Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

View Poll Results: What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Unsliced Bread 7 38.89%
Bread and Water 5 27.78%
Anything to Avoid Starvation 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 21st, 2009, 06:33 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Balantai's Customs - Jean Grey 4/20/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
So, Colossus, Prof X, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Rogue, Beast, Iceman, and Angel on the way?
Shame on you! How can you forget Gambit.

I have ideas already for Colossus, Shadowcat, Gambit, Beast and Iceman. I really don't think I can improve on the NM24 Rogue or the NM24 Prof X, though. I might remake Rogue with the color scheme, though. With permission, of course, since I will be essentially ripping it off. But it is truely a compliment. I really don't think it could be more thematically correct.
Old April 21st, 2009, 11:37 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Balantai's Customs - Colossus 4/21/09

Jean Grey has been updated on the first page.

Also, may I present Colossus:

Old April 21st, 2009, 11:46 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Gambit and Emma Frost would be the other two, yeah. Maybe Psylocke? I know there are others around as well, but I do like the yellow/blue color scheme.

Cool powers on Colossus. I can just see him jumping in front of a laser blast to spare Shadowcat! Invulnerability makes sense and is fun in situational play, but it is, of course, Steel Skin that is the biggie. You realize that you've essentially given him TWELVE defense dice with this power, right? Given his high life, fleet feet, and decent attack, this guy's a killer. I would consider lowering his base defense to like ... 4? to make him a little less of a terror. Right now this guy's tougher (and more of an offensive threat) than the NM24 Blob we're working on, and that guy is TOUGH to kill!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 12:07 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Gambit and Emma Frost would be the other two, yeah. Maybe Psylocke? I know there are others around as well, but I do like the yellow/blue color scheme.

Cool powers on Colossus. I can just see him jumping in front of a laser blast to spare Shadowcat! Invulnerability makes sense and is fun in situational play, but it is, of course, Steel Skin that is the biggie. You realize that you've essentially given him TWELVE defense dice with this power, right? Given his high life, fleet feet, and decent attack, this guy's a killer. I would consider lowering his base defense to like ... 4? to make him a little less of a terror. Right now this guy's tougher (and more of an offensive threat) than the NM24 Blob we're working on, and that guy is TOUGH to kill!
My math might be wrong, but rolling 6 defence dice is an average of 2 shields. Reroll the other 4 and you have an average of 1.33 shields. That's a total of 3.33 shields on average. This brings his Defense to 10, but technically, he can't have over 6 total. To me, this is equal to approximately 9 Defense. The blob has 7 Defense reroll 3. That's 2.33 average shields plus one more for the reroll. That means they both have 3.33 shields on average, but the Blob has a possibility of 7. Essentially the same.

Math aside , I still see your point. Colossus' staple is his Defense. Perhaps lowering his Attack to 4 and his Defense to 5?
Old April 22nd, 2009, 12:20 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

No your math's right, I just wasn't thinking about it right. And yes, his defense is his stable, but is he as tough as Blob and Hulk? I'm not sure.
I could see lowering his defense to 5, at least, helping a lot. I wouldn't lower his attack, though. I mean, Venom and Captain America are at 6. I feel Colossus doesn't hit that much softer.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 10:15 AM

artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker

I'm not a big fan of the reroll abilities, if you want to make Colossus tougher why not just up his defense total to 7 or 8. I like to think of these customs as being playable in non-marvel heroscape and if you get figures with high life and more than 7 or 8 defense I think the game dynamic starts to break down a bit(probably why none of the Marvelscape figures had a defense higher than 7).
I really like the protector ability. You've gotten right to the essence of Colossus's character with that one.
Good customs, keep 'em comin.

CORVUS
Old April 22nd, 2009, 10:49 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

I think I'm going to drop his life to 5, remove the Steel Skin ability and up his Defense to 8. Maybe then I'll change around Protector a bit to make it a cooler ability. I'm thinking I could allow it to have Colossus switch places with the ally also.

Last edited by Balantai; April 22nd, 2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 11:45 AM

artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker

Maybe you could protector usable for attacks from non-adjacent figures, like Colossus stepping in front to shield someone from incoming bullets, etc(or as IAmBatman said a laser blast). I don't know, that might get tricky for line of sight purposes, just a suggestion.

CORVUS
Old April 22nd, 2009, 01:50 PM

Another nice way to somewhat nerf powerful defensive abilities like Steel Skin, in case you did want to hang on to it, is by having it work with certain attacks and not others. For instance, there's Sgt. Drake who's protected from normal ranged attacks, but not from normal melee attacks or special attacks. Steel Skin would have to be at least vulnerable to special attacks, I'd think, for instance.
But if you prefer to just drop it all together, I understand that as well.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 01:50 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Thank you for all the feedback, Artemiscorso. It is much appreciated. I think I will open up Protector to allow all attacks, adjacent and ranged, at your suggestion. Also, I think I will revert his Defense back to 6 and change Steel Skin to read: Colossus may never recieve more than one wound per attack. I'm still going to drop his Life to 5, though.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 09:50 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I dig where you're going with Colossus, especially the Protector power.

I'm with you on not re-inventing the wheel with Rogue and Prof X. Not that I don't think you could make awesome customs for them, but as you pointed out, they're already pretty great, and polished. With all of the community cooperation and desire to create synergy between multiple creator's figures going on right now, the best thing to do is build the roster!

I wouldn't mind seeing a re-carded rogue, just so she fits in a little better with all of the other great X-Cards that've blown through NM24 recently.

With The Blob nearing completion, I'd love to see more of The Brotherhood, although a bunch of them are chumps [koff*Toad*kaff].

Ultimately, it's a total Win/Win for me, since I have a figure for just about every classic X-Men hero and villain.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 12:37 AM

I'd love to see more Brotherhood on the same card backings (black and red). I'd really love to see Rogue done in the style of the cards here (with the same powers/stats/everything).
I'd love to at some point revisit the NM24 cards that have been inducted a bit as well just for the idea of synergy together and consistency throughout the set. To make sure there are no powers with the same name that do different things, for instance, and that a power like the Kryptonite ring on Batman's card fits with the Superman we're working on now. That type of thing.
And things like that - how we deal with Kryptonite and Kryptonians ... there should be some degree of consistency there as well, I'd think.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations