Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old August 21st, 2020, 06:36 PM

crxcowboy is surprisingly tart
Re: Hexscape 3D Heroscape (new thread)

So, I have begun diving into this code, and let me just say, dang! Lyrgard did some pretty awesome work to be the only one coding this. His list of things to work on is on the source code site and I started with one of the simplest things...adding a quit button. Hopefully, I'll be able to make some more progress this weekend.
Old August 22nd, 2020, 12:18 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxcowboy View Post
So, I have begun diving into this code, and let me just say, dang! Lyrgard did some pretty awesome work to be the only one coding this. His list of things to work on is on the source code site and I started with one of the simplest things...adding a quit button. Hopefully, I'll be able to make some more progress this weekend.
Thank you again!
Old September 29th, 2020, 06:12 PM

the1whoknoxx is surprisingly tart

Any updates on server connectivity?
Old October 18th, 2020, 07:41 PM

Jacobjohn1 is surprisingly tart

So, let me preface this by saying I'm only recently exploring heroscape again. I created a map on virtualscape and would eventually like to play it on Hexscape.

That said, I installed hexscape. I imported the assets. However, everytime I try to open the map on Hexscape, I get an error saying the 3d object for trees, arches, battlements, etc. are not found. I'm running on Windows 10 and can't figure out what's wrong for the life of me. Is there something I'm missing?
Old October 26th, 2020, 08:02 PM

crxcowboy is surprisingly tart
PM me the exact error message and I'll take a look

Last edited by Dysole; February 5th, 2021 at 11:48 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2021, 04:15 PM

the1whoknoxx is surprisingly tart

Has anyone had any luck getting the server working for them?
Old August 8th, 2021, 09:20 PM

Erynus is surprisingly tart

Greetings, i just got it working in a LAN. What i did is just changing the Server addres in the Hexscape settings to my internal (lan) IP. When i opened the server it just worked.
I think for it to work outside the lan one shouldput the external ip instead, i couldn't test it thought.
Old August 9th, 2021, 01:49 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erynus View Post
Greetings, i just got it working in a LAN. What i did is just changing the Server addres in the Hexscape settings to my internal (lan) IP. When i opened the server it just worked.
I think for it to work outside the lan one shouldput the external ip instead, i couldn't test it thought.
Thank you so much!
I don't have time to test it this week, but I'd be willing to help test it in a few weeks.
Old August 9th, 2021, 01:26 PM

Just a quick question. Before i start duplicating assets to change their base colour, just in case the other player chooses the same units as me. Is there a way to color or mark a mini as belonging to one or another player (as i can move and rotate all of them)?
Would be enough to recolor the png file or is there something to tweak in the .mtl?
Old August 9th, 2021, 02:09 PM

Recoloring the .png file will change the base color.

To have a new army with different base colors, you will need to make NEW FOLDER for the hero/squad with the different base colors.

Also, you will need to change the NAMES of the .OBJ files in the new folder (I think to match the folder name), but don't change the .png file names because the .obj files look for those name.

Your army file will call out the new names.
Old August 9th, 2021, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Recoloring the .png file will change the base color.

To have a new army with different base colors, you will need to make NEW FOLDER for the hero/squad with the different base colors.

Also, you will need to change the NAMES of the .OBJ files in the new folder (I think to match the folder name), but don't change the .png file names because the .obj files look for those name.

Your army file will call out the new names.
Yeah, that's what i thought, to duplicate all the folders for each colour. That is why i asked if was there an easy way.
Old August 21st, 2021, 02:21 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Here's a good link to Typhon's maps:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b37nfjfaz...nOYSkZl2g3Ti7a
Oh, just saw this. Yes, that link works!
Thanks, @superfrog .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software