Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 15th, 2011, 05:28 AM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Van Nessing

The Book of Van Nessing

C3V Wave 1 - Thormun's Reprieve - Veterans of Disaster

PDF Download

The figure used for this unit is a Dungeons and Dragons figure from the Unhallowed set, the Vampire Hunter (#11/60) (Check availability).

Character Bio:

Spoiler Alert!

SILVER BOLTS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
When a Lycanthrope or Hybrid figure receives one or more wounds from Silver Bolts Special Attack, that figure receives one additional wound.

DIVINE MISSION
After revealing an order marker on Van Nessing's Army Card, after taking Van Nessing's turn, you may reveal an "X" order marker that is on Van Nessing's Army Card and take another turn with Van Nessing. During this additional turn, Van Nessing adds 2 to his normal attack against Undead figures.

HOLY RELIC
When the 20-sided die is rolled for a special power on an opponent's Undead Army Card and at least one of the figures from that Army Card is within 3 clear sight spaces of Van Nessing, subtract 3 from the die roll.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
Q. What happens when Van Nessing's Holy Relic affects an opponent's Undead 20-sided die roll of 1, 2 or 3? Does the result become -2, -1, and 0 respectively?
A. No. The minimum result is 1.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefit or Penalty Received
WEREWOLF LORD: MOON FRENZY
Van Nessing being an Hybrid hero, a Werewolf Lord can use Moon Frenzy to make an attempt to take a turn with him.
It's a benefit if the Werewolf Lord is in your team.
It's a penalty if the Werewolf Lord is an opponent.

SELEENA: FERAL SWIPE
Seleena rolls 2 additional dice when attacking adjacent Hybrid figures.
Synergy Benefits Received
LYCANTHROPE OR HYBRID FIGURES: SILVER BOLTS SPECIAL ATTACK
When he inflicts one or more wounds with SILVER BOLTS SPECIAL ATTACK, Van Nessing inflicts an additional wound to Lycanthrope or Hybrid figures.
ARKTOS: HUNTER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT
As a Hunter figure, Van Nessing may receive an additional attack die when adjacent to Arktos

COUNT RAYMOND: DEVOUT LEADERSHIP
Having a Devout personality, Van Nessing may benefit from Count Raymond's DEVOUT LEADERSHIP movement bonus.

UNDEAD FIGURES: DIVINE MISSION
When he takes an additional turn with DIVINE MISSION, Van Nessing adds 2 dice to his normal attack against Undead figures.
Synergy Benefit or Penalties Offered
UNDEAD FIGURES WITH A POWER WHICH USES THE 20-SIDED DIE: HOLY RELIC
While rolling the 20-sided die for a power on an opponent Undead Army Card, if at least one of the figures from the card is within 3 clear sight spaces of Van Nessing, you must substract 3 from the die roll.

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index
Van Nessing - More than just a counter to undead, Van Nessing is a tough hero who can deliver multiple ranged special attacks using Divine Mission. B+ by dok

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Last edited by superfrog; October 12th, 2020 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Synergies with the Skeletons of Annelintia added.
Old September 15th, 2011, 06:22 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Van Nessing

Great work dalu...

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 15th, 2011, 07:31 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Van Nessing is AWSOME!!!!
He is exactly the same as when I playtested him,Except he was bumped up 5 points.

Edit:300th post!!!!!!!!

Tournament Record:124-50 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Last edited by boromir96; September 15th, 2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old September 15th, 2011, 08:17 AM
I Need 42 Dumutefs for my Ullar army

samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post

Van Nessing is AWSOME!!!!
He is exactly the same as when I playtested him,Except he was bumped up 5 points.
I know right? Hes like a cyp killer.

Hello. I have updated my signature in an attempt to convey absolutely nothing, and waste your time reading this every time I post. Thank you.
Old September 15th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I really don't like this guys cost is 105. Such an odd point cost with no reason here. To mean it means that Van Nessing, Cyprien and Sonya = 300 points even which is an odd synergy.
Old September 15th, 2011, 11:46 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Sorry, tcglkn, but C3V figures are not priced to assuage the OCD of people that hate leaving 5 points on the table.

One point I'd like to make about this guy is that he's a decent figure even outside of his obvious use as a counterdraft to the undead. If you put just one numbered OM on him each round, plus the "X", you get a double turn from him each time he activates. That could mean grabbing a key glyph at the beginning of the game, or firing off a pair of ranged special attacks, or several other nice tricks.
Old September 15th, 2011, 12:25 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love that the Werewolf Lord can take advantage of him right at the start of the game, whether on his side or his opponents!
Old September 15th, 2011, 01:50 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This guy is just so awesome. The C3V team is really impressing me... almost maks me want to play a game of classic again!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old September 15th, 2011, 05:33 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This guy makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Just drenched in theme/potential/synergy. I absolutely love this figure. I really fell in love when I realized he was a hybrid and that he filled in that potential with the Werewolf Lord.

Ugh, this guy is incredible! Great job, C3V. Outstanding.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old September 15th, 2011, 06:10 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I can't see him being played in a a normal tournament setting, as he is better as a counter in draft settings. Maybe in a heroes only or treasure quest tourney where Cypren shows up a lot, he would do good.
Old September 15th, 2011, 08:12 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I can't see him being played in a a normal tournament setting, as he is better as a counter in draft settings. Maybe in a heroes only or treasure quest tourney where Cypren shows up a lot, he would do good.
Yeah, if I want a double ranged special attack for less than 120 points, I'll just take... uh...

I don't deny that he's better in a counterdraft situation, but he's not bad in a double blind environment.
Old September 15th, 2011, 09:40 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I could see some crazy metagame where everyone plays Cyprien with Omegacron and Repulsors. Then Van Nessing would be very relevant, as usually I'd imagine Gladiatrons/a Soulborg core would be the go to counterdraft for Cyprien. Against the PK he'll get off a 6 die turn, but this isn't as powerful against squads that would have died from a 4 die attack anyway.

The problem with only having 1 OM on Van Nessing to get the double turn is that Van Nessing is going to be sitting there dormant on the front lines at times while your other 2 OM's get into position. But all of this talk is just concerned about the uber tier, so it doesn't really matter.

The first thing I'm going to do is try out the Werewolf Lord combo, as this seems like it's going be an absolute blast. 2x Werewolf Lord with Van Nessing would be great in an all hero format. Not as efficient as possible, but those silver bolts are going to see some action.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs