Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 24th, 2019, 02:37 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
How often do y'all get together?
Honestly? Super infrequently. This year may have been the first time since the game was in production that we met outside of NHSD.
Nope ... third, I think. There was that time you got us together at ... Game Empire, maybe? And some guy tried to buy our fire elementals so he could hack them up and use them for D&D or something. And there was one other time that boom organized, which I don't think you were there for. Quillon was quite young at the time but got some lucky rolls in and managed to beat boom, which they were so proud about. And I had a weird all-scout army with SIlver Surfer in it or somesuch. Pretty sure that's all of 'em tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
Not that we wouldn't be opposed to more.
No, certainly not. We just suck at getting organized.

Quote:
If I were able to host something in November or December how would I notify y'all about it? Could whoever's interested PM me their emails & I'll save a list?
I have a list; you could send it to me and I could forward. But I'll warn ya: with all the holidays jammed in there, that's a really tough time to get something set up. But my crew and I would certainly try to make it if possible. It's just really hard to get scheduled then. I would love to see us do 3 events a year: late winter/early spring, summer, and then NHSD. I think that would be awesome. It's just really hard to get everyone organized.

What general area do you live in? and how much room do you have for hosting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 25th, 2019, 05:51 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Okay, as hopefully everyone was just notified via email, we are postponing the NHSD event for this year due to unavoidable conflicts amongst several of us who are responsible for hosting and organizing and bringing things. I'm really sorry for the late notice, everyone, but we just thought it would be better to postpone and possibly get a better turnout than try to scramble around at the last minute and reorganize everything for a small group of attendees. I think of those who previously said they were coming only @superfrog hasn't already been notified, so I apologize most profusely to him.

But, let's look at this as an opportunity to plan a bigger, better event! The biggest challenge will be that wnfb's apartment complex rec room is going to start undergoing renovations soon, so we'll have to identify an alternate venue, which is a real shame because his place is so perfect. But we soldier on! I know that @Knox up above suggested hosting, and I have done the same, although I think my place is better suited for a smaller group, so that may not work for this particular occasion. But of course there are also several local game stores, which often love to entertain big groups, given sufficient notice. Game Empire, for instance, has hosted us several times in the past—they aren't my favorite, by a long shot, but they're certainly better than nothing. But there's also Paper Hero's, where we had our summer event, and I threw out Emerald Knights, which I know nothing about in terms of how easy it is to reserve space, but I was in there once and really dug the layout. So, you know ... there are options.

We also tossed around the idea of holding the event on a Sunday instead, which is much easier for several of us. I would love to hear from everyone if that is (or isn't) an option for you.

Anyway, let's figure out when a good substitute date would be and get something going! I'm looking forward to the chance to get together and play again soon.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 25th, 2019, 11:14 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Ah, too bad. Hopefully it works out for the best, though.

I can do November 9, 16, or 30.

Maybe this will give us time to come up with armies using this week's new C3V figures!
Old October 25th, 2019, 12:01 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

Sorry about the short notice also.
I’m sure we’ll be able to get more participants though.
11/9 isn’t good for me.
I’m open to Sundays.
Old October 25th, 2019, 12:29 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can do Nov 9, 23, or Dec 7, if I have enough notice. And we have a large living room with about a 12ft dining room table. Also have some 8-10ft folding tables we can setup on the back patio or living room. I can host 20 people comfortably, and fit probably 35. I'll have terrain enough for 5-7 maps here. Although most of it is basic terrain, if you want cooler features on the maps you'll need to bring your own trees, glaciers, FotA, & whatnot.

And @Xotli I am in Downtown Riverside.

Last note: I cannot host into the evening on all those days. Most likely I can host from 9am-3/4pm; but we often host dinner events starting around 5:30-6:00pm on Saturday nights (probably the coolest community-forming thing I've ever gotten to be a part of) that you'd all be welcome to stay for, I'm sure.

Last edited by Knox; October 27th, 2019 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Get rid of my email address
Old October 25th, 2019, 06:59 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Hey guys! Sorry for the late reply. It’s a bummer we aren’t doing this year. But just keep me notified. I’ll send a message with the best email to contact me.

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old October 27th, 2019, 01:25 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I can do November 9, 16, or 30.
I'm good for all those, I think. Other than next weekend (which isn't really an option anyway), the only Sat or Sun that I think is out for us the rest of the year is 12/14, and we may even be able to flexible on that. The weekend between Christmas and New Year's wouldn't be ideal, obviously, but we would at least consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Maybe this will give us time to come up with armies using this week's new C3V figures!
Sure. Although I don't have that many of the new guys ... I have Brontos, and technically I have Martuk, although so far I've had zero luck getting her to stay on a base for more than 5 minutes without falling on her face. Oh, and I probably have Deltacron ... I bought that whole pack, so he's bound to be around here somewhere. I don't think I have anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
11/9 isn’t good for me.
I’m open to Sundays.
Yeah, I'm good for Sundays as well. How many other people could do a Sunday? We could double our potential dates ...

Quote:
I can do Nov 9, 23, or Dec 7, if I have enough notice.
So, lining up those 3 sets, that only leaves 12/7. Unless we can throw the Sundays in there.

Quote:
And we have a large living room with about a 12ft dining room table. Also have some 8-10ft folding tables we can setup on the back patio or living room. I can host 20 people comfortably, and fit probably 35.
Oh, you totally win. I think our dining room table is 8ft, tops. Certainly no more than 3 maps (of standard-ish tourney width) long, and crowded at that. We have a bunch of extra tables, but they're spread out all over the place, and some are in less convenient rooms. So, space-wise at the least, it seems like your place is a much more comfortable venue.

Quote:
I'll have terrain enough for 5-7 maps here. Although most of it is basic terrain, if you want cooler features on the maps you'll need to bring your own trees, glaciers, FotA, & whatnot.
The terrain shouldn't be an issue. Even only considering hivelord, wnfb, and superfrog, there's enough for quite a lot of maps, and Dman has a bunch too, although ISTR that sometimes it's hard to get to (in storage, perhaps?). And I have a buttload, but it's organized very poorly, so I always duck out of bringing maps whenever possible. But I will when necessary, of course.

Quote:
And ... I am in Downtown Riverside.
Well, that's a bit of a trek for me and my crew ... I'd say an hour-and-a-half, minimum. Worse if the traffic is bad. But, again, if that's our best bet, I will make it happen.

Quote:
Also, my email is [REDACTED] if you want to add me to that email list.
Already done. Although I wouldn't leave your email addy on the open forum like that; you're liable to be spammed to death.

Quote:
Last note: I cannot host into the evening on all those days. Most likely I can host from 9am-3/4pm; ...
Well, with that long of a drive back, I wouldn't be looking to stay too late anyway. But I'm also not sure how early we could reasonably get there either; I have issues wrangling all my crew to get to wnfb's place by 11a, and he's only half an hour away. But, you know ... if everyone seems into it, I would certainly do my best to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Hey guys! Sorry for the late reply. It’s a bummer we aren’t doing this year. But just keep me notified. I’ll send a message with the best email to contact me.
Updated your email, Leo. Hopefully it's not the case that we're not doing it this year. Hopefully we're just doing it late. Hopefully.

So! I would say our two number one most important questions to resolve are:

• Do we want to try to use Knox's place? or do we want to find someplace more central and, if so, where?
  • Can we do it on a Sunday, or are we limited to only eight more possible days this year, 4 of which have already been elmiinated above and 2 of which are butted up against holidays, realistically leaving only 2 potential dates?
Love to hear everyone chime on those two points.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 27th, 2019, 03:52 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sundays are tough for me. I'm a Christian and go to church in the morning, and then our family always gets together to watch a recording of the Vikings game. So if I'm hosting, it's possible to do a Sunday, but unlikely
Old October 29th, 2019, 02:55 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Sundays are tough for me. I'm a Christian and go to church in the morning, and then our family always gets together to watch a recording of the Vikings game. So if I'm hosting, it's possible to do a Sunday, but unlikely
That's fair. Anyone else want to weigh in?

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old November 2nd, 2019, 03:54 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Anyone else want to weigh in?

I want to keep this front-of-mind for everyone until we come up with a plan.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old November 7th, 2019, 01:11 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

again.

Are there any opportunities for a gameday before the end of the year, or are we doomed to wait until next year?

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old November 7th, 2019, 01:22 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think I’ve listed my Saturdays that I’m free. This week is probably out, though, due to it being short notice.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day