Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Old August 1st, 2007, 01:36 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I'm leaning toward the original owner keeps the spirits, but I could honestly see merit on either side.
Ditto

~Aldin, thinking of a little pink pokemon

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 1st, 2007, 08:26 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
Now for the Viking one have we reached a consensus?
I still think it needs to be sent in. I know what I think the answer is, but I honestly don't know what Hasbro thinks it is, and that's what we need to know.
Old August 1st, 2007, 09:47 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
Now for the Viking one have we reached a consensus?
I still think it needs to be sent in. I know what I think the answer is, but I honestly don't know what Hasbro thinks it is, and that's what we need to know.
Well if we are sending one in, we might as well send in a couple. Especially if we want Craig, or whoever does Marvel, to look at it himself. Anyone have anymore questions?

Old August 1st, 2007, 10:16 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Might as well send in the Thanos + Mind Exchange and Frenzy question. My feeling is, they could have said per order marker, but they said per turn and they meant per turn. Still, better to be sure.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 02:30 AM

kalfalnal has disabled reputation
All those possibilities seem way off to me. Its all about who has possession of the card when one of these situations is invoked. That avoids all complications and need for clarification.

Seriously, warrior spirits moving around?! Why not just do what the cards actually say to do instead of reading a bunch of stuff into it using some kind of imaginary heroscape logic? Its a game, the fact that you're dealing with mind control and spirits is not nearly as relevant as what the rules and abilities clearly state.

If I control finn and he dies...I place his spirit on any unique army card. Just like it says. To do anything else is asking for a never ending FAQ and completely destroys the simplicity of this game.

*Edited to replace the word "relative" with "relevant" and again to add this message. I really need to start sleeping again.*
Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:15 AM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
kalfalnal,

I think the "do what the card says" argument is the right one. What I wonder is twofold: Doom's card says "At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to the player that controlled that Hero." The Warrior Spirit is placed when F or T is destroyed. So....

a) Does the turn end the instant they are destroyed returning control of the placement to the original owner?

b) Does the turn only end after all events relating to an Order Marker have transpired and therefore Doom places the spirit?

c) Same as "b" except that control of the Spirit (which is arguably still the "Hero") returns to the player after the turn ends.

I kinda tend to favor "c" technically, but note that in practice it would have the same effect as "a".

~Aldin, who believes "b" and "a" to be possible as well

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 2nd, 2007, 02:50 PM

Once the hero is dead the point of who controls him is moot as the card is essentially out of play. The last player who actually had control of the card should place the spirit and spirit does not equal hero, hence control is not relevant. Guess we'll be seeing this one in the faq eventually
Old August 2nd, 2007, 09:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I honestly do not understand what you're saying, kalfalnal. After reading both of your posts, I have no clue which side of this you're on - whether you think the Spirits would be placed by Doom's onwer, or by the Viking's original owner.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 2nd, 2007, 10:42 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I honestly do not understand what you're saying, kalfalnal. After reading both of your posts, I have no clue which side of this you're on - whether you think the Spirits would be placed by Doom's onwer, or by the Viking's original owner.
I think he's saying that Doom would place the figure.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 05:44 AM

Thats what I'm saying.

I use Dr Doom to take control of Finn. I jump Finn into lava. Since I am currently his controller, I get to place the warrior spirit. Easy!
Old August 3rd, 2007, 09:38 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
I gotta think Doom's team gets to use Finn. What happens if Ne-Gok-Sa mind shackles Finn? If NGS mind shackles Finn and Finn dies, NGS's team gets the spirit. I view mind exchange exactly the same as mind shackle, except it only lasts one turn.

The only argument I can see is Aldin's, about whether the turn ends when Finn dies or if it extends longer than that. It's worth putting it into the FAQ

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:46 AM

For what it's worth, if I happened to be running Finn or Thorgrim on a map with lava vs. Dr. Doom and he just happened to pull of the takeover/hot lava death I'd be happy to give away the Warrior Spirit just for the novelty of it all

~Aldin, glad we've at least defined the question

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's