Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old August 22nd, 2022, 09:46 PM

OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Hrognak (Mounted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverEngineered View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverEngineered View Post
Is there anyone who is willing to sell me the Howdah? Soundwarp is no longer making them. I’ve been trying to acquire one since June 1st, 2020. After 15 private messages, I’ve nearly given up hope. If anyone has one that they would be willing to sell, I’d be willing to negotiate a royally generous price. I already own the Triceratops figure but would be willing to purchase it again if necessary.
$50 plus s&h. With or without the Trihorn. Please message me.
I was thinking of making one or downloading one and attaching it to the 3d model that was scanned of the original and then going to 3d print the whole thing. If I get around to it soon, I'll make one that can be added to your pre existing one. I wouldn't imagine whipping it up and 3d printing it would even get anywhere close to 50 bucks.
I appreciate the suggestion! I’m fairly experienced with 3D printing and have put over 1000 hours on my Ender 3, but I’ve never been successful at printing miniatures. Always too fragile and low resolution. Resin would definitely be the way to go, but I haven’t gone that direction yet—mostly due to the messiness and lack of space in my hobby room for another printer. I’d be curious to see how it turns out if you decide to give it a try.
Old December 15th, 2022, 03:13 AM

Tropix has disabled reputation

Quote:
I was thinking of making one or downloading one and attaching it to the 3d model that was scanned of the original and then going to 3d print the whole thing. If I get around to it soon, I'll make one that can be added to your pre existing one. I wouldn't imagine whipping it up and 3d printing it would even get anywhere close to 50 bucks.
If you do make/acquire a 3D scan of the original howdah (the one that's shown on the unit's card), I would definitely be interested in it, as well, as I have also been trying to acquire them for a long time now, and the original creator no longer produces them.
Old December 16th, 2022, 12:57 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropix View Post
Quote:
If you do make/acquire a 3D scan of the original howdah (the one that's shown on the unit's card), I would definitely be interested in it, as well, as I have also been trying to acquire them for a long time now, and the original creator no longer produces them.
There is no official file for the howdah, as the maker of it made it from scratch. As far as scanning it, I don't do that kind of thing. However. The howdah itself doesn't look that complex. It looks very easy to design in a 3d program. When and if I get around to making one,I'm not sure I will make them for others or even sell the stl. I also do not share my designs on places like thingiverse anymore either. Awhile back I had folks use my files and were selling prints of them on etsy without my permission or even acknowledging that I was the maker of them. I'm not super interested in making others money off of my work though there may be others on here still willing to do things for free. I do know there are some versions of the howdah on thingiverse already made if you'd like to use those.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 15th, 2023, 12:52 AM

MacBryce knows what's in an order marker MacBryce knows what's in an order marker

I am sure this has been discussed by the design team, but I am just too curious. How do people feel about running the Trihorn like this so other characters can ride it?

Quote:
TRIHORN
145 points (120 delta)

LIFE

HOWDAH RIDER
A figure can move on to Trihorn's Howdah for 1 move, but it must end its move on the Howdah. A figure can leave the Howdah for 1 move and move to an adjacent tile, taking height into account. Trihorn's height does not count towards fall damage. When Trihorn moves, the rider moves with it. Trihorn's height adds 1 to the range of its rider's normal attacks, but not to its attack dice. The rider can be targeted by attackers. If Trihorn dies, the rider figure is placed on either tile that was previously occupied by Trihorn, and it takes 1 damage unless it has the Flying special power.

TRIHORN CHARGE 3 (Unchanged)
Trihorn rolls 3 additional attack dice when attacking any figure that was at least 3 clear sight spaces away from Trihorn at the start of his turn.
I think this would keep Hrognak (mounted) intact while allowing for other riders?
Old February 28th, 2023, 03:44 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Howdah with Hrognak rider 3D scan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBryce View Post
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4062987

Trexy3d.com can print one for you.

I like it better than the original to be honest.
Old October 30th, 2023, 02:52 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cross posting from the sales thread: @White Knight has recreated the Howdah and uploaded the file on Thingiverse, so it can now be printed!

Thingiverse Link
Old October 31st, 2023, 09:03 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thank you guys so much in the customs community for creating and sharing that 3D print. It always pained me that we couldn't get it distributed the way that I'd wanted. It was, in retrospect, not a good plan, but it got us something good so I won't beat myself up too much.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 4th, 2023, 03:33 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
Cross posting from the sales thread: @White Knight has recreated the Howdah and uploaded the file on Thingiverse, so it can now be printed!

Thingiverse Link
this link should be added to the OP @flameslayer93

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs