Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 18th, 2008, 05:13 PM

ensignoftheunit has disabled reputation
Talking Ensign's Customs

Well after that debacle with the "new thread" I thought it best to try and make a contribution to the community.

I've recently started customizing (this week) and this is my first batch. In the games my buddy and I run undead play a big part. The way it works is the greater undead (liches, wights, demons, ect) create the lesser undead (zombies, ghouls, ghasts, skeletons, ect) when they kill an opposing figure.

As you can probably tell I'm still improving on the look of the cards and the point value. Most are probably listed higher than they should be.

Last edited by ensignoftheunit; October 9th, 2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old September 18th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Ensign's Customs

Cool! I like the lich

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old September 18th, 2008, 05:36 PM

Thanks Its an undead mirror of Emirroon
Old September 20th, 2008, 12:31 AM

Temprit is surprisingly tart

I really like the Cleric. I think he might be a little too expensive.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old September 20th, 2008, 12:57 AM

Yeah, your probably right; I'm going to iron out the point values this weekend with some serious play-testing.

This is the common hero Cleric variant, I've got plains for at least two unique Clerics in the near future.
Old September 20th, 2008, 10:49 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Your cards look good. Check out my GIMPtute, you might find it helpful when making cards.
Old September 20th, 2008, 11:09 PM

Smile Re: Ensign's Customs

Yeah, your tutorial was outstanding; I'm still getting the hang of doing a good fog and standardizing the font type and size. Thanks for the awesome tutorial; wouldn't have been able to get anywhere close without it.
Old September 20th, 2008, 11:50 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Nice customs. They bring some cool new strategies.

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old September 21st, 2008, 11:33 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensignoftheunit View Post
Yeah, your tutorial was outstanding; I'm still getting the hang of doing a good fog and standardizing the font type and size. Thanks for the awesome tutorial; wouldn't have been able to get anywhere close without it.
No worries mate.

It doesn't get any more Aussie than that.
Old October 7th, 2008, 08:56 PM

Added three additional pieces; specific to the campaign world I run. Acouple of the units have world specific bonding/buffing/ect, but could be easily adapted to fit another game. Constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated, I like to think I can see a gradual increase in both the quality of the units, and the cards as well.
Old October 8th, 2008, 03:51 PM

Blazemane has disabled reputation

Your ideas are good, I do like them.

Technically spealing though- militiamen is spelled militiamen (it might even look better as militia-men). The asteriks are unnecessary for the attack values, and for the Elven Spearguards, it is assumed that Stalwart Defense can be used in combination with Hold the Line. One last thing- for Deanna, do you mean the Longsword ability can be used to attack any and all figures adjacent? I'm thinking this, because otherwise people would want to use the regular attack against adjacent figures, since each skull rolled counts for an extra die, the attack automatically starts at 3 rolls, and can be aided by things such as height and glyphs (while the Longsword would be unable to benefit).

They are good concepts. I'm just slightly confused on the wording.

Look, I'm sorry, but if you don't have the commom sense to be afraid of the Marro Warriors, someone's gonna have to teach you a lesson in humility, and it's probably going to be them who do it.
Old October 8th, 2008, 04:43 PM

long shot is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I really love the cards.
But have to agree with Blazemane on Deanna's Longsword ability and the Militiamen dont really look like men(maybe it just me?). Oh and the last ability that Deanna has doesn't make sence to me whos Agrias? If there is a card for him then I my computer must not have loaded it?

When the rich wage war its the poor who die

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards