Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old May 12th, 2017, 06:54 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Post UNFINISHED: From the Ashes - A Tale of Icaria

NOTE: This is a fan fiction that never got off the ground. There are only two chapters, and no ending.

Writing The Last Battle of the Valkyrie left me (and I assume my readers) with a lot of unanswered questions. What happened to the characters? What were their lives like before they were summoned? There was a lot of material in both the Quest and LBV that never really got explored, though it was hinted at.

Nargshir, Vervalsing, Gormal, Dan, and presumably Francois all were sent back to their homeworlds. If I recall, Gormal managed to have a proper ending, as well as Nargshir (though I was careful to leave it wide open). Even Cyprien had an ending of sorts when he dueled Einar. But Vervalsing and Dan were never mentioned again.

Dan's tale will be told in Code 4114. That fan fiction has been planned in some form or another for a long time. But Vervalsing's tale was never told. All I had was vague ideas, an image stuck in my mind of my version of Icaria, and the struggles within it. But there was no story.

The idea persisted, yielding spontaneous creations like the following:
Spoiler Alert!

Nothing came of it, until mid-2015 (or so my computer tells me - the date seems debatable). At that point, I began real work on a tale set in Icaria. The development was simplistic and shallow, and while it definitely had potential, it was doomed to fail. It did yield a little over two chapters though, and since I will likely never return to Icaria, I figured it couldn't hurt to show my readers a glimpse of the Icaria I know.

I give you (not related at all to the above snippet): From the Ashes

Chapter One
Spoiler Alert!

Chapter Two
Spoiler Alert!

Chapter Three (unfinished)
Spoiler Alert!

And there it is. Despite it's inability to take off, I still find the idea very interesting. There's a story there, wrapped around the vaults, the gifted, and the protagonist who I now realize I never even named. And Vervalsing. Unfortunately, that is one story which will probably not be told.

Not yet, anyway.

~TGRF.
Old May 13th, 2017, 03:52 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: UNFINISHED: From the Ashes - A Tale of Icaria

Vervalsing seems a lot less sympathetic in this one did he did in your other stories with him. Was that because he really wasn't a good king? Or was it because your main character, through only having half the story, had the wrong idea about him?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old May 13th, 2017, 12:06 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Vervalsing seems a lot less sympathetic in this one did he did in your other stories with him. Was that because he really wasn't a good king? Or was it because your main character, through only having half the story, had the wrong idea about him?
Vervalsing was caught up in the structure of Icaria. He doesn't see his Icarians as people, equal with dragons. It's not because he's evil, it's because it's natural. He was raised to see them way, and he knows of no other way to see them.

He sees them like we see a pet cat. We love our pets, but there's no doubt who is in charge. We decide what is best is for them and what they will or will not do. It's not because we are evil, it's because that's how things work. That's how Vervalsing sees his Icarians, along with every other dragon on the planet. If I recall, that is ultimately what the fan fiction was going to be about.

In terms of dragons, Vervalsing was an excellent king. Many dragons hunt Icarians for sport.

~TGRF.
Old May 13th, 2017, 06:45 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Aha that does make sense. Very cool, thanks for sharing this

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction