Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 7th, 2014, 10:58 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Conan - Initial PT Phase

I like the pile of skulls.
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I like the pile of skulls.
My favorite too.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old May 8th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Tornado asked me to give a thought or two on this design, and I really like it. My only criticism is on the climbing power. I like the theme, and it certainly has its place, but Conan at his best just can't keep up with Catwoman (metahuman). The power, if you ever play with it, most of the time feels like flying, because how close most terrain is to the "earth". My suggestion would be:
EXPERT CLIMBING
You may ignore Conan's height of 5 when climbing up or down levels of terrain.

Y'all probably already have this power somewhere, or one like it. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if I had created this power on a unit a while back and just forgot about it. But IMO, this would put him a level behind Catwoman in climbing, which is a good thing. In comics and movies, we see Conan climbing rocks, castles, masts, mountains, etc. But we never seem nimbly traversing terrain in a similar fashion to Catwoman. Plus, while I have seen him illustrated and being depicted as light and nimble, the figure being used is the more commonly subscribed image of a hulking brute like the Governator.
Old May 8th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Thumbs up Re: The Book of Conan - Initial PT Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Tornado asked me to give a thought or two on this design, and I really like it. My only criticism is on the climbing power. I like the theme, and it certainly has its place, but Conan at his best just can't keep up with Catwoman (metahuman). The power, if you ever play with it, most of the time feels like flying, because how close most terrain is to the "earth". My suggestion would be:
EXPERT CLIMBING
You may ignore Conan's height of 5 when climbing up or down levels of terrain.

Y'all probably already have this power somewhere, or one like it. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if I had created this power on a unit a while back and just forgot about it. But IMO, this would put him a level behind Catwoman in climbing, which is a good thing. In comics and movies, we see Conan climbing rocks, castles, masts, mountains, etc. But we never seem nimbly traversing terrain in a similar fashion to Catwoman. Plus, while I have seen him illustrated and being depicted as light and nimble, the figure being used is the more commonly subscribed image of a hulking brute like the Governator.
That power would come up so rarely that I'm starting to wonder if it would be worth putting on at all - if you're desperate to make him a worse climber than Catwoman, I'd say better ways of doing that are either just dropping his move a point or giving him something like this:

SKILLED CLIMBING
When counting spaces for Conan's movement, elevation changes of up to 1 level count as one space. You may ignore Conan's height of 5 when climbing.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 8th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the input Griffin. I am glad you like this design more than my original design for him. Your brutal honesty was humbling.

Limiting his climb as you suggested would dramatically change how he plays. You are right that it seems like he can fly at times. His movement is incredibly good and one of the best parts of the design.

I would rather drop his Move by 1 or go with LOs suggestion or perhaps a variation that only applies when he climbs a sheer wall, taller than his height.

I think he will play sluggish if we alter Expert Climbing and I would need to redo all my testing thus far.

Thanks again Griff. It is always nice to hear from you.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 8th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
That power would come up so rarely that I'm starting to wonder if it would be worth putting on at all.
As for my suggestion not "coming up" often enough, so what? Do we really need to see Conan climbing all the time anyway? Is that something that he is just always constantly doing? I mean Superman always flies, and has that power. But he also has X-ray vision that he rarely uses, but when he needs it, it is there. And the same can be said for many figures including someone iconic like Professor X who has a rarely used (typically end game) special attack. Just saying. I don't think Conan has to be climbing all the dang on time to justify the power to be there, and I don't think the power as is, accurately "plays" the character the way he is typically depicted.

Oh, and I'm never desperate, but often times I am disparaging. Look me up.
Quote:
SKILLED CLIMBING
When counting spaces for Conan's movement, elevation changes of up to 1 level count as one space. You may ignore Conan's height of 5 when climbing.
To me, that is an acceptable change where a change is warranted, but I do prefer some sort of power that is basically like Sgt Drake's grapple of sorts, because when we do see Conan climbing, it is usually straight up a wall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think he will play sluggish if we alter Expert Climbing and I would need to redo all my testing thus far.
And we wouldn't want that, now would we? If playing with figures and creating appropriate powers and tweaks isn't fun due to it feeling like work, quit. I did. LOL
Conan should, honestly feel a bit sluggish compared to Superman, Green Lantern, Batman, etc. He isn't super. He should however feel extraordinary when playing against non-supers. I know I know, Batman isn't technically super, but he is the motherfing BATMAN!
Old May 8th, 2014, 03:13 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

More brutal honesty. I guess I set myself up for that.

Quote:
To me, that is an acceptable change where a change is warranted, but I do prefer some sort of power that is basically like Sgt Drake's grapple of sorts, because when we do see Conan climbing, it is usually straight up a wall.
These were my thoughts also though I was hesitant to change because I liked the way he played(my only issue was with the three attacks). I would rather see his offense drop over his movement. Your words have swayed me a bit Griffin.
"Stay with me, sway with me."

I am interested in YK's thoughts. A change will certainly drop his point value which may be a good thing. Thanks Griff.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 8th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
That power would come up so rarely that I'm starting to wonder if it would be worth putting on at all.
As for my suggestion not "coming up" often enough, so what? Do we really need to see Conan climbing all the time anyway? Is that something that he is just always constantly doing? I mean Superman always flies, and has that power. But he also has X-ray vision that he rarely uses, but when he needs it, it is there. And the same can be said for many figures including someone iconic like Professor X who has a rarely used (typically end game) special attack. Just saying. I don't think Conan has to be climbing all the dang on time to justify the power to be there, and I don't think the power as is, accurately "plays" the character the way he is typically depicted.
He has a move of six - when is it really useful for his height to not count with that move? Only very, very rarely - he wouldn't ever be able to climb high up either.

Quote:
Oh, and I'm never desperate, but often times I am disparaging. Look me up.
Of this I am aware - I've seen you around.
Quote:
Quote:
SKILLED CLIMBING
Can't comment, don't know the character.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
And we wouldn't want that, now would we? If playing with figures and creating appropriate powers and tweaks isn't fun due to it feeling like work, quit. I did. LOL
I don't think he was complaining, but I see you were joking, so neither am I.
Quote:
Conan should, honestly feel a bit sluggish compared to Superman, Green Lantern, Batman, etc. He isn't super. He should however feel extraordinary when playing against non-supers. I know I know, Batman isn't technically super, but he is the motherfing BATMAN!
Fair enough - however, done like that, he'll probably need to be boosted in other areas, or else come in at significantly less than his 200 Point target. Also about the word I whited out - I have no problem with it... but, you know, family site. (I can't believe I, of all people, am saying this. )

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; May 8th, 2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old May 8th, 2014, 03:22 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm not opposed to changing how the climb power works but I definitely still want him to be able to climb up a castle wall. As it is now he can scale the wall (without battlements) when starting next to it.
Old May 8th, 2014, 03:30 PM
C3G Landlord

T, I see you deleted the hero tests and added some squad tests where he did not do so well. I'd next be most interested in seeing some hero tests where the opponent also has multiple attacks. Punisher & Azreal were mentioned.
Old May 8th, 2014, 03:55 PM

I did not delete anything(you had me freaking out for a moment). I added more Hero tests(including Azrael and Doc Oc), along with the squad tests. He got smoked in the first two squad tests and could have easily been beaten by the Hawkmen except he only took one wound on the first attack(the second Hawkmen hit him with 4 skulls and Conan blanked out, if that would have been the first attack, Conan losses).
That is Conan's biggest weakness, a crushing first attack.

So back to climbing. Should we just give him a grapple-like ability and limit it to 11-20 levels?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 8th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Hard as ice

I'm almost wondering if an argument could be made for 6 Life - Joker and Ra's have it.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library