Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 4th, 2019, 12:16 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Idaho NHSD 2019: Into the Wild

It's tournament time again! But this time it's not just any tournament...it's our National Heroscape Day!!! We're calling all Heroscapers from Idaho and Utah to come and enjoy in the mayhem.

*IMPORTANT NOTE: for those of you Utah boys, I'll be doing a game night "sleep over" the night before on Friday the 25th so that you can make a weekend of the tourney and not do all the driving in one day. For those interested in coming up early, save your spot now cause they'll go quickly. I can house up to 7 guys BUT keep in mind that there is a Queen Air Mattress (for 2), Guest room Queen (for 2), Game room Futon (1), Living room couch (for 1, 2 if you want to sleep on the short couch) and then we have Floor Memory Foam mattress (1). So those would be the sleeping arrangements. If nobody is comfortable with sharing a Queen, then I'll only have room for 5 of you, unless you're willing to take the carpet floor with a pillow and a sleepingbag...which is fine too. We had a blast last time, so let me know who's interested!*

The Format: INTO THE WILD
520 point armies; 24 Hex Limit; 55min game clock; 4 rounds. At least half (hopefully more/majority) of the maps will have Jungle on them.

House Rules Apply:
NOMarvel
C3V/SoV Allowed

This is a Swiss System tournament. Partial card scoring will be used. (If you kill 1 figure out of a squad of 3, then you will get partial points for killing that figure).

When:
Saturday October 26th, 2019 @11:30am
Setup/check-in @11:00am

Where:
Phoenix Fire Games
44 East Fairview Ave
Meridian, ID 83642

How Much: $5. All of it will go toward a prize as store credit. There will also be a prize table, so feel free to bring any Heroscape or non-Heroscape prizes for people to enjoy.

Food: Brief 30-45min lunch break after round 2
Parking: Parking Lot, plenty of space.

Materials: For those who are not Heroscape enthusiasts, or simply do not have a collection of their own contact me via PM and I can bring you an army no problem.

Start signing up and let us know if you have any questions!

Glyph Pool
Power Glyphs
Initiative +8
Move +2
Defense +1
Wannock (Wound Glyph)
Unique Attack +1
Lodin (D20 +1)
Treasure Glyph
Bracers of Teleportation
Brooch of Shielding
Belt of Giant Strength
Talisman of Defense
Giant Hunter Stone
Cloak of Invisibility
Elixir of Speed

Maps
Overgrown Ruins

Home of the Drudge

Lava Mound

Drying River

Belly of the Beast

Aaryglynn

Attendees
1. Sir Heroscape
2. @Jazack +1
3. Shane
4. Dallin
5. Josh
6. Ty Tolley +2
7. Forrest
8. Kyle
9. Ken

Maybes
1. Ken
2. Brian
3. @Leaf_It

Total = 12

Prize Table
1. Money pot (store credit)
2. Special NHSD prize ~donated by Sir Heroscape

I think these tags should cover just about everyone...
@Snowislife4 @SilentSecondary @BiggaBullfrog @TREX @Tiranx @UtahScott @The B.I.V. @dart48 @wjscaper @TheBlackN @podunksarmy @dreamscaper @Leaf_It @Ninjaman1993 @D4rthCaedus @lotr_fan2 @ortimus @CrashMan00 @HokshilaTo @Vivaldi @Jaromrw
@Starling_ @Hamadraith @El Donas @Herofly (if you happen to be in the area) @jrlightnin @BloodyVikingr @TIMOTHY @DaDude @kmgenius @The Dewk @DewNoHarm @DeathStryker @Sir Torin Brokenshield! @Aethiar @antmarchingroves @Flash_19 @Warband @Uklabokalala @Jazack @TrueMurray @Lt. Col. Melodias Munches @Isak @Ginja Ninja @tanmad21 @dgillis @Saints_Wrath

If I missed anyone on this "invite" list, just let me know!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; October 11th, 2019 at 06:21 PM.
Old October 4th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Idaho NHSD 2019: Into the Wild

Boo... You're supposed to pick a day I can come.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; October 4th, 2019 at 01:15 PM. Reason: That's quite the map list too... ;)
Old October 4th, 2019, 01:27 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Hahaha...well we're actually going to start doing Idaho monthlies now...since we've got enough guys out here with interest...so there should be plenty of opportunity.

shhh don't tell anyone about the maps...it's a secret

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 4th, 2019, 04:13 PM

Snowislife4 Woo who?

Do you think running Mok with Axegrinders and Shieldsmiths holds any competitive value in a 520 point army? There isn't any range other than Mok's gunners is the problem.
Old October 4th, 2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowislife4 View Post
Do you think running Mok with Axegrinders and Shieldsmiths holds any competitive value in a 520 point army? There isn't any range other than Mok's gunners is the problem.
Mok is a tough nut. This last tournament I just wanted to go with an "all-in" unit with the smaller point total. It worked for me...sort of. With a larger point format and a 1v1 setting I'd say it's harder to run Mok and Dwarves because you have to keep switching OM's between the 2 to maintain their value. Some might just play them separately. Meaning you use all your OM's on dwarves until they die and then switch over to Mok...or vice versa. Personally, it's probably not the most competitive...but then again with 520pts you can get Axegrinders X4, and Mok...and unbonding dwarves are surprisingly good. Overall, I'd say if you're looking to have some fun and mess around with something new...go for it. If you're looking for something a little more competitive, I'd say maybe not.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 4th, 2019, 04:40 PM

Snowislife4 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Mok is a tough nut. This last tournament I just wanted to go with an "all-in" unit with the smaller point total. It worked for me...sort of. With a larger point format and a 1v1 setting I'd say it's harder to run Mok and Dwarves because you have to keep switching OM's between the 2 to maintain their value. Some might just play them separately. Meaning you use all your OM's on dwarves until they die and then switch over to Mok...or vice versa. Personally, it's probably not the most competitive...but then again with 520pts you can get Axegrinders X4, and Mok...and unbonding dwarves are surprisingly good. Overall, I'd say if you're looking to have some fun and mess around with something new...go for it. If you're looking for something a little more competitive, I'd say maybe not.
Ok cool. I just like the idea of using Mok and having fun with an army is more important to me. I'll have to try and get ahold of axegrinders then. Is proxying units allowed for the tournament?
Old October 4th, 2019, 05:07 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Hahaha...well we're actually going to start doing Idaho monthlies now...since we've got enough guys out here with interest...so there should be plenty of opportunity.

Lol - I should read your edit comments more often Bigga.

And Sir H, I do the same thing when I host mini tournaments at my place.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old October 4th, 2019, 05:17 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

You don't use the tundra set either? Sad day, I love that set.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; October 4th, 2019 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Edit comments are the best place to hide messages and Easter eggs
Old October 4th, 2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok cool. I just like the idea of using Mok and having fun with an army is more important to me. I'll have to try and get ahold of axegrinders then. Is proxying units allowed for the tournament?
Don’t worry about what you do and don’t have...I’ve got it all...just borrow my figures if that’s what you wanna run.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 4th, 2019, 06:18 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

You don't use the tundra set either? Sad day, I love that set.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old October 6th, 2019, 11:28 PM

Snowislife4 Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Don’t worry about what you do and don’t have...I’ve got it all...just borrow my figures if that’s what you wanna run.
I just thought about it but do you think the 80 point Raelin would be good for the extra 2 defence. It would make OMs difficult to place and it leaves me with 10 points if I'm running Mok, 3x Axegrinders, and Raelin.
Old October 7th, 2019, 12:00 AM

Raelin is always good...but the only downside to Raelin is that she kinda limits where you can fight the battle with the extra defense. An aura of 4 is pretty great, but it can also limit you if you just try to stay within it. I think it'll also help Mok survive for sure, but I'd try playtesting it once or twice and see if your strategy works or if you need the extra axegrinders.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day