Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 9th, 2011, 06:28 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Heroscape: The Lost Scenarios!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1656

Scenario 1: Song of the Pillars

Scenario 2: Obsidian Attack at Steam Alley

Scenario 3: Utgar's Invasion at Feldspar Pass

Scenario 4: Chaos in the Catacombs

Dungeon Adventure 2: River of Blood

Dungeon Adventure 3: Shadow Cavern

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)

Last edited by theGuru; July 19th, 2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old February 9th, 2011, 06:55 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Unreleased Scenario Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru
We have quite a few scenarios to release, and once I start putting the files together, I'll probably get into a weekly release schedule to keep from dumping them all at once, and to have some fun for old times sake.

Since you guys know how much I love teasing releases, here is some early info on the scenarios:
  1. River of Blood: This is already released, but will be updated with the room images.
  2. Shadow Cavern: This is a new 4 room, 5 scenario Dungeon Adventure that takes place after the River of Blood and focuses on Valkrill's rise. Can your group of adventurers navigate the Cavern and get out alive?
  3. The Catacombs: It's finally coming! A race to grab the most treasure while others hunt for prey.
  4. Song of the Pillars: The Song of the Pillars is a 2-3 player scenario that is run on the new Aveniul's Threshold Battlefield. Aveniul's Threshold uses ROTV, SOTM and 2 Ticalla Jungle sets.
  5. Obsidian Attack at Steam Alley: Steam Alley is a SOTM/Volcarren Wasteland/Ticalla Jungle battlefield. The scenario is a 2 player, 5 round fight to the death!
  6. Utgar's Invasion at Feldspar Pass: This is a 2 player scenario that is played on the Feldspar Pass battlefield, which is a ROTV\SOTM\Ticalla Jungle Set battlefield. This scenario also requires the Warriors of Feldspar pack from Valkirll's Gambit (collection 10)

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 9th, 2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Didn't mean to post this here but then tried to change post to below post but accidentally double posted
Old February 9th, 2011, 07:00 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Awesome! Can't wait to play. Quick question - do any of the rooms/maps meet BoV requirements? I see they all meet terrain requirements, but are any relatively symmetrical and have (or could easily have) a 24 space starting zone. I ask of course because I would like to see some new "official maps" in tournaments.

Also, any chance this can be updated with new battlefields on map and in legend?

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 9th, 2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old February 9th, 2011, 07:12 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Is Song of the Pillars the scenario that Jexik would have been talking about when he said that there was a scenario coming out with good multi-player rules?

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old February 9th, 2011, 07:12 PM

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

1. I believe Feldspar pass may be the only map that meets BOV requirements, but i'm not sure exactly what those are. It's the only one that is very close to being symmetrical.

2. There is no way to update the map. I'm sorry.

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old February 9th, 2011, 07:13 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Great stuff!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 9th, 2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Upshaw View Post
Is Song of the Pillars the scenario that Jexik would have been talking about when he said that there was a scenario coming out with good multi-player rules?
I don't think so. He was probably talking about the Shadow Cavern, which has a really brilliant Multi-player VS 1 "DM" player rule set designed by Grungebob.

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old February 9th, 2011, 07:44 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
...Shadow Cavern, which has a really brilliant Multi-player VS 1 "DM" player rule set designed by Grungebob.
Can't wait to see the 'Adventuring Party' rules (I'm curious to see if the real deal is anywhere near the 4v1 dungeon crawl rules set I've been using)!

Thanks, theGuru et al, for hammering out a few more nuggets of joy for all of us!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old February 9th, 2011, 08:43 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Shadow Cavern is something I am looking forward to, a way to expand the official character of Valkrill as a general, not a philosopher madman like in my novel.

Song of the Pillars might expand the jungle story more.

The lava map, Steam Alley must have been a reason for the sheer increase in the Lava Resistant characters.

Feldspar Pass is going to be a backstory goodie. Finally giving some plot flavor on the repaints.

As for the map, all we need is Guru's knowledge of the determined locations and a good photoshop hand, and we have ourselves an updated map! Anybody want to work on the Valhallan Underdark? This is great stuff and I really look forward to using this in my fan fic series. (An Underdark map could have the faded picture of the original map, and then drawn passages starting from Kinsland's Blackscar all the way to the Shadow Cavern. We would also add the passages of Ancient Sanctum, River of Blood and Othkurik's Throne.)

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

I can't wait. My printer will beg for mercy when I am done printing all of them.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:16 PM

oni is surprisingly tart

I <3 Guru

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:28 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Awesomesauce. Can't wait to try it all out!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News