Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 7th, 2010, 08:43 PM

pauldragon Woo who?
Re: Warzones of Valhalla Discussion Thread JUDGES WANTED!

I'm very interested in this thread. One question, how many BftU sets can be used? I'm reading it as 6 (2 for each ms =4, & 2 for expansions), but not sure. I've been working on a 4 BftU multiplayer map that is coming together. Just wondering.
Old July 7th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Tr3s by Ch1can0

This map looks like a lot of fun. It has roads for melee, but the roads aren't direct,so melee can't swarm to fast. It has varied heights and waterfalls. It also has some nice LOS blockers. I vote YES to review.

-YMF

edit2: can we just vote on any map? it will get annoying having to wait if, say, 2 people are on vacation.

Last edited by yamissflash; July 8th, 2010 at 09:15 AM. Reason: edit2 and deleted edit one, as it doesn't matter anymore
Old July 7th, 2010, 09:04 PM

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

I think this needs to be adressed. 51% is just too low. I think we should make it 70% so keep up the quality. In other words, we need 3 people to vote no to have a map be denied, I think we should change it to only needing two people to vote no to deny a map. This way we can keep just barely above average maps from spamming into the display thread.

-YMF
Old July 7th, 2010, 09:12 PM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker

If you wanted more community input you could let everyone vote on the maps. That way you might see more accurate percentages, and you wouldn't have to wait on the 6 judges to vote. You could just wait until a map has 70% yes with 20 people or so voted.

You're going to need a bigger table.
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:37 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I'm very interested in this thread. One question, how many BftU sets can be used? I'm reading it as 6 (2 for each ms =4, & 2 for expansions), but not sure. I've been working on a 4 BftU multiplayer map that is coming together. Just wondering.
Actually he needs to edit the rules a bit. It's you may replace 2 bftu for 1 ROTV. After that you MUST start doing the expansion thing. So you can use up to 4 BFTU.

2 of them replacing a ROTV
1 of them replacing 2 expansions
1 of them replacing 2 expansions.
(after this you may add 1 other master set SOTM or ROTV)

Also we never addressed MARVEL. Marvel will follow the same rules as the BFTU.

Quote:
I think this needs to be adressed. 51% is just too low. I think we should make it 70% so keep up the quality. In other words, we need 3 people to vote no to have a map be denied, I think we should change it to only needing two people to vote no to deny a map. This way we can keep just barely above average maps from spamming into the display thread.

-YMF
I was originally thinking it would be 3 people if we have 6 total judges but since we only have 5 at the moment I agree with you. If we are only going to have 5 judges it needs to be only 2 no votes to deny a map.

Quote:
If you wanted more community input you could let everyone vote on the maps. That way you might see more accurate percentages, and you wouldn't have to wait on the 6 judges to vote. You could just wait until a map has 70% yes with 20 people or so voted.
You have a good idea but then the thread would be flooded with posts and votes by people who think they are saying something important. Not meaning to say that everyone has a bad opinion, I know that many people would like to speak their mind and they absolutely can here on the thread but it just won't be an official vote.

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old July 8th, 2010, 12:01 AM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

I would like to point out: Maps that have "extra expansion tiles" in the build requirements are considered to be exceeding the limit of usable material. As fun as Tr3s looks to play on it is considered to be an illegally nominated map because you cannot build it with 2 ROTV and 2 ROAD sets.

As for the map itself: I vote No to review. The biggest issue I have with it is the long water way to the right of each start zone. There is no way to effectively attack the right side unless you start the game moving that way. Mid game there is likely to be ranged unit on top of the perch shooting figures trying to get around the ruin or around using the road. Aside from that I think it is a pretty cool build and would like to see it edited to be more of an all way battle as opposed to I'm forced to move left battle.

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old July 8th, 2010, 07:23 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Woah, I missed a lot! I saw all of the votes. We will not review Tr3s or Contamination. OUr sixth judge spot is secured however. Also, I've made according changes to the rules. You may now vote on any maps you'd like.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 8th, 2010, 08:15 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I am dissincluded from Canyon Flares as it is my map.

Overrun
Overrun looks like battle would rage throughout it. With the pieces of height in the middle, it does not neccesarily give ranged and advantage. The easy to reach battlemented areas do not create a problem. I vote YES to review Overrun.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 8th, 2010, 09:04 AM

Overrun by Warlord Alpha.

This looks like a decent map. I like it, but the start zones are too close together. You only need a range of seven to attck your closest opponent, so Zelrig could do a full Z-bomb while only moving 2 spaces out of his start zone. This would allow the greenscales to block zelrig to all melee except flying with a move of 7+, and even then you'd only be able to get two units adjacent to zelrig. I vote NO to review to 'every man for himself' but I vote YES toreviewto teams if the teams are blue and light green(I hope thats the color) V.S yellow and orange.

-YMF

edit: @Scapemage921 is it possible to post a bigger picture of canyon flares? I want to be sure I don't miss anything

Last edited by yamissflash; July 8th, 2010 at 09:12 AM. Reason: added 'to review' after each of my votes
Old July 8th, 2010, 09:08 AM

dfonse is surprisingly tart

Id like to be a judge I just can not PM
Old July 8th, 2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfonse View Post
Id like to be a judge I just can not PM
I think you missed it... Dulahorn filled it in about 2 hours ago.

edit: I would like to propose dfonse as a subsitute judge, for example, if one of us has a map in the process. That way we (the judges) don't have an advantage over the average heroscaper as to getting our maps submitted.

Last edited by yamissflash; July 8th, 2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: I'm going to double post since this post is getting to long with all my edits
Old July 8th, 2010, 09:17 AM

dfonse is surprisingly tart

I would also like to nnominate ReqMan The Maze - 3 Player

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios