Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old February 9th, 2021, 11:42 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Omegacron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I just put the figure in near boiling water for around 30 - 50 seconds, then Exacto'd it off. I've used this method for the majority of my figures. Some figures are made of a plastic that's soft enough to cut off without it, but for everything else, there's hot water. Just make sure you're careful. I've burned myself a few times when I first did it.
This is exactly what I did for all of the Mechwarrior minis (and anything using a large D&D or Pathfinder base). I originally used a normal knife, though--I've since upgraded to an Exacto knife instead and would highly recommend it. They're cheap from Wal-Mart or the like and cutting through the plastic without hurting yourself is much easier.

If the figure is being stubborn and won't come off the base, then I generally lower the base back into the boiling water for another 30 seconds with some tongs and then rinse and repeat. It's harder for some minis than for some others, but I don't remember Omegacron being one of the more difficult ones to remove when I got him off of the base.
It is worth noting that there are differently shaped Exacto blades. I use one shaped like this:

Which is an "M" blade.

The standard one, which is shaped like this:

is called a "P" blade. I don't like it as well for cutting minis, but it works well for cutting other stuff.

It could also be this:

which is called an "E" blade.

"J" blades also work pretty well:
Old February 10th, 2021, 12:57 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
I just put the figure in near boiling water for around 30 - 50 seconds, then Exacto'd it off. I've used this method for the majority of my figures. Some figures are made of a plastic that's soft enough to cut off without it, but for everything else, there's hot water. Just make sure you're careful. I've burned myself a few times when I first did it.
This is exactly what I did for all of the Mechwarrior minis (and anything using a large D&D or Pathfinder base). I originally used a normal knife, though--I've since upgraded to an Exacto knife instead and would highly recommend it. They're cheap from Wal-Mart or the like and cutting through the plastic without hurting yourself is much easier.

If the figure is being stubborn and won't come off the base, then I generally lower the base back into the boiling water for another 30 seconds with some tongs and then rinse and repeat. It's harder for some minis than for some others, but I don't remember Omegacron being one of the more difficult ones to remove when I got him off of the base.
It is worth noting that there are differently shaped Exacto blades. I use one shaped like this:

Which is an "M" blade.

The standard one, which is shaped like this:

is called a "P" blade. I don't like it as well for cutting minis, but it works well for cutting other stuff.

It could also be this:

which is called an "E" blade.

"J" blades also work pretty well:
I've said it before, and I'll mention it again. If you are going to be debasing minis, I recommend using a table vise. If you cant get one of those a good pair of vise grips works ok to hold the mini with your non cutting hand. Gotta keep those fingers in one piece. Trust me, I still have a big scar on the end of one of my thumbs

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 10th, 2021, 11:40 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I'll second the belt sander. Put it upside down in a vice and sand the base away.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs