Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 13th, 2009, 11:28 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
The Valhalla Society

Well met!

Those familiar with the history of warfare are aware that the "great equalizer" (the Colt "Peacemaker", and, by extension, all firearms) ended the primacy on the battlefield of the warrior's individual skill, strength, and stamina acquired after years of disciplined effort and sacrifice. As a practicing martial artist, in the spirit of the Last Samurai (except for that stupid frontal charge against the cannon at the end of the movie, when a flank attack would have won that battle too), it is my opinion that firearms are an affront to all true warriors, and those bearing them should never have been permitted to enter Valhalla. Within the Native American tribes, there were various warrior organizations called Societies. Membership was limited to only the best warriors of proven bravery and skill. I hereby announce the creation of the Valhalla Society for Heroscape. Membership is open only to those who vow to eschew fielding figures bearing firearms in their armies.

David

P.S.: See my blog entry entitled The Valhalla Society (and subsequent entries) at http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=982 for the list of eschewed units.

Last edited by kolakoski; May 10th, 2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: P.S.
Old November 13th, 2009, 11:45 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: The Valhalla Society

Does this mean Dragons are OK? In general when I pick armies I find that I migrate towards melee figures, but I do like a great big beastie by my side as well.

My current favorite build is:

Legion x3
MDG
Zelrig

-insert signature here-
Old November 13th, 2009, 12:12 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Does this mean Dragons are OK? In general when I pick armies I find that I migrate towards melee figures, but I do like a great big beastie by my side as well.

My current favorite build is:

Legion x3
MDG
Zelrig
I assume that Dragons are sentient and eschew firearms in favor of honing their natural weapons. Your query suggests the banning of mages as well, but discussion of restrictions beyond the ban on firearms could be left to the members, assuming there are any.

David
Old November 13th, 2009, 12:34 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Membership is open only to those who vow to eschew fielding figures bearing firearms in their armies.

Does this mean you would never have a figure in your army that has firearms. We all know Matthias should belong to this Society but even he has run Krav and Warro Warriors before.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old November 13th, 2009, 12:46 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Quote:
Membership is open only to those who vow to eschew fielding figures bearing firearms in their armies.

Does this mean you would never have a figure in your army that has firearms. We all know Matthias should belong to this Society but even he has run Krav and Warro Warriors before.
If, and only if, he eschews firearm bearing figures, may Matthias join the Valhalla Society. If he also eschews ranged figures, he deserves to have his own society.

David
Old November 13th, 2009, 02:21 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Do the Marro count as bearing firearms? Technically, their weapons are all organic, and in the cases of the Drudge, are built into themselves. SOunds to me like they're using their own skills.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old November 13th, 2009, 03:01 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post
Do the Marro count as bearing firearms? Technically, their weapons are all organic, and in the cases of the Drudge, are built into themselves. SOunds to me like they're using their own skills.
You may have a point, but the Marro Warriors and Me-Burq-Sa are denied entrance, arbitrarily.

David
Old November 13th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Major Q9 has guns for arms, where does he fit in?

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old November 13th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
it is my opinion that firearms are an affront to all true warriors,
You are just talking about the game, right? You're not going to sit there and say the United States Armed Forces aren't comprised of true warriors, right? Just checking.

Old November 13th, 2009, 03:27 PM

The Wall Woo who?

What about Agent Carr? He has a gun and a sword.
Old November 13th, 2009, 03:33 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Major Q9 has guns for arms, where does he fit in?
Denied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wall View Post
What about Agent Carr? He has a gun and a sword.
Denied!

No guns, period.

David
Old November 13th, 2009, 03:54 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This thread is hilarious, awesome and crazy all at once.

Oh, and the definition of "gray areas."

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion