Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old October 7th, 2020, 10:46 AM

dukeadam is surprisingly tart
Re: Welcome to C3V

Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this - I am quite new to Heroscape and I have been collecting everything that I can find. I also collect C3V and SoV units as they have opinion of being very well playtested. However, I didn't find any information on the subject of tournament play - are they allowed by the community or not? Considering that there are no official guidelines at this point (game is not officially supported) and that the very strong community keeps the game alive - are these units already "legal", on par with official units, or still not very much so? They are certainly not some random customs at this point, as far as I can tell. I understand that reviewing proces is very thorough. Thanks!
Old October 7th, 2020, 11:42 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeadam View Post
Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this - I am quite new to Heroscape and I have been collecting everything that I can find. I also collect C3V and SoV units as they have opinion of being very well playtested. However, I didn't find any information on the subject of tournament play - are they allowed by the community or not? Considering that there are no official guidelines at this point (game is not officially supported) and that the very strong community keeps the game alive - are these units already "legal", on par with official units, or still not very much so? They are certainly not some random customs at this point, as far as I can tell. I understand that reviewing proces is very thorough. Thanks!
Excellent question!

There was never a time, even when Heroscape was in production, that there was an "official" tournament scene. It's always been something that local communities run on their own.

As for the C3V/SoV's presence in the current tournament scene, almost every tournament shared on this site seems to permit those units. There are some exceptions, most notably the Gencon events. But most tournaments are local tournaments, and among those, the C3V and SoV units are (as far as I can tell) generally accepted.

It's ultimately a decision that a local tournament director would have to make for him- or herself, for his or her own reasons.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 7th, 2020, 12:09 PM

dukeadam is surprisingly tart

Thanks a lot!
Old October 7th, 2020, 12:48 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

You're welcome. I love to see posts from overseas! I hope all is well for you and yours during these strange days, Duke.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 4th, 2023, 10:22 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

https://role4initiative.com/ is having a great sale today only. They have some nice Tomb Skeleton proxies (archers and guards). They also have zombies. You could probably use some of the generic heroes as proxies for something or other too (or make customs out of them).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs