Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old October 24th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
So it would be a strict 250 points per team in your scenario Rev?
No, I didn't say that right...it would be 500 points per army, 1000 per team, but limited to 12 hexes per army...so I could still have two 4th Mass, but would need to eat up the other 360 points with just 4 more hexes (can you say "Hulk"?...oops, that's 370, but you get the idea).
Old October 24th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Nipple Rings

wisinger Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
I do like random partner
If we do this, I would think partner per game would be best. Since this is indeed about interacting with our community. It would be interesting to play a game, and then turn around and possiblly have for a partner, the person who you just played against.

Think of the chaos...

Think of the interaction (this is all about hanging with friends, that just happen to also play scape, right?)

Old October 24th, 2007, 06:45 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
So it would be a strict 250 points per team in your scenario Rev?
No, I didn't say that right...it would be 500 points per army, 1000 per team, but limited to 12 hexes per army...so I could still have two 4th Mass, but would need to eat up the other 360 points with just 4 more hexes (can you say "Hulk"?...oops, that's 370, but you get the idea).

Hmm... what if we declared this a "Team Tournament" in the additional sense that your armies are composed solely of heroes? Like superhero teams (except classic HS is allowed too)? 1000 points just seems like a lot. 400 apiece?

There is a lot of paperwork and mechanics involved with teaming people up in a swiss tournament each round. Too much for my taste unless someone knows a tried-and-true system already.

I'm not really afraid of Hulk or Thanos, so I see no reason to limit their participation.
Old October 24th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I completely agree with wisinger--sounds like a lot of fun!

Although if the objective is have an ultimate "team" champion, I don't see how this would work...

How much are folks willing to "mix it up"?

EDIT:I also liked Revdyer's 1000 points/12 hex thing.

EDIT AGAIN: Would it be possible to do something like Craig's 8 people vs 8 people 2 games simultaneous that he talked about on the redone website. I thought passing units over to save a losing team/set of order markers was a cool idea.
Old October 24th, 2007, 08:09 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
So does the snag come in that DCI automatically matches people up to games and has no "rotating team" option (not that it would likely be called that)?

What if when it shows:

Player 1 vs. Player 2 on Map 1
Player 3 vs. Player 4 on Map 2

you just read it as Players 1 and 2 vs. Players 3 and 4 on Map 1?

If that doesn't work, we used different software for the Houston tourney - let me consult with my genius wife to see if that software could do something like this.

I also think that random teams per round is much better than random teams per day, as who'd want to be stuck with me for that long
Old October 24th, 2007, 08:23 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
So does the snag come in that DCI automatically matches people up to games and has no "rotating team" option (not that it would likely be called that)?

What if when it shows:

The problem with that is that you do in fact end up playing with basically the same person (or at least 1 and 2 would after round 1). So you'd have to say Players 1 and 3 vs. Players 2 and 4. Then, if 1 and 3 won, how do you determine who the new 2nd place is? Wouldn't it basically be the same 4 people but swapping teams?

I dunno; someone who's better at logistics could probably figure it out. Don't they do something like this in tennis?

(For the record, I'd rather keep the teams static. No randomization.)
Old October 24th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I like random teams. I don't like Marvel in a tournament.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old October 24th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I vote yes random teams, especially if it can be worked out logistically.

I haven't played with the marvel figures yet, so I will go with the majority.

I vote 800 point teams/400 per player.

I don't know about start zones. 24 army/12 per player or...?
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston
I vote yes random teams, especially if it can be worked out logistically.

I haven't played with the marvel figures yet, so I will go with the majority.

I vote 800 point teams/400 per player.

I don't know about start zones. 24 army/12 per player or...?
Looks like you've hit all the options there:

A - Random teams
B - Marvel
-Bb1- Points, 550? 800? 1000? (Sub-category since it's tied to Marvel)
---B1a--- Smaller start zones (Sub-category since it's only an issue if we play with more points than we did last year.)
-B2- All heroes (Sub-category since it's tied to Marvel)
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:49 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan

What if when it shows:

The problem with that is that you do in fact end up playing with basically the same person (or at least 1 and 2 would after round 1). So you'd have to say Players 1 and 3 vs. Players 2 and 4. Then, if 1 and 3 won, how do you determine who the new 2nd place is? Wouldn't it basically be the same 4 people but swapping teams?

I dunno; someone who's better at logistics could probably figure it out. Don't they do something like this in tennis?

(For the record, I'd rather keep the teams static. No randomization.)
Hmm. As long as you didn't play in round 2 with the same teammate you had in round 1, I would think everyone would end up with slightly different rankings due to the round 1 complete randomization.

Did anyone is Dallas end up playing someone more than once this last time?
Old October 25th, 2007, 12:41 AM

Focus has disabled reputation
I like the idea of a random partner in the sence that I would get to know a lot more people... however I liked the team tourny last year because it was fun planning your armies to coinside with one another and to help each other out. If I knew going in I would have a random partner each round my best bet would be to go into battle with a small balanced army which in my mind is no fun. I loved the two dragon teams, and one partner with all rats or melee while the other had range last March. I like the idea but I wouldn't want the offical team tourny to be replaced by this.
Old October 25th, 2007, 01:01 AM

Liam_l has disabled reputation
I very much disagree with the random teammate idea, because playing with a random parnter does not allow the team's and player's potential to fully unleash.

I mean, I wouldn't like to end up with someone random who doesn't like my liquid two or big roundness or exciteness, or vice-versa for the other guy.

Isn't tournament suppose to be fun eh, but is not like I don't wanna meet everyone, just meeting them in a ... non-forceful way.

Warriors of fate, It's now time to stand up.
Use the sword of lightning to scatter your enemies.
Believe in the future and love that you must protect. To eternity! To eternity!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events