Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old September 13th, 2010, 05:49 PM

jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker
Re: HeroScape Helper - Android app!

i used your app, you don't need to do anything with the computer, simply use your phone, anyone that has the droid has the internet....

Anyways, the process took awhile but it works fine. I was testing some things out, and have a few questions.

Since HS dice are not equal i was wondering how you balanced it out.
WHAT ARE THE ODDS with getting skull, shield, or blank?
What is the odds on the d20

For example, i used a basic three Defense vs three Attack, the attacker did damage 80% of the time out of ten times tried.

Also for your d20 i rolled it ten times, and 9 out of 10 was under 16.
My question with the 20 roll, is there like a 1 in ten chance to get a 16 or higher like a 3 in 10 chance of getting a 4 or lower and so forth

is this app really going to be able to take the place of the dice and have everyone saying the app is not rigged one way or the other, or limit my chance of miraculously getting 20 on my d20 multiple times in a game?

there are a few HS apps in progress, one other person in the software section of the threads, is working on an app and is taking feed back
Old September 13th, 2010, 10:34 PM

agentlotek is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahosaphat View Post
i used your app, you don't need to do anything with the computer, simply use your phone, anyone that has the droid has the internet....

Anyways, the process took awhile but it works fine. I was testing some things out, and have a few questions.

For example, i used a basic three Defense vs three Attack, the attacker did damage 80% of the time out of ten times tried.

My question with the 20 roll, is there like a 1 in ten chance to get a 16 or higher like a 3 in 10 chance of getting a 4 or lower and so forth

is this app really going to be able to take the place of the dice and have everyone saying the app is not rigged one way or the other, or limit my chance of miraculously getting 20 on my d20 multiple times in a game?

there are a few HS apps in progress, one other person in the software section of the threads, is working on an app and is taking feed back
The app functions the same as rolling your real dice...so you have the same chance of rolling a skull, sheild, or blank as if you rolled 1 heroscape dice....(the new combined version)

In other words for each dice you roll...your chances are as follows:
skull = 3 out of 6 chance
shield = 2 out of 6 chance
blank = 1 out of 6 chance

It is exactly like rolling the real dice...

As for the 20 Sided dice roller... when ever you click the roll button it randomly chooses an integer from 1-20 and outputs the chosen number

So it is exactly like rolling a real 20 sided dice....

Last edited by agentlotek; September 13th, 2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old September 14th, 2010, 12:11 AM

jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker

well, in that case, ya it's cool
Old September 14th, 2010, 09:21 AM

Talking Re: HeroScape Helper - Android app!

Quote:
Thanks...hope you enjoy it..I know I do...using my app instead of dice will speed the game along...Imagine all the wasted time chasing dice across the room when they fall off the table and having to re-roll them...or even the time it takes to pass the dice around the table for people to roll...
Old September 18th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlotek View Post
Quote:
Thanks...hope you enjoy it..I know I do...using my app instead of dice will speed the game along...Imagine all the wasted time chasing dice across the room when they fall off the table and having to re-roll them...or even the time it takes to pass the dice around the table for people to roll...
OooooooooDon't touch my dice.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old September 18th, 2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlotek View Post
Quote:
OooooooooDon't touch my dice.
Well actually I love throwing the dice down, its like your really attacking your opponents. Your program continues to forclose when I'm using it, any ideas
Old September 18th, 2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Well actually I love throwing the dice down, its like your really attacking your opponents. Your program continues to forclose when I'm using it, any ideas
I have no Idea...I've used it on My Droid Eris and a friends Droid X with no FC at all...
Old September 19th, 2010, 08:55 AM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You're app looks pretty cool. Especially that snazzy wallpaper. Makes me wish I had a Droid.
Old September 19th, 2010, 07:56 PM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

I know this issue is resolved, but the more samples you do, the closer you're going to get the odds programmed into the software.

I'm not suprised your results were biased - you didn't run enough tests to get an idea of the real odds.

But as I say, I realise it's resolved, just pointing that out for future reference.

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old September 19th, 2010, 10:31 PM

Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker

I just installed the app and I can definitely see it getting a lot of use in my games.

It's nice to see some 'Scape apps coming to Android. Hopefully even more will come to it in the future!
Old January 6th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice app!!!

Any chance of you adding the Valkyrie symbol to be used if you have a flag bearer?

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old January 6th, 2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
Nice app!!!

Any chance of you adding the Valkyrie symbol to be used if you have a flag bearer?
I do not have such figures that include the Flag Bearer mechanic, and thus have no knowledge of it's influence on regular game mechanics while playing. Can you please give me some insight on what exactly this is and how it correlates to dice rolling / gameplay?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software