Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old June 4th, 2015, 07:24 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Beorn Boltcutter

I just realized that this guy might actually make DW7K playable. Years ago I would drop Finn on 7K to make him into a fun anti-range figure that could slink around picking figures off as range fruitlessly tried to take him down. Boltcutter is an infinitely more cost effective way of doing the same thing. There's a reason Utgar is the one who summoned him.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old June 4th, 2015, 07:27 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

I totally agree @Sir Dendrik

H E R O S C A P E
Old June 5th, 2015, 01:39 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
What I mean is, I don't understand what any of that has to do with whether the file is in the Downloads section or not and how it gets linked from the Book.
I think @Xotli or @ZBeeblebrox can resolve this.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 5th, 2015, 01:41 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
All in all, this guy looks awesome! I've always loved the death walkers despite the fact that they are pretty underpowered, and anything that gives them a boost is great to see. The only thing that kind of annoys me is the fact that he's from Eberron instead of Feylund. I'm of the persuasion that D&D was the worst thing to happen to classic scape. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think its unfortunate to see C3V perpetuate this with new units brought over from the D&D universe. At the end of the day, though, I'm just glad to see new units being created and released!
We've been doing it since our first wave.

--
--
--

--
Old June 5th, 2015, 08:39 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
I'm of the persuasion that D&D was the worst thing to happen to classic scape. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think its unfortunate to see C3V perpetuate this with new units brought over from the D&D universe.
I don't care for the D&D storylines, either, and wish the game had remained all about the Valhallan universe. But economically, that just wasn't in the cards. Having D&D come into the family was the price we paid for getting three more waves and another master set, and I would rather have the figures and stories I do like from those waves than none at all. We may not entirely like the slightly creepy guy who married our mom after dad left, but at least he owned a house and had a job and brought enough money into the family to pay the bills for a few years and get us a new guitar or two. (Until he, too, divorced mom, anyway.)

What's kinda funny about this is that Beorn isn't actually a D&D sculpt, he's Mage Knight. That's a good thing IMO, since it seems the Mage Knight minis are generally of a bit better quality and scale than the D&D ones. But I don't really care where a miniature comes from, as long as the sculpt is good and the aesthetics are appropriate for Scape. Many are excellent, some are okay, and a few are pretty awful, but overall they've been decent.

While the names and backstories of these characters in those other games can sometimes be painfully dorky, I don't see that as as detriment to the Heroscape universe as long as the re-implementation on "our" side is done well. It's a lot like an actor playing different roles. He may have sucked in that other movie, or played a really stupid character, but that doesn't mean he can't shine in this one.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 5th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
All in all, this guy looks awesome! I've always loved the death walkers despite the fact that they are pretty underpowered, and anything that gives them a boost is great to see. The only thing that kind of annoys me is the fact that he's from Eberron instead of Feylund. I'm of the persuasion that D&D was the worst thing to happen to classic scape. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think its unfortunate to see C3V perpetuate this with new units brought over from the D&D universe. At the end of the day, though, I'm just glad to see new units being created and released!
The "worst thing to happen to classic scape"? You can't think of a single thing that happened to Scape, that was worse? Because I do have a thing in mind. . . .

Regardless, I have said all along that I completely embrace the D&D waves. Some of my very favorite overall units and clever mechanics are from those waves.

As far as the lore goes, or the new worlds, it's part of the canon now. I have no interest in rolling back the canon, or pretending it isn't something that it is.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 5th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
The page at www.heroscapers.com says:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dad_Scaper again.
Foiled again.
Old June 10th, 2015, 03:16 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

@Just_a_Bill You need to correct the name of the mini to Erlin Boltripper. The extra 't' made it impossible to find him.

EDIT: Never Mind, it's still impossible to find him. :/
Old June 10th, 2015, 07:56 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
@Just_a_Bill You need to correct the name of the mini to Erlin Boltripper.
Sorry about that; that was a straight copy-paste from the front page announcement. It's fixed now.

(And thanks for the reminder that I wanted to leave a note in the Deathwings' Book about how some retailers spell Geonosian wrong.)

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 11th, 2015, 01:54 AM

Quote:
@Just_a_Bill You need to correct the name of the mini to Erlin Boltripper. The extra 't' made it impossible to find him.

Look for the Mage Knight Citadel pack. I don't think he's typically sold individually.

--
--
--

--
Old June 11th, 2015, 10:42 AM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:

Look for the Mage Knight Citadel pack. I don't think he's typically sold individually.
Ahh... Will do, Thanks!
Old June 11th, 2015, 12:47 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ahh... Will do, Thanks!

If you can't find Erlin...he was a repaint of the Golem Mechanic from Mage Knight Sinister set. It is the same sculpt just a different paint job.

-ZB

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs