Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old August 11th, 2006, 11:25 AM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!
Dwarven Forge

Continuing through GamingReport.com's pictures from GenCon, and noticed the scenery from Dwarven Forge:

The company sells pre-painted miniature supplies. The wooden bridge looks like it would be a tasty addition to a HeroScape map; unfortunately, it's currently only available as part of a $140 "cavernous river and wall set", and you only get one bridge in the set; not cost-effective. Some of their other products -- primarily the accessories and some of the things in the 'individual pieces' sections -- would make interesting additions, although I can't find anything like the blue crystal clusters in the photo above on their website.
Old August 11th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
There is a company that makes those crystal clusters as stand alone pieces and I believe they look better than that. I think Reaper posted a link to them a while back.

Those Dwarven Forge sets are very nice. The way they did the water in that terrain is impressive.
Old August 12th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
hey, i'm not much of a "gamer" outside of HS. as my sons and i were strolling through the exhibit hall, the two setups that really caught my eye was the stuff from Dwarven Forge and Crocodile Games. beautiful terrain and figures.

http://www.crocodilegames.com/
the site doesn't show a lot of terrain (buildings mostly) but they had two displays, one desert one snow and ice. they looked fantastic.

the Dwarven Forge terrain was also amazing and best of all...modular !!
Old August 12th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I really wanted to like that, but the squares hurt my eyes. Squares just aren't natural. If they were hexes, those would be works of art.

Kidding aside, that is some nice stuff.
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:13 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
That dwarven forge stuff is so pricy, but so worth it. I have a couple sets.

What you don't see is how the bottom of all their stuff is even lined with felt to protect your tables and prevent pieces from sliding.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:37 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
hey, i'm not much of a "gamer" outside of HS. as my sons and i were strolling through the exhibit hall, the two setups that really caught my eye was the stuff from Dwarven Forge and Crocodile Games. beautiful terrain and figures.

http://www.crocodilegames.com/
the site doesn't show a lot of terrain (buildings mostly) but they had two displays, one desert one snow and ice. they looked fantastic.

the Dwarven Forge terrain was also amazing and best of all...modular !!
I follow you Gary.

I met a OCD guy here in town, all Star Wars, mind you, that lost his mind( and his GF's credit card) over that stuff.

I know just what you're talking about.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles