Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 18th, 2019, 06:46 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Puppet Master

When figures that are Weak Minded attack Puppet Master does it add to the roll?
Old June 18th, 2019, 06:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I would say no, just because you're rolling the 20-sided die to do some other effect and then as a consequence of that roll you take control of the figure. The roll is not specifically or primarily to take control of the figure.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 18th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I totally disagree with Bats here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 18th, 2019, 07:09 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I understand what you’re saying Bats I just think from a thematic standpoint it makes sense.
Old June 18th, 2019, 07:13 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Hmm... the power does mention taking control, but only after the initial effect. It seems like it would be more thematic if it did, and whatver the case actually is (I genuinely don't know), it's definitely not clear, so I'm wondering if it's worth tweaking the wording around a bit.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 18th, 2019, 08:01 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I totally disagree with Bats here.
Well, you tend to be better at parsing rules text than I am, so have at it with an explanation.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 18th, 2019, 08:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like the idea of Reactive Mind Control working better on the Weak Minded, seems thematically on point, but I'm not sure from a rules perspective as it is currently written out. Bats' argument is a valid one that the d20 roll is to prevent the attack rather then to take control. I can see an equally valid argument being made that taking control is what prevents the attack, so the d20 roll is actually to take control of the attacking figure. Since the power name itself references Mind Control, I think I would rule Weak-Minded was in play here if I were mid-game.

For reference:

WEAK-MINDED 2
If any player rolls the 20-sided die to take temporary or permanent control of Rhino, that player may add 2 to the roll.
Old June 18th, 2019, 10:31 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You have to read the whole power:

Quote:
REACTIVE MIND CONTROL 8
If Puppet Master is targeted and attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Mental Shield special power, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 8 or higher, Puppet Master takes no damage and the opponent's turn immediately ends. Take temporary control of the attacking figure. Move the attacking figure up to 4 spaces then return control of the figure to the player who controlled it before the Reactive Mind Control. Figures moved with this special power will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Yes, you roll the 20-sided die for Reactive Mind Control and yes, it lets you take temporary control, so yes, you may add 2 to the roll.

Quote:
Old June 18th, 2019, 11:13 PM

Ehh ... I think there's at least gray area. You're not rolling for just that. You're rolling for that and for something else together, so is it still that individually?

I'm ultimately fine with your ruling, though. Should definitely be an FAQ, though, because it's pretty easy to read either way, IMO.

Old June 18th, 2019, 11:20 PM

The power has to be taken as one thing. Do you really want to parse every sentence of every power? That path leads to Crazyville.

Quote:
Old June 18th, 2019, 11:22 PM

I think I'm already down that path. You have my faith. Care to write up the FAQ?

Old June 18th, 2019, 11:24 PM

Because Reactive Mind Control 8 is a special power that lets you take temporary control of a figure, you may add to that roll if the attacking figure is Weak-minded.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library