Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old April 27th, 2014, 08:53 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: X Minus 2 Customs Card Printer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
All rep goes to Xorlof on this one! And he deserves a ton!

(Though A3n helped with a lot of the technical stuff too, so rep that guy as well!).

I think I might finally have a good reason to switch over to Chrome!
I'm out of rep for both...

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old April 28th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
It's not exactly customs, but I think that the add of the army cards from my Picasa Album(s) web should be very useful for us (les Français ^^)
Your signature link goes to picassa's "my photos" area, which is *my* photos for me, not *your* pictures as intended. Send me the correct link and I'll have a look!

Quote:
And a suggestion : make some filters (per wave & per name at least).
Added to the "planned features" section of the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
*edit* I'm using Chrome & the third card is always being shifted to its own page. Any guesses/suggestions? (I'm still using XP, if that matters.)
I'll try pulling up an XP box and see if I can replicate this. Does it look like the card would have fit on the first page, but Chrome just decided to bump it to the second?

I've tested it under Windows 7 with Chrome, Firefox, and IE, and OS X (Lion, I think?) in Safari, Firefox, and Chrome, but apparently there are cases where there are issues. Hopefully I can replicate them to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Now unto VC!
Already working on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
BTW I just had a thought that the next project might assist here with the wave grouping.
Details!

Quote:
Also, Xorlof, what does the title mean, anyway?
It means I've not put much thought into naming. What's there was a placeholder that didn't end up getting changed. It is a bit of a nod to Old Time Radio, which I *love* and had a show called X Minus One, but I changed the end to Two for a particular (I think guessable by some) reason...

That said, if anybody has a cool name idea, please let me know!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old April 28th, 2014, 05:02 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Quote:
It's not exactly customs, but I think that the add of the army cards from my Picasa Album(s) web should be very useful for us (les Français ^^)
Your signature link goes to picassa's "my photos" area, which is *my* photos for me, not *your* pictures as intended. Send me the correct link and I'll have a look!

Quote:
And a suggestion : make some filters (per wave & per name at least).
Added to the "planned features" section of the OP.

Quote:
*edit* I'm using Chrome & the third card is always being shifted to its own page. Any guesses/suggestions? (I'm still using XP, if that matters.)
I'll try pulling up an XP box and see if I can replicate this. Does it look like the card would have fit on the first page, but Chrome just decided to bump it to the second?

I've tested it under Windows 7 with Chrome, Firefox, and IE, and OS X (Lion, I think?) in Safari, Firefox, and Chrome, but apparently there are cases where there are issues. Hopefully I can replicate them to fix it.

Quote:
Now unto VC!
Already working on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
BTW I just had a thought that the next project might assist here with the wave grouping.
Details!

Quote:
Also, Xorlof, what does the title mean, anyway?
It means I've not put much thought into naming. What's there was a placeholder that didn't end up getting changed. It is a bit of a nod to Old Time Radio, which I *love* and had a show called X Minus One, but I changed the end to Two for a particular (I think guessable by some) reason...

That said, if anybody has a cool name idea, please let me know!
Well, whatever you may have did, it worked! I have absolutely no idea why, since I did nothing different... Thanks, Xorlof!

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old April 28th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Well, whatever you may have did, it worked! I have absolutely no idea why, since I did nothing different... Thanks, Xorlof!
The only way I was able to replicate the problem is to switch Chrome's margin setting from "default" (which is the default ) over to "none." If if you leave all settings alone on the Chrome print page things should continue to work for you.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old April 28th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool stuff, glad to see this got done in time for the new release. Someone might want to think about linking this thread to the first post of the promotions department, just so it doesn't get lost.

EDIT: After trying it out, is there any way to make PDFs using the program? I couldn't find it if there is. I feel like it would be necessary if you get the cards shipped out to be printed (which I do) and I need a PDF/similar file in order to send it to someone. Just a thought

Last edited by Smithy Winfred; April 28th, 2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old April 28th, 2014, 10:18 PM
C-Wedgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Cool stuff, glad to see this got done in time for the new release. Someone might want to think about linking this thread to the first post of the promotions department, just so it doesn't get lost.

EDIT: After trying it out, is there any way to make PDFs using the program? I couldn't find it if there is. I feel like it would be necessary if you get the cards shipped out to be printed (which I do) and I need a PDF/similar file in order to send it to someone. Just a thought
When selecting where it prints to, click "Save as PDF"

Old April 28th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Super Smurfy

Quote:
Cool stuff, glad to see this got done in time for the new release.
It actually came together really quickly. I started work on it April 19, after seeing A3n's post in the Snappleman PDF Generator thread. It seemed like a straightforward project, reasonably well within my wheelhouse, provided if I could get access to the C3G server, which A3n granted. It was ready to be released 4 days later. The old C3G server issue delayed it ultimately getting released until yesterday.

Quote:
As cwijde mentioned, if in Chrome, just change the destination to PDF. Otherwise, check the original post of this thread for instructions. Chrome's built-in functionality yields a superior quality PDF, but the other method's PDFs look good too.

Old April 29th, 2014, 06:15 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

SWEET! This is way better than my GIMP Script-Fu to Combine any 3 cards 3/page. My I ask what languages and resources did you use to code?
Old April 29th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Super Smurfy

The server side code is PHP, because it was available and convenient, not because I know it well. The client (web browser) does all of the work composing and laying out the pages, which is entirely handled by CSS rules.

JavaScript is pretty much only used to load the list of cards and add/remove them from the page as needed. That and a couple of other minor things.

This was done in a regular text editor--no IDEs because I don't have a PHP development environment ready to go.

Old April 30th, 2014, 08:28 AM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Quote:
Cool stuff, glad to see this got done in time for the new release.
It actually came together really quickly. I started work on it April 19, after seeing A3n's post in the Snappleman PDF Generator thread. It seemed like a straightforward project, reasonably well within my wheelhouse, provided if I could get access to the C3G server, which A3n granted. It was ready to be released 4 days later. The old C3G server issue delayed it ultimately getting released until yesterday.

Quote:
Thanks a million! Can't wait to get some of the past two releases printed out.
As cwijde mentioned, if in Chrome, just change the destination to PDF. Otherwise, check the original post of this thread for instructions. Chrome's built-in functionality yields a superior quality PDF, but the other method's PDFs look good too.
Old April 30th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Great googley moogley this is awesome. Thanks, Xorlof!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 30th, 2014, 08:48 AM

...Saint Walker hasn't been released, has he? Because he's on the printer...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software