Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 23rd, 2011, 02:35 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Spider-Man

The Book of Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 6
AVENGERS ARRIVE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Mutant Mayhem set.
Its model number and name are #058-060, #219 / Spider-Man.
Its model number and name are #208 / Peter Parker.
Character Bio - When scrawny Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider, his DNA was somehow mutated to adopt the spectacular abilities of the common spider. This allowed him to crawl up walls, to leap incredible heights, lift over 1,000 pounds, and he even gained the uncanny sixth sense, or spider-sense that arachnids seem to have when they are threatened or in danger. Using his brilliant and scientific brain, he created for himself handy dandy web shooters that shoot out his very own web fluid - another of his creations - so that he can swing from building to building. Criminals beware, this friendly neighborhood Spider-Man catches criminals just like flies.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card Updates:
21 November 2020 - Web Swing wording update

Last edited by Arch-vile; October 30th, 2022 at 01:35 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 02:35 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Spider-Man

NAME = SPIDER-MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = PETER PARKER

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 250

SPIDEY-SENSES 9
If Spider-Man is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 4 from the roll if the attacking figure is a Symbiote. If you roll 9 or higher, Spider-Man takes no damage and may immediately use his Web Swing 2 special power.

WEB SWING 2
Instead of his normal move, Spider-Man may move up to 2 spaces with Web Swing. When moving with Web Swing, Spider-Man has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 40 levels in a single swing, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After using Web Swing 2, you may use it two additional times.

WEB SLINGER
If Spider-Man did not move this turn, before attacking, you may choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Spider-Man. Place Spider-Man adjacent to the chosen figure or place the chosen figure adjacent to Spider-Man. If Spider-Man attacks the chosen figure this turn, the chosen figure rolls 2 fewer defense dice. Figures moved by Web Slinger will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by tcglkn; November 21st, 2020 at 04:49 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 02:36 AM

This is based on what Spidey'tilIDie and I had talked about previously. Please give plenty of feedback.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 07:59 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I love the powerset. Feels like an evolution of the original Spidey. 260 for the points seems really high. Would like to see him come in at 200 or less.

Web slinger doesn't specify LEA. So they would happen? Also this might be a a good place to tie in SS restriction? Can he pull in Rhino with his webs?
Old May 23rd, 2011, 08:26 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Also, I don't have that mini figure (which looks great btw) I wonder if he could be classified as a medium 4? Tough to tell because he's hunched over.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 11:22 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I agree about the price range - but I'd be surprised if this guy really comes in at 100 points higher than the official Spidey.
I could see adjusting his defense down to 4 if needed to get him closer to 200. I think 180-210 points is about ideal for this guy.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:01 PM

Web Slinger could also be bumped to +1 attack to help keep cost in check. Hopefully Spidey will be attacking on height most of the time with this power so he'd be throwing 6 dice which is respectable.

I've been thinking about this design all morning and I can't wait to try it out. Enhanced Swing Line plus Web Slinger just looks like so much fun.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:14 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

When using Web Swing 2 after Spidey-Sense can you use it 2 additional times? If so I'm guessing the only reason to keep it 3 moves of two is the theme of swinging around.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
When using Web Swing 2 after Spidey-Sense can you use it 2 additional times? If so I'm guessing the only reason to keep it 3 moves of two is the theme of swinging around.
Yeah, it also forces you to find placement for the figure every 2 spaces. So it could make it tricky to use on some maps. I REALLY like the change to Swing Line. As a plan B, if placement becomes too tricky it could be Swing Line 3 and you use it one additional time.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:42 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Web Slinger could also be bumped to +1 attack to help keep cost in check. Hopefully Spidey will be attacking on height most of the time with this power so he'd be throwing 6 dice which is respectable.
Yeah, I thought of that too - good point about him being able to use it from height most of the time. I think I might be in favor of it being a +1 in general, since there's an extra +1 hidden in there most of the time anyway.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 23rd, 2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Yeah, it also forces you to find placement for the figure every 2 spaces. So it could make it tricky to use on some maps. I REALLY like the change to Swing Line. As a plan B, if placement becomes too tricky it could be Swing Line 3 and you use it one additional time.
I think you "get it".

So far our three big Spidey Villains are Green Goblin, Elektro, and Doc Ock.

Green Goblin - on GG's turn, Spider-Man will trying to get as far away from him as possible with that relentless SA followed up by a normal attack.

Elektro - Spidey won't want to engage him or risk being SHOCKED!!!!

Doc Ock - he has Cyber Claw, and so Spidey doesn't want to engage him until he is good and ready for the final showdown, or else he would be a sitting duck for everyone else.

So you can see, more movement is great for Spidey, but you pay for it at the risk of running into some Sinister villains.

Bats' life of 4 is puke worthy IMO. Spider-Man should definitely keep that life of 5 we are all used to and he deserves it. However, the point cost was simply what Spidey was "wanting" Spider-Man to cost, this writeup will ultimately determine that though, and I don't mind tweaking things to bring his cost down. Though I don't think he is worth quite that much right now.

One thing to consider though is that his constitution is great, and it can be cracked, but only after cracking Spider Sense. That makes him very difficult to kill.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 02:16 PM

I didn't see anyone saying anything about lowering his life ... so I think we're all on the same page there.
The Spidey-Sense/tough constitution combo was why I thought a lowering of his defense to 4 might be worthwhile. Hasbro Spidey is built that way and staying power is definitely not his problem - it's being able to put in strong or multiple attacks (depending on who he's facing). This Spidey has the ability to put in strong attacks. I'm not sure he needs more staying power than Hasbro Spidey, though, personally.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library