Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old January 23rd, 2008, 05:44 PM

Pulp Fiction has disabled reputation
Hobby Retailer Input for WotC

I thought it would be appropriate to have a thread on here for hobby retailers such as myself to have an opportunity to fire away with questions, requests, and if nothing else; an opportunity for us to give a thumbs up on some of the other discussions that could have a (potentially) huge impact on those of us that stock Heroscape.

To get the ball rolling, here are a few things that I have seen discussed on here both yesterday and in the past that I think are worth drawing attention to the Powers That Be at WotC. Understand, these are just my thoughts and opinions.

1.) I for one am completely open and enthused by the idea of a "terrain package" as an exclusive to hobby shops. The major gripe against this is of course those who are fans of the game not having a shop nearby but with the amount of stores that do online sales I don't forsee this as any issue.

2.) This has been discussed before about other games (MtG as an example) but I think it deserves mention here... Strictly enforced release dates. It's something I as a retailer want to pull my hair out sometimes as I find out big box stores getting shipments early and putting product on the shelves before we hobby retailers even have the chance to sell. A strict date or even an early realease date for Hobby retailers would be awesome.

3.) This one is more of a question then a blanket statement... Do you guys plan on changing the cost on our end for boosters and or starters? I have supported this game to a small degree in our store due to space constraints mixed with our cost being so "difficult".

...these are just a few my thoughts. Anyone else who owns/ runs a shop out there have any opinions??

-Drew

Pulp Fiction Comics & Games
Lee's Summit, MO 64063
Old January 23rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Adding it to the index.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 23rd, 2008, 06:32 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I happen to have 1 hobby shop in my area left but there is no guarantee it will stay open as the other 3 locations this store had are all closed.

I respectfully have to disagree with you on this being a non-issue.

Hobby shop prices are higher than big box stores and if I then have to pay shipping and handling on top of it which means I am now paying more for less than I would be paying if it was sold in Target, WalMart, TRU etc.

So now I will impose a question to you...will you be adhering to MSRP or will you jack it up knowing that you are the only place for some people to get it?
Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:11 PM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
I happen to have 1 hobby shop in my area left but there is no guarantee it will stay open as the other 3 locations this store had are all closed.

Hobby shop prices are higher than big box stores and if I then have to pay shipping and handling on top of it which means I am now paying more for less than I would be paying if it was sold in Target, WalMart, TRU etc.

So now I will impose a question to you...will you be adhering to MSRP or will you jack it up knowing that you are the only place for some people to get it?

WotC already said the big box stores don't want large expansions. So if they were introduced, the only place you could get them would be hobby stores or online.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:52 PM

Pulp Fiction has disabled reputation
As a retail owner I can more than appreciate the fact that we have an uphill battle competing with not only each other, but also the big box stores and (more importantly) online retail sales. That being said, I will not - nor ever have been - be one of those stores that takes advantage of my customer base due to a lack of competition. So, as far as I am concerned, MSRP or cheaper even!

My statement of it being a non-issue goes more to the fact that if anyone is surfing this site to find out more info about all-things-Heroscape then they probably can access any reputable online retailer to make whatever purchases they want that might be exclusive to hobby shops... That's all.

From a personal perspective, I know we intend to look into online sales in the future and will probably be very competitve price and stockwise with everyone else.

Quote:

Pulp Fiction Comics & Games
Lee's Summit, MO 64063
Old January 23rd, 2008, 11:05 PM
has been BANNED

I hope you didn't take it as a direct "attack" on you Pulp ..it wasn't meant to be...and I will assure you that if you do sell online and maintain that reasonable price and shipping I will order from you.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 11:08 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG
Quote:

WotC already said the big box stores don't want large expansions. So if they were introduced, the only place you could get them would be hobby stores or online.

TOG...you do realize that the source of the information is the one who would be making the money on it right? I am not saying it isn't fact but we don't know. It's like when eBay sellers tell you something is RARE or HARD TO FIND when it really isn't.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 11:21 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!
I would buy figures at your store if you had Nerak, the Dark KNight, Woo and EOV in a $15 expansion. Even with no glyphs or terrain!
Old January 23rd, 2008, 11:27 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG
TOG...you do realize that the source of the information is the one who would be making the money on it right? I am not saying it isn't fact but we don't know. It's like when eBay sellers tell you something is RARE or HARD TO FIND when it really isn't.
You remember the info comes from WotC, right?

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 11:30 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG
You remember the info comes from WotC, right?

Was that directed at me? Cause I don't quite understand your point....
Old January 23rd, 2008, 11:32 PM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
It would also be consistent with what a lot of folks here are reporting in their Targets and WalMarts, Master Sets and Small Expansions only.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 11:36 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG
Quote:
It would also be consistent with what a lot of folks here are reporting in their Targets and WalMarts, Master Sets and Small Expansions only.

Walmart only has Marvel Master Set on their latest Plan-O-Gram...Target can't keep the large expansions in stock long enough...the only place I ever see them sitting on the shelf is TRU and that's mainly due to price point...and that's only large figure packs...Tundra and RTF are gone usually the day they are put out. ...And the fact that they come in nice square boxes make them easier to store and display.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News