Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Dwarves don't like walls very much.
No they don't. Love it though.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old February 14th, 2012, 06:48 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Dwarves don't like walls very much.
That's the moral of the story, where's the rest of the tale?

I think they just hate Orcs.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 14th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

In a SW game last night played by a couple guys in my game group, the Dwarves took it to the Swamp Orcs. Busting those vine walls was a piece of cake apparently for the Dwarves. I'm glad, because those Swamp Orcs took it to my Cloaks in an earlier match.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 14th, 2012, 07:06 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
In a SW game last night played by a couple guys in my game group, the Dwarves took it to the Swamp Orcs. Busting those vine walls was a piece of cake apparently for the Dwarves. I'm glad, because those Swamp Orcs took it to my Cloaks in an earlier match.
Besiege the Walls. Game over.

Old February 14th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, that's what I heard happened.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 14th, 2012, 11:39 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Besiege the Walls. Game over.
Then the SO get some more vines out.....

Besiege the Walls. Game over again.

Then SO tries with some more vines as a last ditch effort....

Gror + HF. Game really over.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 14th, 2012, 01:16 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

I personally believe that you need to house rule that Beseige the Walls doesn't affect Vine Walls.

Seriously, the matchup is too dumb otherwise. Just the one thing I that I think plaid hat got wrong, it so hard for the SO. All their events and units pretty much rely on having Vine Walls.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old February 14th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Gror and Baldar are worse than BtW, and the TO's Freeze is worse for the SO than BtW. I won the SO v. GD matchup at my last tournament.

You're certainly welcome to house rule it, but I don't think it's needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranior View Post
Seriously, the matchup is too dumb otherwise. Just the one thing I that I think plaid hat got wrong, it so hard for the SO. All their events and units pretty much rely on having Vine Walls.
Are you familar with savagers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 14th, 2012, 02:08 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Huh, very interesting. I've never been able to gain any hold over the GD as the SO, but maybe I just haven't tried enough to live without Vine Walls. Seems very pointless to try not to use Vine Walls heavily, but against GD I suppose you have to really change style.

I've tried like 8 games though, and haven't seen the SO put up much threat in the GD games, and knocking Besiege the Walls to not include Vine Walls doesn't upset the balance I have found, the battles like that are very close. Gror and Heroic Feat still has plenty of say, but I've found it to be a more enjoyable playing experience.

But ah well.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old February 20th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Apprentice Mage

BGG Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1...s-faction-deck
Old February 20th, 2012, 05:13 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Nice, they would go great in a DD deck.
Old February 20th, 2012, 05:43 PM

Yes, perfect for Deep Dwarves!

Interesting mechanic. I love powers that give you options.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games