Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old August 9th, 2006, 02:04 AM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by srmalloy
I thought I'd experiment a little, and edited copies of the tile textures for the water, ice, lava, and snow tiles -- the first three to make them more than just the flat-color plate, and the snow tile to enhance the contrast in the texture.
Good initiative srmalloy. I will download and look that tonight at home.
Old August 9th, 2006, 03:51 PM

Marsman has disabled reputation
Zzzzz needs a title!

War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory.
Old August 9th, 2006, 03:56 PM

D-Dyzzle has disabled reputation
just had an idea 5z. maybe you could add some blanks in the image folder and more tabs on the terrain selection thingy so we could edit the blank images for custom terrain. get what im sayin
Old August 9th, 2006, 05:01 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz
Quote:
I thought I'd experiment a little, and edited copies of the tile textures for the water, ice, lava, and snow tiles -- the first three to make them more than just the flat-color plate, and the snow tile to enhance the contrast in the texture.
Good initiative srmalloy. I will download and look that tonight at home.
After looking at various images of molten lava on the Net, I went back and fiddled with the lava texture, digging out a 'clouds' plugin and playing with the parameters to get something that looked like the pictures, then took the dark patches and applied a texture to them, so that it looks more like chunks of partly-cooled lava crust floating on molten lava, as in this picture:

Now, if there were just an easy way to get that lava texture onto the lava tiles in my collection...
Old August 9th, 2006, 05:06 PM

srmalloy. do we click on that same link to download the new lava texture or can you give us a link
Old August 9th, 2006, 05:37 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dyzzle
srmalloy. do we click on that same link to download the new lava texture or can you give us a link
I replaced the zipfile with a new one with the updated lava texture, so you'd just click on the link.
Old August 9th, 2006, 05:43 PM

hmm im still getin the same lava image as the first one
Old August 9th, 2006, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dyzzle
hmm im still getin the same lava image as the first one
The server isn't actually updating the file in the gallery when I upload a newer version; I tried deleting the old file before uploading the new one, and it kept resurrecting the old one. I finally just deleted it, uploaded the new one with a different name, edited all the old links to point to the correct name, and now the link has the correct textures.
Old August 9th, 2006, 11:16 PM

Quote:
To verify that this is a problem with pdf creator, just make a preview and verify that the 3D view appear on the first page. (I have found a bug if the 3d window is maximized so do not maximize the 3D window).
If the 3D view appear this is a problem with pdf creator, if 3D view doesn't appear, try with another default printer and if doesn't appear, this is a problem with virtualscape. I will test some pdf creator to verify.
The print preview shows the 3D render, but it doesn't appear in the PDF file created by the PDF convertor. So your code is functioning correctly; it's the PDF tool that's broken. I'm going to have to find a convertor that works better.
Old August 10th, 2006, 01:00 AM

sweet. thnx srmallroy
Old August 10th, 2006, 01:49 AM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Really nice srmalloy. I will don't insert this texture in Virtualscape because it's too far of reallity and I think it's better than Virtualscape stay near reallity. But the snow is better than mine and near of reallity. Are you agree that I integrate it to virtualscape ? (I understand if you prefer that this file stay your file) .
Old August 10th, 2006, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Quote:
To verify that this is a problem with pdf creator, just make a preview and verify that the 3D view appear on the first page. (I have found a bug if the 3d window is maximized so do not maximize the 3D window).
If the 3D view appear this is a problem with pdf creator, if 3D view doesn't appear, try with another default printer and if doesn't appear, this is a problem with virtualscape. I will test some pdf creator to verify.
The print preview shows the 3D render, but it doesn't appear in the PDF file created by the PDF convertor. So your code is functioning correctly; it's the PDF tool that's broken. I'm going to have to find a convertor that works better.
I experiment PDFCreator at this link
http://www.01net.com/outils/telechar...tele26668.html
( just click on "télécharger" )
and it work correctly with 3D view on the first page

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software