Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 12th, 2011, 11:02 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville Monthly Tournament - April 2nd

Huh, for some reason I can't find my Codex #11 copy. Downloading now.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 13th, 2011, 02:34 PM

Adalwolf the Destroyer Woo who?

Hey, i am more than likely coming, and i will bring a person or two, and i may need to barrow a squad of Aubrien Archers,

If there is any time that tries man souls, its when you are being Zerg Rushed.
Old March 13th, 2011, 05:25 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ok... this seems to be my month for coming up with odd ideas regarding tournaments...

First of all... I am also an avid fan of Neuroshima Hex! In that board game, each player has a headquarters that can take 20 points of damage. The goal of the game is not to wipe out the other player's army, but to do more damage to their HQ than they are able to do to yours.

Would a variant of this idea work for a HS tournament? It is appealing because it takes away ALL issues with counting points at the end of a match.

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."
Old March 13th, 2011, 05:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diabolo View Post
Also... for those of you interested I came across power rankings SPECIFICALLY for Heat of the battle in HSCodex #11 - http://www.hscodex.com/mag.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Huh, for some reason I can't find my Codex #11 copy. Downloading now.
It's worth noting that Jexik wrote those rankings before the HoB rules were changed to disallow placing figures adjacent to other figures. The current rules are a bit more range-friendly, and much more friendly to the 4-figure squads. The top spots at GenCon 2010 HoB were dominated by 4-figure squads.
Old March 13th, 2011, 06:29 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Ok... this seems to be my month for coming up with odd ideas regarding tournaments...

First of all... I am also an avid fan of Neuroshima Hex! In that board game, each player has a headquarters that can take 20 points of damage. The goal of the game is not to wipe out the other player's army, but to do more damage to their HQ than they are able to do to yours.

Would a variant of this idea work for a HS tournament? It is appealing because it takes away ALL issues with counting points at the end of a match.
http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.p...ducts_id=64436

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.p...ducts_id=77784

Have you seen these? (those are Heroscape figures in the pics, obviously) You can use these for the buildings. They were on sale this past December and I bought the rights download each. I haven't printed them out yet, but I could do so and have them made if you want to run such an event.

Old March 14th, 2011, 05:34 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Quote:

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.p...ducts_id=64436

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.p...ducts_id=77784

Have you seen these? (those are Heroscape figures in the pics, obviously) You can use these for the buildings. They were on sale this past December and I bought the rights download each. I haven't printed them out yet, but I could do so and have them made if you want to run such an event.

Awesome! Love those! Now... if I can just figure out how to make it fair to play headquarters with ranged vs. melee.... hmmmm?

Old March 14th, 2011, 06:12 PM

Deroche if it is in your power to make them, i avidly and whole heartedly, BEG you to make them and i much prefer this new scenario than the heat of the battle

Old March 14th, 2011, 06:55 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adalwolf the Destroyer View Post
Deroche if it is in your power to make them, i avidly and whole heartedly, BEG you to make them and i much prefer this new scenario than the heat of the battle
I'll make you a deal: suffer through just one more soulcrushing defeat at my hands in Heat of Battle and I'll get these made and blackmail, er, strongly suggest to El Diabolo he figure out a viable format for attacking/defending buildings.

The challenge is making it worthwhile to attack a building at the expense of ignoring the opposing force. Regardless of the format, killing off the other army still counts as a win.

Old March 14th, 2011, 08:13 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

That certainly sounds like a fun scenario type of game for another tournament.

Also, isn't Derby going to be in the way of on of our tournaments?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 15th, 2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
blackmail, er, strongly suggest to El Diabolo he figure out a viable format for attacking/defending buildings.

The challenge is making it worthwhile to attack a building at the expense of ignoring the opposing force. Regardless of the format, killing off the other army still counts as a win.
Deroche... actually... there is nothing stopping us from saying that the game is completely scored on HQ damage. I have played many games of Neuroshima Hex where I wiped the floor with the other guy's army... but he managed to damage my HQ far more effectively.

So... here is a thought... to open the discussion. HQ has 20 life - 1 range 3 attack - 3 defense. Special ability- ranged attacks against an enemy HQ roll one less attack die.

HQs do not accept order markers, but attack everything adjacent to them at the end of the round. (this is strictly inspired by Neuroshima Hex)

Thoughts?

Last edited by El Diabolo; March 15th, 2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old March 15th, 2011, 07:29 PM

I really like this idea, i love objective based battles, instead of all out brawls, and i like the idea alot. it also makes alot of sense aswell so you should definately use this at a tourny. But i think that the Hq should have one automatic shield against all figs and range attacks from large figs shouldn't be docked.

Old March 16th, 2011, 02:12 AM

Tribunal Power Woo who?

I love that tourney idea!

Teams would make it even cooler, imo. Randomly paired 2v2 objective matches would be sick.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events