Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 13th, 2008, 07:57 AM

Habeo_Bukkit Woo who?
Announcing the Marlboro College Fall Brawl, VT

Come one, come all to the Marlboro College Fall Brawl! Show Vermont and the world that you've got what it takes to 'scape! Think you've got what it takes to win it all and take home the (theoretically) coveted Golden Spartacus award?

When: Sunday, November 16th. Tournament begins at 11:00.
Where: The Marlboro College Humanities building, a few miles off of Vermont Route 9
Scoring: Number of wins determines standing and placement, while ties are broken via points scored.
Prizes: Please bring something for the prize table. In addition, the top three participants will receive the Golden Spartacus, the Silver Crixus and the Bronze Retiarius for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place respectively (including a small shnazzy box to store cards in if I can get it in time).
Armies: 500 points, no Marvel.
Maps: As yet to be determined, but certainly taking suggestions.

We will have tournament staff on site to handle scoring and rules adjudication so that we can keep this tournament running like clockwork and speed the process along.

So, think you've got what it takes to brawl in the fall? Then come to the Marlboro College Fall Brawl and proclaim "I am Spartacus!"

The Exact Address is:
Marlboro College
2852 South Road
Marlboro
VT 05344

And a map of the college can be found http://www.marlboro.edu/about/map/
The tournament will be on the third floor of the Dalrymple Humanities building.

(This is also my first tournament that I'll be organizing, so if anyone has any suggestions or advice to offer I'd be glad to listen!)

"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan,
designed and directed by his red right hand."

- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Red Right Hand

Last edited by Habeo_Bukkit; November 6th, 2008 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Corrections and clarifications
Old October 13th, 2008, 08:25 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Announcing the Marlboro College Fall Brawl, VT

Count me in for this one.

Unfortunately my boys will not be able to attend with me due to prior commitments.
Old October 13th, 2008, 10:27 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Put me down as maybe for now. Since this tourney comes almost a full month after NHSD, the odds are in my favor (I hope).

-insert signature here-
Old October 13th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I'll be there---thanks for the switch to the Sunday, Habeo_Bukkit.

Onacara, are you happy to take my terrain at the end of NHSD and bring it to this for set-up? If so, I'll head to that thread and volunteer to provide a bunch more maps.

Habeo, I'm assuming you're using a Swiss system (that is, the same format as pretty much all the other tournaments). How many rounds are you planning? Also, will there be glyphs? I'm sure there's a bunch of other small stuff too that can be sorted out as it arises.
Old October 13th, 2008, 11:57 AM
has been BANNED

Yep..I have no problem being there early for set up and can bring your stuff with me.
Old October 13th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Yep..I have no problem being there early for set up and can bring your stuff with me.
Great, thank you.
Old October 13th, 2008, 03:30 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

You can count my son and I in oon this one. Barring any freak snowstorm that keeps us away.
Old October 13th, 2008, 04:36 PM

Habeo_Bukkit Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Habeo, I'm assuming you're using a Swiss system (that is, the same format as pretty much all the other tournaments). How many rounds are you planning? Also, will there be glyphs? I'm sure there's a bunch of other small stuff too that can be sorted out as it arises.
Thank you for the heads up on things to remember - I was planning on doing a format similar to all the tournaments you and I have gone to together, pairing up people with roughly similar win-loss records and slowly working up to a singular victor. If that is a swiss style tournament (which I'd always thought was everyone fights everyone else to determine placement and then goes from there) then yes, definitely swiss.

The rounds will depend upon the number of participants, but I'd anticipate four to five at forty-five minutes a piece. If there is slow down towards the end, the final rounds will be shortened to ensure that we finish up at a reasonable time.

No glyphs, as I feel they can swing a battle a bit too much. Of course, anything that adds dumb luck as a factor has helped me beat you in the past!

Old October 16th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Is a Quadradical

Yep, that's Swiss. Tacking on a head-to-head final (or, worse, a knockout section) is only done by those who think a single game better determines who is most deserving than a long series of games. There's a name for such people: American.

Is it first game at noon? (In which case you should announce that everyone should arrive by around 11.30am to make sure we get off to a clean start).
Old October 16th, 2008, 08:41 PM

Habeo_Bukkit Woo who?

An excellent point, and I've edited the initial post to reflect that we'll be starting at noon. I figure with a 12 o' clock start, we can get the matches going quickly and hopefully get everyone out at a reasonable hour.

Old October 16th, 2008, 08:46 PM
has been BANNED

The switch to Sunday means Dylan can probably come too..although it does make it a bit more difficult with the 3 hour ride back home on a night before school.

Any chance we can move it up an hour to start first game at 11?
Old October 16th, 2008, 08:59 PM

Habeo_Bukkit Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
The switch to Sunday means Dylan can probably come too..although it does make it a bit more difficult with the 3 hour ride back home on a night before school.

Any chance we can move it up an hour to start first game at 11?
I could certainly be up for it. I'd like to hear from Ollie, but if people were willing to arrive by 10:30 I'd be happy to start at 11:00.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events