Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 22nd, 2019, 03:16 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart
NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2019

All is negotiable!
First you must quickly let us know if Saturday, 12/7, is not possible.
And please give us an idea of whether you plan on attending, can't make it or just don't know.
Thanks!

Hello all diehard 'scapers,
Saturday, 12-7-2019, again at warriorneedsfoodbadly's apartment complex rec. room at
14960 Sherman Way, Olive Tree Apartments, Van Nuys, 91405.
Hours are 8AM – 11PM. If necessary we may enter before 8AM.
There are enough tables/chairs for 6 games, so if more than 12 players show up, we'll need more equipment.
Anyone wanting to stay for non-Heroscape gaming afterwards is more than welcome!
There is a small kitchen for food prep, and storage.
There is a boys' restroom and a girls' restroom.
If you want alcohol, we suggest you wait until after the tournament and bring your own supply.
There is a good deal of parking (do not use the church parking at the Kester intersection),
but try and carpool because there is a lot of competition for those spots.

Location: warriorneedsfoodbadly's clubhouse in Van Nuys (map)
Date: Saturday, 12/7
Time: 11:00 AM check-in, begin play whenever, no breaks for food, so bring lunch/snacks!, free play and pizza (not free) afterwards

Rules:
Format: whatever we feel like!
Cost: $8 per player for rental of space.
Armies: we often play 520pts, 24 spaces, with restricted lists (but we're going to be winging it this year!)
VC: Allowed.
Marvel: Allowed
Glyphs: sure, why not?

Must Bring: Army or armies; army cards; dice; order markers; wound markers; special markers if appropriate.
Can Bring: Terrain for mapbuilding; snacks/drinks.

Last edited by warriorneedsfoodbadly; December 4th, 2019 at 11:13 PM. Reason: All systems go
Old September 23rd, 2019, 09:56 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2019

I'm planning to come!

I don't really care if the format is very tournament-y. Last year was pretty fun but we can go more casual if people want.
Old September 28th, 2019, 01:42 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
Date: Saturday, 11/3
Saturday 11/2, you mean? 11/3 is a Sunday.

So 10/26 is not workable then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I don't really care if the format is very tournament-y. Last year was pretty fun but we can go more casual if people want.
Last year was pretty non-tournament-y, overall. I just slapped some structure on it so we can give out prizes at the end. We can easily do something along those lines again. That is, not an official tourney, but some sort of format where we can do at least a few prizes. Or we don't have to do even that much, if you guys don't want. But i think the younger kids may enjoy winning stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 29th, 2019, 11:58 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

I wrote 10/26 3 times in this and the calendar post but you did find 11/3 as one date I failed to convert for this year. I’ll change it.
Old September 30th, 2019, 02:54 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
I wrote 10/26 3 times in this and the calendar post but you did find 11/3 as one date I failed to convert for this year. I’ll change it.
What can I say? It sorta jumped out at me.

We need more eyeballs on this. I think that, despite my protestations to the contrary, I will send out one more group email. There's at least one email address I corrected, and at least one that submitted their address after the fact. After that, tho, I'll chill out on the off-forum comms.

Our #1 priority should be figuring out the format. 10/26 (assuming that ends up being our firm date) is less than a month away. Whether it's casual or more formal, we still need to know what to tell people to bring, figure out what maps to assign out, etc.

A close second is to solidify that date. If 10/26 isn't workable for anyone, please speak up now, 'cause it's looking like that's going to be the actual date at this point.

EDIT: Email sent.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V

Last edited by Xotli; September 30th, 2019 at 03:31 AM. Reason: added update
Old September 30th, 2019, 04:48 AM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

My friend is supposed to be having his annual Halloween party that we attend every year on the 26th. I’m double checking with him on the time, maybe I can pop in for a quick hello before or for games after. I might be able to do the 2nd, but I also agreed to do DnD that day so I’d have to see if people would be willing to start after heroscape. If the 26th already works for everyone else I am okay missing...It will be incentive for me to get some people to play again sooner than later.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old October 2nd, 2019, 05:35 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can go that day but do also have a Halloween party that evening so I'd only be able to stay until 5 or so. October is just kinda a crazy month for me. I think the pops said he is busy that day but I'll double check. Sorry for being pretty checked out.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old October 3rd, 2019, 11:39 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

I'm fine with either 10/26 or 11/2 ... anyone else want to weigh in?

No one has commented on format (other than to say fairly vaguely that "less formal is fine" ). I am, as always perfectly happy for a less formal format, but I think we should (at a minimum) address these issues:
  • What's wnfb going to do with the leftover money he usually gives out as prizes?
  • Do we still need to plan on which maps to build so people know what terrain to bring, or are we thinking we just can completely wing it?

Hoping we can figure out some stuff soon so I can figure out what I need to print, prep, etc.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 4th, 2019, 05:49 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I could probably stay a bit later on 11/2

[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old October 6th, 2019, 02:59 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
I could probably stay a bit later on 11/2
I'm mostly okay with that. It's butting right up against my birthday, but the advantage would be that the Smaller Animal (and maybe the littlest one too, I can't recall) is coming home from a camping trip on 10/25, so they might be kinda tuckered out on the 26th. But I don't particularly have a strong preference either way.

And still no comments on format! C'mon people! Chime in.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 10th, 2019, 04:53 PM

Have we settled on a day?

Old October 10th, 2019, 07:17 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
Have we settled on a day?
Nope. And I kinda need to know that soon-ish. @warriorneedsfoodbadly , could you do 11/2 instead if that works for more folks? And @superfrog , I can't remember what you said about 11/2 (if anything) ... it sounds like @Detrimentalman may have to leave early no matter which day it works out to be.

And no responses from anyone else at all, I don't think.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day