Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 16th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
I've played with Q9 or played against Q9 in half a dozen games now. And yeah, he's not invincible, but he always does huge damage in our games, easily killing over own point value. Barring a streak of terrible rolls, I do think he's underpriced or overpowered slightly. I'd put him around 200pts.

I think Q9's natural enemy is Krug. Krug can rush Q9, get hit, get ticked, then move in for the kill.

HEH - you really think that much of Charos? Hmmm. I usually find that a couple rounds of ranged squads firing at him will take him down. I took him out the other night only losing 6 knights (approx 105 pts worth of figs). Tell me more of why you like him so much . . . .

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old August 16th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
HEH - you really think that much of Charos? Hmmm. I usually find that a couple rounds of ranged squads firing at him will take him down. I took him out the other night only losing 6 knights (approx 105 pts worth of figs). Tell me more of why you like him so much . . . .
I guess we're hijacking this thread now, but you can have your Charos Negated by Morsbane and the dragon king is still a nightmare, that's why!
But the biggest reason for his price tag change would be his longevity on the field. Charos is a nearly complete 'Bloodlusted' Tagawa with 9 lives who can fly. That's three times the Tagawa in life. Charos seems to last a long time in our games. Especially with Kelda.

Quote:
I usually find that a couple rounds of ranged squads firing at him will take him down.
I suppose. But then again, ranged units could pretty much do that to any unit.

In the end, I'm sure he's perfect at 210, but he sure seems like 250 point to take down.
Old August 16th, 2006, 10:06 PM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I don't think Charos is overpriced, ranged can take him down without a ton of difficulty. Additionally, McDirk Warriors and Minions absolutely own him.

Dw7k is a nice counter to Q9. Odds of him whiffing with 7 dice + stealth dodge are incredibly rare + he sould either take off 1/2 or more of q9's life.

-Krug owns almost any big hero since he beats every other unit in the Game 1 on 1 (except Sudema)
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation
I've had varying degrees of success per game with either rushing Q9 with Jotun or flying in with Nilfheim. Engaging Q9 with a heavy hitter and constantly attacking at close range with 6+ Attack dice per attack is the best way to waste away that 7 defense and 4 life.

My friend loves Q9; the last three games we've played he's drafted him all three times; the first two times he was a killer who played a major role in my defeat; the third time he got bad defense rolls; I attacked him twice with Nilfheim over two turns--the first turn I rolled only 3 skulls. He rolled 1 shield out of 9 (he had the defense +2 glyph). Second turn I rolled 3 skulls again and he again rolled 1 shield out of 9.

Q9 is balanced I think because his stats, while powerful on paper, are capable of drastically changing depending on your luck. His special attack can vary per game from "Destroy all enemies in sight" to "can't inflict a single wound on a guy with 4 defense." And his defense can range from "invincible" to "Marro warriors shot him down in one turn." He's powerful, but if you're rolls don't go right then you'll have felt bad for paying 180 of your points for him.
Old August 28th, 2006, 01:46 AM

DemoDougie has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah
Yep. Pretty well balanced I'd say.
Yup, I'd agree. One minute instant death and destruction, next minute spontanious combustion!

Dragon's Dungeon Games...Where everyday is gameday!
Old August 28th, 2006, 01:17 PM
VIG & Battleship Galaxies Weasel

P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
I do think he's underpriced or overpowered slightly. I'd put him around 200pts.

I think Q9's natural enemy is Krug. Krug can rush Q9, get hit, get ticked, then move in for the kill.
Pilgrim, I agree and respectfully disagree with you.

I think Q9 is a little underpriced and 200 would be more accurate.

Regarding Krug being the counter to Q9, I always looked at it the other way around. I have seen Q9 consistently stay out of range of Krug all the while blasting him with his regular attack
Old August 28th, 2006, 06:16 PM

jman has disabled reputation
once when i was playing a death stalker rolled 3 attack dice and used maul and Q9 lost 3 lives.
Old August 28th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman
once when i was playing a death stalker rolled 3 attack dice and used maul and Q9 lost 3 lives.
Can deathstalkers maul a large figure?

Good point JP. I suppose the Q9 v Krug matchup comes down to how many order markers you can commit to either. Krug needs a 2-to-1 on the order markers to have a shot at rushing Q9 (presuming he's worked his way up to him prior to the rush).

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old August 28th, 2006, 09:07 PM

Naiko has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman
Can deathstalkers maul a large figure?
Nope.

Maul
When rolling attack dice against a small or medium figure, if a Deathstalker rolls a skull on every die, the defending figure receives a wound for every skull, and cannot roll any defense dice
Old September 18th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Any other thoughts on Q9 counters? Krug seems a likely choice, but what else is out there?

Old September 18th, 2006, 10:24 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
I like Crixus against Q9, if you can get him there

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 19th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
How many Q9's do you think we'll see at next month's Tourney?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units