Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old October 25th, 2007, 03:05 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Tournament Map Gallery - Swarm of the Marro and Marvel

This thread is meant to serve as a gallery of select maps that do not use RotV. These maps are tournament-ready (i.e. satisfy certain criteria), but not necessarily tournament-worthy. As the gallery grows, I intend to weed out the less popular maps, with a target of 1-3 of the best maps for each master set / expansion combination.

Please point out any maps you think should be included, as well as any maps that you think should be omitted. I strongly encourage open discussion of maps' strengths and weaknesses. I will update the map display posts periodically to reflect new input. Basic guidelines for maps: no RotV; at most 2 expansions; 24-hex starting zones.
Old October 25th, 2007, 03:06 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Swarm of the Marro

Usernames link to map threads; images link to setup instructions.

Swarm of the Marro

Svan Swamp by LongHeroscaper (1 SM) - 14.2" x 36.8"

* one of the 3-hex sand pieces in the instructions should be replaced with a 3-hex rock piece

Surface Tension by GameBear (1 SM) - 21.0" x 29.3"

Swarm of the Marro + Road to the Forgotten Forest

The Hive Nest by LongHeroscaper (1 SM + 1 FF) - 17.2" x 35.9"

The Road to Nowhere by Nadi (1 SM + 1 FF) - 20.2" x 35.0"

The Slithering Passage by LongHeroscaper (1 SM + 1 FF) - 17.2" x 36.8"

Bayou Bridge v2 by T-bomb (1 SM + 1 FF) - 17.2" x 31.5"

The Durlag Mire by Nadi (1 SM + 2 FF) - 24.8" x 34.1"

Swarm of the Marro + Fortress of the Archkyrie

Embattled Fen by GameBear (1 SM + 1 FA) - 26.3" x 39.4"

Vidda's Crossing by hex706f726368 (1 SM + 1 FA) - 17.2" x 43.8"

The Ruined Gate of Elabar by Nadi (1 SM + 1 FA) - 21.0" x 35.4"

* Special Rule: Figures may not land on top of the castle walls.

Swarm of the Marro + Thaelenk Tundra

Gamma Swamp by PassiveAssassin (1 SM + 1 TT) - 14.2" x 29.8" (heavy snow, normal ice)

Ice Buffer by GameBear (1 SM + 1 TT) - 24.8" x 35.9" (heavy snow, normal ice)

Swarm of the Marro + Volcarren Wasteland

Crushed Dreams by STAROCEAN980 (1 SM + 1 VW) - 21.7" x 28.9"

Blistering Sands by GameBear (1 SM + 1 VW) - 24.8" x 32.4"
The Silent Cartographer

Marvel

Usernames link to map threads; images link to setup instructions.

Marvel

Ashes to Ashes by GameBear (1 MH + 1 FA + 1 VW) - 19.3" x 32.3"

Frozen Spires by GameBear (1 MH + 2 TT) - 17.5" x 29.3" (light snow, normal ice)

Hopscorch by Elstree (1 MH + 2 VW) - 19.3" x 32.3"

Swarm of the Marro + Marvel

Channel Buildup by GameBear (1 SM + 1 MH) - 24.8" x 32.4"

Floodgates by GameBear (1 SM + 1 MH + 1 FA) - 27.8" x 32.4"

Moss Creek Road by R˙chean (1 SM + 1 MH + 1 FF) - 23.3" x 36.8"

* 25-hex starting zones

Hot Bog by Jonathan (1 SM + 1 MH + 1 VW) - 24.5" x 33.9"
The Silent Cartographer

Other Maps

Map names link to setup instructions; usernames link to map threads.

Other Maps

Eye of the Needle by Nadi (1 SM + 1 FA) - 26.3" x 38.5"
Lawsig Bastion by fred the bug (1 SM + 1 FA) - 17.2" x 31.5"
Swamped by deliverymanxas (1 SM + 1 FF) - 28.0" x 35.4"
Abstract Assignment by Nadi (1 SM + 1 FA + 2 FF) - 26.3" x 35.4"

Above the Mire by GameBear (1 SM + 1 MH + 1 FA + 1 FF) - 21.9" x 38.4"
Flooded City by Technomagus (1 SM + 1 MH + 1 FA + 1 FF) - 19.3" x 38.4"
Ticalla Fault Line by Technomagus (1 SM + 1 MH + 1 FA + 1 FF) - 17.2" x 36.8"

The Larkshore Springs 2.0 by gibberish_47 (2 SM) - 20.2" x 35.0"
Mudflat Creek by Nadi (2 SM) - 26.3" x 35.4"
Poison Cloud by STAROCEAN980 (2 SM) - 29.3" x 35.0"

Night Outpost by STAROCEAN980 (2 SM + 1 FA) - 32.3" x 35.0"
Milthok Crossing by Nadi (2 SM + 1 FF) - 29.3" x 35.0"
Sludge Road by HSisforcoolkids (2 SM + 1 FF) - 12.7" x 46.4"
Swamp Treasure by Codeman (2 SM + 1 FF) - 24.8" x 30.6"
Old October 26th, 2007, 02:22 PM
The Silent Cartographer

I have now added all SotM and Marvel maps I could find that fit the criteria. If there are others I have missed, please point them out. Snow, Lava, and Marvel are all pretty scarce so far.
Old October 26th, 2007, 02:37 PM

War Solves Everything has disabled reputation
The Ruined Gate of Elabar looks awesome! I'm setting it up right now.

I feel sorry for you. Your not me.
Old October 26th, 2007, 03:29 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Just keep in mind (as pointed out in the other thread that map was released on) you might want to add a ladder or two to a few of those pillars in there, otherwise flying creatures and ranged characters that can get up there will have a field day with melee characters that are on the ground.

Most of my maps are pretty much 'free designs', meaning I leave it up to someone to place starting points, glyphs and come up with their own map scenarios. I realize that doesn't really work well with people that are looking for a complete package when they go looking for maps, but I like letting people be creative and come up with new and fun things to try with my maps.... so, let me know how it goes!

And can I just say that I REALLY like that Bayou Bridge map!!!!

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old November 7th, 2007, 12:19 PM
The Silent Cartographer

Ice Buffer has been added to the gallery. I had hoped that this thread would prove useful to those seeking maps, while perhaps inspiring the creation of new and better SotM/Marvel maps. At this point, I'm not sure it has served any purpose other than causing me to feel obligated to fill in gaps. Ugh. I don't have any interest in turning this into a second "GameBear's Maps" thread, and I really don't like bumping my own threads; one or two more tries, and then I suppose I'll let this thread sink into the morass for good.
Old November 7th, 2007, 12:32 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Are you wanting us to add our own maps that we make? I was under the impression that these were maps that you picked out (that fit your criteria), but we make a SotM set (maybe with an expansion) do you want us to post it here?

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old November 7th, 2007, 12:45 PM
The Silent Cartographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadi
Are you wanting us to add our own maps that we make? I was under the impression that these were maps that you picked out (that fit your criteria), but we make a SotM set (maybe with an expansion) do you want us to post it here?
Yes, please post new maps here (your own maps or others). I will update the display posts to reflect any identified maps. I would rather not have to scan the Maps forum and Downloads section for new maps; having others point out new maps makes maintenance of this thread much easier.
Old November 7th, 2007, 01:52 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
This is a great idea for newer players who might not have RotV.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 7th, 2007, 04:52 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
GameBear,

I think it would be a Good Idea to ask UPC about possibly stickying this thread.

For me, at least--I think there are others--I would be very happy to have a place to go for maps using these sets.

I had no idea there were so many already!

Come to think of it, I would like a "Master Map" thread like those in the Strategy and figure threads listing good maps according to (at least) number of players. Does anyone know if there already is a good map list by player number, or some other distinction?

Thanks a lot for this, I appreciate it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios