Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old January 1st, 2017, 01:59 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Cleveland, Columbus, and Pittsburgh (C2P) Tournament 2/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I only own 1 Jungle, but depending on how many loose trees I have, I may be able to jury rig up a 2nd Tree set.

If that doesn't work out, I can do Sabertooth Jungle without any issue.

Here's what I have to work with for certain though;
FotA x3
TT x2
VW x2
RttFF x1
TJ x1

RotV x4 (minimum, but probably closer to 7)
SotM x2
BftU x3
Marvel x1

There's still ample time to change out the map rotation, or even have players collaborate on bringing Jungles or the Trees.
Agreed. I'll check it all out more in-depth later.
Old January 1st, 2017, 05:20 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I should be there. I can bring a map or two, I have 2+ of every set (plus some proxy Jungle). However, if it's not too late, may I suggest one or two of the maps from of my Cryptolith Map Contest (poll up here). The winner will be voted on the end of January, so we should at least bring the winning map, maybe also the second place map too, or we can pick the maps now.
Old January 1st, 2017, 05:34 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I should be there. I can bring a map or two, I have 2+ of every set (plus some proxy Jungle). However, if it's not too late, may I suggest one or two of the maps from of my Cryptolith Map Contest (poll up here). The winner will be voted on the end of January, so we should at least bring the winning map, maybe also the second place map too, or we can pick the maps now.
If I could guarantee it would be just heroscapers, I probably would. However, with the possibility of people that aren't on the site being there, it's hard for me to allow custom terrain... What are others thoughts on this?
Spoiler Alert!

Like I said, what are others' opinions?

EDIT: I guess I'm more actually concerned with the balance of the custom terrain maps...
Old January 1st, 2017, 05:48 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Assuming the crypolith's rules can be printed off, i dont see it as an issue. Might ensure that the top hex cant be reached either, to further doscourage preplanning for them.

But I dont even know if they have actual rules or not.

Edit: No qualms of VC. The units are balanced, and you can always see what the other guy is using.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 2nd, 2017, 04:13 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Although I normally discourage custom terrain, since AotP is the successor of sorts to Heroscape, IMHO Crytoloths are about as official to Heroscape terrain we are going to get. There are rules for Crypotliths, and @DanieLoche made a Heroscape Destructible Object Card for them for which I made 3/page and included in my Cryptolith Maps.pdf compilation.
Old January 2nd, 2017, 08:46 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Crypoliths look cool though

I'm not sure how I feel about the Crypoliths. Being able to drop Airborne Elite (among other fun tricks) may feel a bit too much in favor of ranged units, similarly to castle pillars would in vanilla 'scape.

As far as them being "custom" that doesn't bother me. I think they look cool and could work on those boards in your contest @lefton4ya .

But, its not only my opinion that matters here. Additionally, it would give us an extra map or 2 to play on (which is certainly a worthy goal).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 11:17 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

What kind of testing have the Cryptoliths had with Classic 'Scape? I'm fine with (and might bring some) VC stuff, because I know that's been extensively tested. I guess I'd shy away from custom terrain, at least for our first tournament.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 3rd, 2017, 03:00 PM

Sorry if the Crypoliths are derailing this thread. I can take them or leave them, just thought they would add variety and would be nice to honor the winner of my contest by playing on a map with it. They were playtested by Hasbo probably about the same as lava or jungle, although I understand that they were playtested with AotP in mind not Heroscape. As @flameslayer93 pointed out, the one spot they are overpowered is if you can summon or drop on them, and in the one map they were on in Ohio NHSD I posted "I am house ruling you cannot summon or "drop" a figure on a cryptolith" and vocalized this rule at the start of the tourney as well. Feedback at that tourney for Cryptoliths was fairly positive, saying they were fairly easy to take down and since it causes a falling damage roll it was barely worthwhile to stay on, although my map put one at a choke-hold in the map.

Anyway, I am looking forward to it, and should be able to bring a couple of any maps if needed. Now on to plan my armies for a Meetup tomorrow in Cincinnati and for a Louisville Monthly Tourney-- Jan 7th
Old January 4th, 2017, 06:00 PM

Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker

My father and I are hoping to attend, perhaps a friend as well.
Old January 4th, 2017, 06:48 PM

@lefton4ya how much RttFF do you have?
Old January 5th, 2017, 12:42 AM

I have 3 & 2/3 sets (missing trees and the single hexes, added to my AotP box and played with tonight, but I digress). I actually have 3 of every set except D&D and Tundra I have 2 and fortress sets I have 5, but want to sell down to two of each set. Except one of my Jungle and Lava sets are custom. I don't want to bring more than a couple maps just to save me from having to come too early or stay too late.
Old January 5th, 2017, 07:02 AM

Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker

Since customs seem to be allowed, can the prototype version of Hatamoto Taro please be allowed?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events