Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 10th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, the mighty Thor!

On behalf of our !!!!!!!!!!!!! and electrified community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, who thinks you would be a lot less Thor if you just thlowed down and relaxed

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 11th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Made updates to Galactus, Supergirl, and Superman up in the 1st post. New ones added were:

BEAST
BLACK CAT
BLACK WIDOW
BULLSEYE
CABLE
COLOSSUS
CRIMSON DYNAMO
CYCLOPS
DOCTOR STRANGE
ECHO
ELECTRO
FALCON
GHOST RIDER
HAWKEYE
IRON FIST
JEAN GREY
JUGGERNAUT
KINGPIN
KLAW
KRAVEN THE HUNTER
LOCKJAW
MAGNETO
MOLEMAN
POWER MAN
PROFESSOR X
SYLOCKE (I know it should have a "p" at the beginning, but this forum won't let me post a message that contains that word for some reason)
PUNISHER
QUICKSILVER
RADIOACTIVE MAN
ROGUE
SABERTOOTH
SCARLET WITCH
SHE-HULK
SPIDER-WOMAN
STORM
SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN
THOR
TIGRA
VISION
WOLVERINE
Old July 12th, 2007, 12:46 PM

Cigarman has disabled reputation
Ghost Rider has a height of 0. Is this correct?

Also, the Galactus power "Devourer of Worlds" doesn't seem to fit with what is seen in the comics. Doesn't he usually have to come down to the planet, build some kinda big dookicky while the Heroes fight him, then use it to suck the planet dry, destroying the terrain, when he finishes it.

I don't remember him eating up terrain as a matter of course. It was more of a scenario goal (build the thingy in 12 rounds while the other player tries to stop you.).

Cigarman
Old July 12th, 2007, 01:12 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarman
Ghost Rider has a height of 0. Is this correct?

Also, the Galactus power "Devourer of Worlds" doesn't seem to fit with what is seen in the comics. Doesn't he usually have to come down to the planet, build some kinda big dookicky while the Heroes fight him, then use it to suck the planet dry, destroying the terrain, when he finishes it.

I don't remember him eating up terrain as a matter of course. It was more of a scenario goal (build the thingy in 12 rounds while the other player tries to stop you.).

Cigarman
No, Ghost Rider shouldn't have 0 height. It should be 5 - I'll have to correct that.

As for Galactus, I'm not exactly sure to tell you the truth. I was thinking more that the heroes try to stop his herald first and if they fail, Galactus arrives. Once he does he starts consuming the planet while they try to stop him. But I like your way, too. I guess I need to do some more research (i.e., go home and read some comics).
Old July 12th, 2007, 01:33 PM

The usual pattern is for the Herald to call him, he shows up and starts building some sort of big power syphon, the heroes try to stop him from completing the syphon, the heroes do something clever, and Galactus goes away. When he does get a chance to finish the syphon, he turns it on and sucks the planet dry, destroying the terrain in the process. Once he starts the big machine up, it's usually "game over" for the residents of that planet.

Now a cool variation I've seen when modeling Galactus for a game is what they did in Heroclix. They present Galactus in 3 different power levels, each with it's own point cost, to reflect how "hungry" or weak he is at that time. Nice way to tailor the challenge and size of opposing forces used in the game.

Cigarman
Old July 12th, 2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarman
The usual pattern is for the Herald to call him, he shows up and starts building some sort of big power syphon, the heroes try to stop him from completing the syphon, the heroes do something clever, and Galactus goes away. When he does get a chance to finish the syphon, he turns it on and sucks the planet dry, destroying the terrain in the process. Once he starts the big machine up, it's usually "game over" for the residents of that planet.

Now a cool variation I've seen when modeling Galactus for a game is what they did in Heroclix. They present Galactus in 3 different power levels, each with it's own point cost, to reflect how "hungry" or weak he is at that time. Nice way to tailor the challenge and size of opposing forces used in the game.

Cigarman
Interesting, I'll have to think on those ideas. The figure I got for Galactus actually came with his "planet eating device" that he can hold. So maybe a certain number of rounds after he arrives, it could be put into his hand and then he begins the devouring process...
Old July 13th, 2007, 07:08 PM

Okay, how about rewording Galactus's "Devourer of Worlds" ability to this:

Quote:
Before moving, roll the 20-sided die. Remove, at most, the number of hexes equivalent to the die roll from the map. These spaces must be from the edge of the map and within 10 spaces of Galactus. Any figures on the removed spaces are destroyed. Galactus cannot use Devourer of Worlds until he has been on the map for at least 10 full rounds.
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:05 PM

Sounds good,. Gives the players a deadline to meet with some major consequences for failure.

Had a chance to playtest it yet?

Any thoughts on Sentinels?

Cigarman
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:31 PM

No, I haven't playtested it yet. I still need Silver Surfer to use him. If I could only find Marvelscape. I know I could proxy him, but that wouldn't be as cool.

For Sentinels, I ordered a HeroClix sentinel and I'm working on the card today. Maybe I'll have something posted later today.
Old July 16th, 2007, 02:50 PM

Here's my first pass at a Sentinel. I'm really unsure on the point cost of this one. He's powerful, but only has Life of 1. Let me know what you guys think.

Old July 16th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
I like it a lot!

I think maybe they should not get the DW treatment though. Some X-Men can take a Sentinel down in one shot but for the most part it's a group effort to drop these guys. How about a 7 defense and 3 life?

EDIT: Have yet to compliment the Iron Man armors...very cool
Old July 16th, 2007, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
I like it a lot!

I think maybe they should not get the DW treatment though. Some X-Men can take a Sentinel down in one shot but for the most part it's a group effort to drop these guys. How about a 7 defense and 3 life?

EDIT: Have yet to compliment the Iron Man armors...very cool
I'm sick at home today so maybe that's why, but I didn't get what DW stands for.

I thought these guys needed to be common heroes, which is why they're stuck with a one life. That way we can have a bunch of them. But I guess the other way to go is name them after specific Sentinels and make them Unique Heroes with a Life > 3. Would that be better?

Thanks regarding the Iron Man armors. I'm revamping them a little to be a little less dependant on the peripheral cards. Some won't have them anymore, but the more powerful ones will still need them. I can't wait to playtest those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations