Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old April 18th, 2008, 01:02 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
Re: New Site: Unresolved Issues

Sorry if this has been asked, I can't find it in this thread. I have been unable to use smilies in my posts, regardless of whether I have a check in the <disable smilies> box or not.
Old April 18th, 2008, 12:58 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soberman View Post
Sorry if this has been asked, I can't find it in this thread. I have been unable to use smilies in my posts, regardless of whether I have a check in the <disable smilies> box or not.
What browser/os are you on?
Does it happen in both quick reply and regular reply?
Are you using the wsiwyg editor?
Old April 18th, 2008, 01:42 PM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
Quote:
1) ;oops;

The latter, it seems.

2) Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo! / Windows XP Home Edition

3) Both

4) I'll check that now...hold the phone...yes, Full WYIWYG editor interface is set to "on"

Thanks.

Last edited by soberman; April 18th, 2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old April 18th, 2008, 02:03 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
Quote:
1) ;oops;

The latter, it seems.

2) Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo! / Windows XP Home Edition

3) Both

4) I'll check that now...hold the phone...yes, Full WYIWYG editor interface is set to "on"

Thanks.
Ok, so you can use smilies, but they don't automatically insert when you click on the smilie to the right?

To get the numeric version of IE, go to the Help menu in your menu bar and select about Internet Explorer... it should tell you your version in there. If your browser top area buttons look like the image found HERE, then you are using IE7
Old April 18th, 2008, 02:25 PM

Indeed...IE7 it is. Apologies for being obtuse before.
Old April 18th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart

That is odd as IE7 is the only browser I use that not only inserts smilies in the final post, but also inserts the actual simile graphic in the post editor box, if I click a smilie from the right-side smilie box.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old April 18th, 2008, 03:01 PM

Could my pop-up blocker or security settings be too paranoidishly high? I can't connect to web cams in chat rooms either.

Also, not sure if this is a big deal, but I just noticed I couldn't spell check a post several minutes after I put it up without being prompted to download IeSpell, but I could still spell check a post under construction.
Old April 18th, 2008, 03:04 PM

I was able to copy and paste this, so I guess I'll live with it. Thanks ladies.
Old April 18th, 2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Could my pop-up blocker or security settings be too paranoidishly high? I can't connect to web cams in chat rooms either.

Also, not sure if this is a big deal, but I just noticed I couldn't spell check a post several minutes after I put it up without being prompted to download IeSpell, but I could still spell check a post under construction.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...?do=getsmilies
Old April 18th, 2008, 03:51 PM

it is the standard blocker for IE7, and nothing happened when I turned it off. I have the Windows security at medium-high, and the Verizon Internet Security Suite is also running it's blocker, but nothing happened when I turned it off. Then I turned them both off simultaneously. Still nothing. Anyhow, I've told both programs to allow pop-ups from heroscapers, and, again, nothing happened. Oddly, I can copy, but I can't paste now, but I went advanced from quick reply this time.

Yep, can copy and paste smilies from <Post Reply>. Don't know what to make of it all.
Old April 18th, 2008, 05:09 PM

This respons is being done on a win xp (pro) system running ie7 with popups that match yours.

I am using the wsiwyg editor and in advanced post
This is an attempt to click the smilies that show to the right:
That one worked.
This is an attempt to insert one from the more list:

That worked.

So now I'm going to go with java. If you go to the Tools menu in IE7, and select Sun Java Console, what version show in the title bar? The one on the machine I'm using here is: 1.5.0_06

Maybe it is time to do some maintenance on your computer? We don't seem to be able to reproduce the issue on a variety of systems we're trying.

Sorry
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Today I saw this thread in the first page of the Official Units forum:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=1227

It indicated that the last post was made by ultradoug today. When I jumped to the end of the thread, there was a post by him, but it's years old. Not that this is any big inconvenience for me personally, but I think there's some technical glitch at work in that thread.

EDIT: This turned out to be due to a normal site function; see next post.

Last edited by rdhight; April 18th, 2008 at 11:59 PM. Reason: complaint withdrawn

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online