Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 1st, 2020, 05:44 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
NHSD 2020 - Pandemic Edition

National Heroscape Day is the 3rd Saturday in October, so this year NHSD is October 17 2020, but of course any event in October or November can be counted as "NHSD". I know we have had successful online Cons for Gencon and others, and we can do the same for NHSD, but I have been really itching for IRL Scape. I have a suggestion for this year - have a bunch of smaller events at people's houses and possibly friendly local game stores or other public spaces - basically 4-10 people per location, but can be "organized" together in the same region with common maps and format for a larger area of players. It may be just a couple friends and family members and a couple people you know from the Online community, but I would prefer the more intimate setting to either Online only events or a larger event at a public location where a lot of people may not want to go for various reasons (not wanting this discussion to side-rail on mask/no-mask etc).

For instance while normally I drive couple hours to Dayton, Louisville, or Cleveland for their event, instead I can host in my house and maybe get a few people from the area, and each of those locations can get a few people together at scattered locations. If more than 8 or 10 people RSVP to any location, then someone can offer their place or a FLGS by them to split off to a new location, with only 3-5 maps needed per location. With less people that are more likely to know each other better, each group can decide on things like proper PPE and sanitary practices between games, as I understand some people would want all Maps and Figures sanitized each game, while others might think that ruins the plastic and is superfluous. Again I could totally see an Online NHSD alternative as well, but would want people to feel comfortable also hosting small IRL events.

If we want to get really crazy we can have one internationally organized tournament that is a Hybrid On-line/IRL tournament, where in-person players play early rounds in person (if even 4 people show up to an event it is enough for 3 rounds round-robin) and later rounds on-line (using records and point totals as SOS cannot be used), but virtual attendees play all games on-line. This would allow rankings done for all players worldwide in a multi-site events. If we go this route we can even do multi-day - where later rounds are one day in later November, but earlier rounds can be scheduled different days in October or early November, based on availability whether done IRL or on-line.

Anyway I'd b willing to host, but want to see would others be willing to host a few people - we'd need 2-4x as many people hosing as traditional 10-30 person events, but we can help each other to organize for things like map selection and format, and I think it would be worth it. Am I out of line and dreaming at this thought, or any others willing to participate?
Old September 1st, 2020, 07:32 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: NHSD 2020 - Pandemic Edition

I would certainly participate in NHSD online events, but I think in-person events in NE are unlikely to happen that soon. The primary reason is MA's travel ban, which currently includes RI and is a fundamental road block to us (itsbuzzi & myself, at least) starting any kind of in-person events up again.
Old September 1st, 2020, 07:55 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: NHSD 2020 - Pandemic Edition

The Online Con team has some things in the works for a full online NHSD event that we should be announcing soon. Not going to stop anyone from hosting their own smaller in-person events though. But as Chris Perkins mentioned that's very geography dependent. Hope everyone is staying healthy!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day