Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old May 15th, 2010, 12:43 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Treasure Glyph files for VS

I've been getting a few questions about how I'm adding Treasure Glyphs to my map images, like the one below:

I've added the two required files to the gallery. You'll need both Glyphunknown.bmp and Glyphside.bmp. This workaround replaces the images for unknown standard glyphs with images for unknown treasure glyphs. First, you'll need to locate your Images directory for Virtualscape. From the Virtualscape directory in Windows Explorer, navigate to Virtualscape > Images > Normal. I recommend making a backup of the existing Glyphunknown.bmp and Glyphside.bmp images in this folder as they will be replaced by the new images. I moved them to a separate folder so that I could restore them if I wanted. Next, save the image files from the above links in the Normal folder. You can typically do this by right clicking on the image and selecting Save Image As or some such. Now all Unknown glyphs will be rendered as Treasure glyphs in the 3D viewer in VS. To display standard glyphs again, simply restore the original files.
Old May 15th, 2010, 01:38 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Treasure Glyph files for VS

A while ago I created a ZIP file with all the new Glyph images and had sent it to Zzzzz, but he hasn't had a chance to add them to Virtual Scape yet. I was holding back from releasing them because I didn't know what letters were used to represent them in the official scenarios. Now that I've bought two D&D sets, I still don't know. Only Brandar's Chest is used in a scenario directly. Your image in the Gallery reminded me that I had never released them to the general populace. I hope I didn't beat you to the punch. Enjoy.

Old May 15th, 2010, 03:43 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

Great! Thanks to both of you !!!!!
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:13 PM

spongewyatt is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post
A while ago I created a ZIP file with all the new Glyph images and had sent it to Zzzzz, but he hasn't had a chance to add them to Virtual Scape yet. I was holding back from releasing them because I didn't know what letters were used to represent them in the official scenarios. Now that I've bought two D&D sets, I still don't know. Only Brandar's Chest is used in a scenario directly. Your image in the Gallery reminded me that I had never released them to the general populace. I hope I didn't beat you to the punch. Enjoy.

On page 20 of the manual it says the glyph symbols:
H: Heroic Rune
D: Talisman of Defence
PH: Potion of Healing
B: Brandar

My Custom:Units---Maps

Old May 17th, 2010, 08:02 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

How about D1 glyph abbreviations? I have asked people here and never got a response what they are. Gary's HS site's glyph table has abbreviations for treasure glyphs, but do not know if they are official (they have T before all treasure glyphs such as TB to differentiate from B).
Old May 18th, 2010, 11:55 AM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongewyatt View Post
On page 20 of the manual it says the glyph symbols:
H: Heroic Rune
D: Talisman of Defence
PH: Potion of Healing
B: Brandar
I'll check that out and update my file when I get home. (Still at work.) Thanks, spongewyatt.

EDIT: File Updated. (Whoa, how did I miss that. )

Last edited by AliasQTip; May 18th, 2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old May 18th, 2010, 12:29 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post

Nice! You're running into the same problem that I did though, which from what I can determine doesn't have a fix short of taking VS apart and making a code update (which I don't have a clue about how to do). The problem of course is that glyphs show as full-height tiles instead of their correct height. You could probably do the same thing with your image files that I did with mine, though, and swap them for an existing glyph tile to get them to render properly. Thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software