Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old June 17th, 2019, 11:59 PM

wargamingaddict87 knows what's in an order marker wargamingaddict87 knows what's in an order marker
Re: GENCON 2019 Official Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
But! You raise a good point. Let's see about recruiting someone to run such a tournament during Open Play. I'll get on it.

@wargamingaddict87 , what do you say? Do you want to try your hand running an event during Open Play?
Im in for a C3V/SOV open tourney.
What is needed from me to make this happen? (There's 3 people signed up excluding me?)
Old June 18th, 2019, 10:45 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
We have sold 3 tickets to the open play slot Thursday night.
I just want to point out that this is not an entirely accurate representation of the percent of us who have purchased tickets.

For example, I am unable to purchase a ticket because of the time overlap from the 4 pm event that day, and so I have purchased generic tickets that I will be using to enter Thursday night open play (and I know I'm not alone in this group).

Just mentioning that this number will not be an accurate indicator of anything until after the Thursday night open play happens this year and all the generic entry tickets are collected.
Old June 18th, 2019, 01:39 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
We have sold 3 tickets to the open play slot Thursday night.
I just want to point out that this is not an entirely accurate representation of the percent of us who have purchased tickets.

For example, I am unable to purchase a ticket because of the time overlap from the 4 pm event that day, and so I have purchased generic tickets that I will be using to enter Thursday night open play (and I know I'm not alone in this group).
Agreed...and this issue is on me for the timing cross over.
Old June 18th, 2019, 03:32 PM

Big Oldprankster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
That was how I read "uncommon uniques" but wanted to check to be sure.
Please give an example of an uncommon unique? I did not think uncommon heroes would be allowed in this format?
Old June 18th, 2019, 03:48 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Oldprankster View Post
Quote:
Please give an example of an uncommon unique? I did not think uncommon heroes would be allowed in this format?
You can't use the same uncommon hero more than once.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 18th, 2019, 07:04 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

Should we have a separate thread to ask people who is playing for Wise Men's whatever and Open Play since many of us can't sign up?

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old June 18th, 2019, 09:52 PM

Big Oldprankster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Then if you can use 1 uncommon, then can you use 1 card of a common squad? I don't see the difference. Neither are unique.
Old June 18th, 2019, 09:56 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Then if you can use 1 uncommon, then can you use 1 card of a common squad? I don't see the difference. Neither are unique.
The official rules for uncommons state that uncommon heroes are considered unique heroes. See the book of the Feral Troll or the BftU rulebook for clarification.
Old June 21st, 2019, 12:32 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Bring the same 400 point army from day 1 of the Main Event. 4-round single elimination tournament, with rounds 1 & 3 played Reverse the Whip (using your opponent's army). Prizes awarded.
This is from the event description on the Gencon website. Is it supposed to be 410 or is the first round supposed to be 400?

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old June 21st, 2019, 01:43 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Quote:
Bring the same 400 point army from day 1 of the Main Event. 4-round single elimination tournament, with rounds 1 & 3 played Reverse the Whip (using your opponent's army). Prizes awarded.
This is from the event description on the Gencon website. Is it supposed to be 410 or is the first round supposed to be 400?
410. This is just a typo.
Old June 27th, 2019, 08:38 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How do you get generic tickets? I am new to this. Old Prankster convinced me that the Old Man would be fun, but I do not have a ticket for it. I already received my pass and tickets. I will play in either the open or the Old Man on Thursday.
Old June 28th, 2019, 09:38 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

There are booths for buying generic tickets, near the main entrance of the convention center. There will be an early rush of people picking up badges, but after that it's no big deal to walk up and buy some generics. Maybe a wait of a few minutes, if you go when they're busy.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con