Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the most versatile hero in Raknar’s Vision?
Jotun 37 11.25%
Braxas 29 8.81%
Nilfheim 101 30.70%
Major Q9 111 33.74%
Theracus 51 15.50%
Voters: 329. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 12th, 2006, 11:14 AM

Marc has disabled reputation
Who is the most versatile hero in Raknar’s Vision?

I’m new here, but have been playing the game for a while now. I am curious to see what other people think about this question. I personally believe that Nilfheim is the most versatile, if not the most powerful, new hero. My gaming group has been able to get in several games with these new guys and he has always come up big. He just seems so hard to defend against. He doesn’t need to be adjacent to attack big like some of the other heroes and because he flies with 6, he can be very hard to catch. I think the 4 defense die also make for a huge difference between him and Braxas.
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I agree, Nilf is probably the most versatile with Q9 coming a close second. The best part about this release is that there isn't a stinker in the bunch. They are all cool and have their uses and who doesn't like a huge, sword swinging giant?!

Newb.
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:29 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth
what Theracus cant get no love?

oh well...flying 3x3 mount for dirt cheap that is also a scout seems pretty damn versatile....

I voted Juton, just because i did.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:45 AM

Sorry, I thought I had him in the poll. Of course he should be added, but I'm not sure how to edit the poll now that it's out. Any help here?
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Ummmm....where's Theracus???

He rocks at moving things around the board. He is a Scout so paired with Mittends it can get insane.

EDIT - Way to HEH adding him in
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
I'm not sure how to edit the poll now that it's out. Any help here?
I love being helpful. It rocks.

This is a toughie for me. I don't know who to vote for just yet.
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:50 AM

Thanks for the help! Not only am I new to the site, but I'm new to forums all together...I know, I know, welcome to the 21st century.
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
No worries. There is always a first time for everything.

Newb.
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Who is the most versatile hero in Raknar’s Vision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
I’m new here, but have been playing the game for a while now. I am curious to see what other people think about this question. I personally believe that Nilfheim is the most versatile, if not the most powerful, new hero. My gaming group has been able to get in several games with these new guys and he has always come up big. He just seems so hard to defend against. He doesn’t need to be adjacent to attack big like some of the other heroes and because he flies with 6, he can be very hard to catch. I think the 4 defense die also make for a huge difference between him and Braxas.
The drawbacks I experienced with Nilf is if he gets engaged with a figure *POOF* there goes that Special Ability.

And because he's a figure with such girth (he almost tips over on his own base!), he's difficult to fit into tight spots.
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:05 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth
Juton

7 life, 6 move, 8 attack, he can throw your opponen'ts figure to harm or kill them or throw your own to high ground

he can swing wildly at a group with 4 attack and affect everyone adjacent...

so he could kill up to 9 figures in one turn (assuming he attacks a double spaced adjacent figure who is surrounded and that he throws an enemy figure to their death)

yeah I see why I voted Juton

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:49 PM

Kenntak has disabled reputation
I voted for Theracus because he can fit in a lot of different point armies.
Old May 12th, 2006, 01:07 PM

Augray is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean
Juton

he can throw your opponen'ts figure to harm or kill them or throw your own to high ground
Or, throw your opponent's figure and then pound on it all in one turn.

I like Jotun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units