Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 3rd, 2018, 08:34 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
IDAHO NHSD - 600pt RtW

It's tournament time again! But this time it's not just any tournament...it's our National Heroscape Day!!! We're calling all Heroscapers from Idaho and Utah to come and enjoy in the mayhem.

*IMPORTANT NOTE: for those of you Utah boys, I'll be doing a game night "sleep over" the night before on Friday the 2nd so that you can make a weekend of the tourney and not do all the driving in one day. For those interested in coming up early, save your spot now cause they'll go quickly. I can house up to 7 guys BUT keep in mind that there is a Queen Air Mattress (for 2), Guest room Queen (for 2), Game room Futon (1), Living room couch (for 1, 2 if you want to sleep on the short couch) and then we have Floor Memory Foam mattress (1). So those would be the sleeping arrangements. If nobody is comfortable with sharing a Queen, then I'll only have room for 5 of you, unless you're willing to take the carpet floor with a pillow and a sleepingbag...which is fine too. We had a blast last time, so let me know who's interested!*

The Format: REVERSE THE WHIP!
600 point armies; 18 Figure Limit; 55min game clock; 5 rounds. Round 1 you play YOUR Army, Round 2 you play your OPPONENTS Army and then keep switching each round.

House Rules Apply:
NOMarvel or HoSS
C3V Allowed

This is a Swiss System tournament. Partial card scoring will be used. (If you kill 1 figure out of a squad of 3, then you will get partial points for killing that figure).

When:
Saturday November 3rd, 2018 @11:00am
Setup/check-in @10:30am

Where:
Gameopolis
1150 S Blvd, Idaho Falls, ID 83402

How Much: $5. All of it will go toward a prize as store credit. There will also be a prize table, so feel free to bring any Heroscape or non-Heroscape prizes for people to enjoy.

Food: Brief 30-45min lunch break.
Parking: Street parking

Materials: For those who are not Heroscape enthusiasts, or simply do not have a collection of their own contact me via PM and I can bring you an army no problem.

Start signing up and let us know if you have any questions!

Glyph Pool
Power Glyphs
Initiative +8
Move +2
Defense +1
Wannock (Wound Glyph)
Unique Attack +1
Lodin (D20 +1)
Treasure Glyph
Bracers of Teleportation
Brooch of Shielding
Belt of Giant Strength
Talisman of Defense
Giant Hunter Stone
Cloak of Invisibility
Elixir of Speed

Maps
High Ways or the Highway by @1Mmirg

Hellsgate by @mad_wookiee

Royal Gardens by @Flash_19

From the Ashes by @BiggaBullfrog

Bad Moon Rising by @GameBear

Volcalla Rift by @Nomad

Marsh Manor by @brandonwiker

Unknown by @Flash_19

Attendees
1. Sir Heroscape
2. Lady Heroscape
3. Amber
4. Rob
5. BiggaBullfrog
6. Leaf_it
7. TrueMurray
8. TREX (+1?)
9. Grant
10. Ben W. (+1)
11. Dreamscaper
12. Dart48

Maybes
1. Hamadraith

Total = 15

Prize Table
1. Money pot (store credit)
2. Special NHSD prize ~donated by Sir Heroscape

I think these tags should cover just about everyone...
@BiggaBullfrog @TREX @Tiranx @UtahScott @The B.I.V. @dart48 @wjscaper @TheBlackN @podunksarmy @dreamscaper @Leaf_It @Ninjaman1993 @D4rthCaedus @lotr_fan2 @ortimus @CrashMan00 @HokshilaTo @Vivaldi @Jaromrw
@Starling_ @Hamadraith @El Donas @Herofly (if you happen to be in the area) @jrlightnin @BloodyVikingr @TIMOTHY @DaDude @kmgenius @The Dewk @DewNoHarm @DeathStryker @Sir Torin Brokenshield! @Aethiar @antmarchingroves @Flash_19 @Warband @Uklabokalala @Jazack @TrueMurray @Lt. Col. Melodias Munches @Isak @Ginja Ninja @tanmad21 @dgillis @Saints_Wrath

If I missed anyone on this "invite" list, just let me know!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; November 1st, 2018 at 01:13 AM.
Old October 5th, 2018, 03:03 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: IDAHO NHSD - 600pt RtW

Still figuring out if Im going but I have the funniest army Im thinking of bringing. Its an army Ive never seen played before. It will be equally fun to play for me and my opponents.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 5th, 2018, 03:29 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Still figuring out if Im going but I have the funniest army Im thinking of bringing. Its an army Ive never seen played before. It will be equally fun to play for me and my opponents.
All the more reason to make sure you can make it . It wouldn’t be Idaho NHSD without TREX!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 7th, 2018, 04:55 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sweeeeet, using one of my maps! I'm excited for that. I'd love to hear feedback from anyone that plays it!

Did you guys give any thought to using the second version I posted way back when?
Marsh Manor V2

With this one:
-I moved some of the bushes so that they covered less of the high ground
-More castle walls used (extra LOS blockage is what I went for)
-I believe the old Wannok in the low swamp area was changed into Gerda in this version.

I don't know if you guys even plan to use Astrid glyph (I understand it is a bit OP, probably could be swapped to Unique Atk +1 instead) but my reasoning for changing Wannok to Gerda was because I believed the need of taking Astrid and the upper area was far stronger than to try and occupy the low ground and Wannok, and I believed Gerda would help keep action near that lower swamp, but also provide a reasonable boost (I like Gerda more than Wannok, not sure how everyone else feels)

Anyway, I appreciate that you guys are using either version, have fun!
Old October 7th, 2018, 07:17 PM

@brandonwiker yeah I’ve always liked Marsh Manor, though I do prefer the original (except for Astrid which I’ll switch out). I’ve had a lot of fun on it and so I figure it’s about time we brought it to a tourney.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 7th, 2018, 07:45 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Six hundred points! I love it. I hope you guys have a great time.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 8th, 2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Six hundred points! I love it. I hope you guys have a great time.
Haha yeah, I wanted something a little more unique. 600pt RtW with 18figure limit should get some really fun/interesting builds I'd think.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 12th, 2018, 12:32 PM

IMPORTANT

The location we usually play at in Pocatello only opens now on Saturdays at 3:00pm. I'll be looking for a better spot to play at. It's very likely we'll do it here in Idaho Falls because the game store here opens @11am and that will be early enough for us to get in our tourney and give the Utah guys time to still drive home at a reasonable hour. Since most of our guys are Rexburg, Idaho Falls area, I think this will work best (since Utah guys will be staying the night at my place anyway), though that just means a little more driving for you @TREX (if you're able to make it) and you @dart48 . But I'll try to get the new location finalized by this weekend.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 12th, 2018, 03:09 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
IMPORTANT

The location we usually play at in Pocatello only opens now on Saturdays at 3:00pm. I'll be looking for a better spot to play at. It's very likely we'll do it here in Idaho Falls because the game store here opens @11am and that will be early enough for us to get in our tourney and give the Utah guys time to still drive home at a reasonable hour. Since most of our guys are Rexburg, Idaho Falls area, I think this will work best (since Utah guys will be staying the night at my place anyway), though that just means a little more driving for you @TREX (if you're able to make it) and you @dart48 . But I'll try to get the new location finalized by this weekend.
Fine with me. I can just game with you guys the night before and stay with inlaws in IF. My wife will like that. Not sure if my brothers will come though.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 12th, 2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
IMPORTANT

Fine with me. I can just game with you guys the night before and stay with inlaws in IF. My wife will like that. Not sure if my brothers will come though.
Hey that sounds great! I'll put you down as a YES for the tourney and gamenight then?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 17th, 2018, 02:24 PM

@Flash_19 @antmarchingroves are we gunna be graced with your presence for the tourney on the 3rd and/or the game night the night before?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 17th, 2018, 04:46 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
@Flash_19 @antmarchingroves are we gunna be graced with your presence for the tourney on the 3rd and/or the game night the night before?
So I'm not positive, but it's looking like I won't be able to - so don't plan on me being there. And if I came, I would only be able to come for the tournament on Saturday - but that's not looking very likely. Sorry! Thanks for the invite though.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day