Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old August 24th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
X17, the ulitmate Q9 reacharound

Using X17 to Clamp down Q9 from behind , is a very effective way to keep someone from using Q9. He won't be able to shoot X17 because he can't see him, and if you happen to clamp him while he's facing a wall or ruins/glacier, he's even more useless. If your opponent has all his markers on him as well, he'll be rendered useless. Just thought i'd share with the class. Has anyone else done this before? Talk about a reacharound.
Old August 24th, 2006, 10:36 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
You don't need line of sight for melee so, it doesn't work.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old August 24th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

damn the man, that's right. Figured it would work for doublespaced figure not to turn around. Ah well, it would have been hilarious if you could do it thou. Good call chet.
Old August 24th, 2006, 10:40 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
also, line of sight is considered a 360 degree spot where his head is, correct?
Old August 24th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

only for melee. Not for ranged with Q9. Q9 cannot see in back of him when it comes to ranged attacks.
Old August 24th, 2006, 10:59 PM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
Its still a good tactic though, even though Q9 can attack X17, he should be able to hang in there long enough for other units to tear up Q9 from the sides and behind.
Old August 24th, 2006, 11:43 PM

fejkl Woo who?
I posted that thought at HQ, I believe. The only issue is that Major X's Melee Defense +4 doesn't work vs. Special Attacks. This means a rather weaker 3 Defense unit. Still, those 5 HP would be a bit hard to knock out in one turn.
Old August 24th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwojedi
only for melee. Not for ranged with Q9. Q9 cannot see in back of him when it comes to ranged attacks.
i think he can see directly behind him - just not back and to the left or back and to the right because of the shoulder pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito
also, line of sight is considered a 360 degree spot where his head is, correct?
right. according to Hasbro's FAQ, since facing doesn't matter for LOS you should be able to get behind his head (even if he is facing you) and see if you have a shot. similar deal with wings (and other body parts) on Mimring, Braxas or Nilfheim (which was the reason for the whole "horn tips" deal on Mimring to get that rear fire line to work ).

i get very frustrated with this whole "LOS/ClearSight and Facing Doesn't Matter" business with doublespace figures. it was just Mimring, Me-Burq-Sa and Dund. Me-Burq-Sa is cool since he has a nice head perched on top of the sculpt with no body parts in the way. Dund could be a little tricky with something small that is directly behind him for the Gaze because of his sculpt. and now we have Q9, Braxas and Nilfhiem with lots of body parts in the way...

this is why i like to house-rule that fipping double-space figures 180 degrees (remaining on same two spaces and able to fit) is not a movement but rather an adjustment that can be done any time by the player that controls that figure during his/her turn. just like rotating (adjusting) a single-space figure which is allowed at any time on that player's turn, according to the rulebook.
Old August 24th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The flip costing 1 move makes sense to me based on how double-space figures move (the back part follows the front.) The easiest solution would be to house rule that figures don't block their own LOS.

Newb.
Old August 25th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
true. don't forget they can walk backwards if you choose to lead with the "back end". this doesn't really justify my house rule...just pointing it out.

maybe i should house rule it this way... if the flip is done while moving it costs one movement point. but if done while attacking (or done during a turn for another figure you control) it is free. yeah, i like that - it's "offical".
Old August 25th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
LOL! I love seeing the creative process in action.

Newb.
Old August 25th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

still pretty funny thinking about X17 reaching between Q9 legs, clamping on the peach. Declairing, " the Monkey has the peach!".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles