Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 5th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Siege

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
OK, I'm flip-flopping on this one...and I believe that this discussion has become much more relevant to Siege's book than Ana's. The key points behind my change of opinion are the specific wordings describing each power's timing.

Crag of Steel states, "When revealing and order marker.." That, to me, means simultaneously.

Healing Word states, "After revealing an order marker.." which concretely nails down that OM being revealed (in this case both OMs) occurs prior to Healing Word activating.

So, only one shot at healing. Yep, I'm a flip-flopper.
Exactly my thoughts.

Old November 6th, 2011, 02:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Then you would have no healing at all. Anas' power clearly states it must occur before any other special powers are triggered. If Crag of Steel must be declared and activated at the same exact time that the numbered order marker is revealed, then no healing word is possible. If you allow healing word to trigger between the revealing of the numbered order marker and the activating of Crag of Steel, then you should roll for healing word twice since another order marker is revealed in order to trigger Crag of Steel. It is either 2 healings or none, one healing is not possible.
Old November 7th, 2011, 10:28 AM

sword4hire knows what's in an order marker sword4hire knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Then you would have no healing at all. Anas' power clearly states it must occur before any other special powers are triggered. If Crag of Steel must be declared and activated at the same exact time that the numbered order marker is revealed, then no healing word is possible. If you allow healing word to trigger between the revealing of the numbered order marker and the activating of Crag of Steel, then you should roll for healing word twice since another order marker is revealed in order to trigger Crag of Steel. It is either 2 healings or none, one healing is not possible.
I don't think she can heal him if Crag of Steel is activated. I also read the 'X' marker turning as simultaneous, and then a special power has been used, so no Ana.
Old November 7th, 2011, 12:40 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Here's Ana's text:

HEALING WORD
After revealing an order marker on a wounded small or medium Hero figure you control that is adjacent to Ana Karithon, and before using any other special powers on any Army Card or Glyph, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, remove up to 2 wound markers from that Hero’s Army Card

I read this as Ana's power triggers when an order marker is revealed, and that after revealing you *first* roll for Healing Word before using any other special powers/glyphs and then you can proceed to use other powers.

I don't see why you could not reveal an OM and the X - then first roll for healing word - then go back to activate Crag of Steel.

Is 'activating' the same as 'using' Crag of Steel? I activate it with the X order marker, but I'm not using it before I first roll for Healing Word. Crag is activate but you won't use any features of the power until you Move, Attack or roll Defense.

I believe you get to roll at least once - and I didn't think that Crag would prevent you from healing at all. Thank you for the discussion on how others might see this.
Old November 7th, 2011, 05:57 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

The way I see it that you reveal the order marker on siege, and before you reveal the x order marker, you roll for healing. Then you may "Simultaneously" reveal the X order marker.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old November 8th, 2011, 12:35 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Your "simultaneously" works differently than mine.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 06:13 PM

Megapower999 knows what's in an order marker Megapower999 knows what's in an order marker

Vipers? What vipers?
Seriously. If your opponent has vipers, put him up front line and get ready for siege mode. 3 squads (what a smart viper player should bring) and he's done his share.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 01:04 PM

Ivellius knows what's in an order marker Ivellius knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Your "simultaneously" works differently than mine.
But "simultaneously" isn't on the card...
Old December 3rd, 2011, 06:05 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You get one shot at healing word. Not two.

Come on, stop trying to "game" the game.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old December 6th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The X is clearly not an order marker for Ana's power---though perhaps an official ruling clarification is required.

If it is then what is stopping me from healing any hero who you put the X on? There is absolutely no reason to treat Seige specially.

The intent of the wording is that when you activate the unit for a turn and before you move them you can heal them. I agree there is room for rules lawerying here, but don't try it around my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Come on, stop trying to "game" the game.
Old December 6th, 2011, 09:33 AM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

Far be it from me to say anything is official.

The power of crag of steel, says you may also reveal the x order marker. Under normal circumstances there is no reason other than being printed on a card, for revealing the x order marker.

My understanding is that first heal after revealing an order marker on the card to be used who is standing next to "anna", if that happens to be "siege" then after he is healed reveal the x order marker and move on with cragging it up on those unsuspecting vipers... etc...
Old December 7th, 2011, 12:48 AM

Ivellius knows what's in an order marker Ivellius knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
The X is clearly not an order marker for Ana's power---though perhaps an official ruling clarification is required.

If it is then what is stopping me from healing any hero who you put the X on? There is absolutely no reason to treat Seige specially.

The intent of the wording is that when you activate the unit for a turn and before you move them you can heal them. I agree there is room for rules lawerying here, but don't try it around my house.
The thing is, the X is an order marker (yeah, Shiori's still a figure). The difference is that it's not normally revealed, but with Siege and Evar it is.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units