Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 6th, 2018, 02:20 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2018

Nailed down another person on my side: we're up to 9 now!

Anyone (e.g. @superfrog , @hivelord , @warriorneedsfoodbadly ) want to comment on my first attempt at a combo map (last post)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 6th, 2018, 05:06 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

It says the PDF can't be loaded.

In other news, I am looking to sell some of the stuff I picked up in my aforementioned lot.

Many of you probably have all this stuff already, but it might have some good stuff for anybody who's just starting out (@DjKniteX). Check my sig.

My collection now includes a full castle set (except the pillars, but enough for most tourney maps) and a full road set. Unfortunately, that's still not enough to build any of the maps you've listed. Maybe Highways and Dieways if somebody would bring another set of trees.
Old October 7th, 2018, 02:43 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
It says the PDF can't be loaded.
Yeah, I get that when I try to bring it up in the browser too. Try saving it to your hard drive somewhere and double-click on it in whichever flavor of Explorer you have. I'm running VS on a Linux box through Wine, so my options for producing a PDF are somewhat lmiited, I fear ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
My collection now includes a full castle set (except the pillars, but enough for most tourney maps) and a full road set. Unfortunately, that's still not enough to build any of the maps you've listed. Maybe Highways and Dieways if somebody would bring another set of trees.
Enh. I updated the spreadsheet anyway. We'll see what it comes down when I really start digging in. Right now we need 3 combo maps (a.k.a. 6 regular maps), which is probably not too hard, given what I know wnfb and hivelord and I have. If we need to go to 8, though, it'll be ... more challenging.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 7th, 2018, 08:28 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

Looking good. Nothing to add to the purple sections. Thank you!
Old October 8th, 2018, 04:45 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It is downloading corrupted and unreadable, but I trust you.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old October 9th, 2018, 05:42 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
Looking good. Nothing to add to the purple sections. Thank you!
Well, any thoughts on how to answer any of those purple things with question marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
It is downloading corrupted and unreadable, but I trust you.
Okay, try it again; I think I fixed it. If nothing else, I added an image to the download page, so there's something to look at. (You too, @superfrog .)

April + A Couple Puddles == April Puddles (bridge)

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 14th, 2018, 01:56 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Any more thoughts from anyone (@superfrog or @hivelord or @warriorneedsfoodbadly or @Detrimentalman )? I'm trying hard to wrap up a huge $work project this weekend (or at least get it to the point where people stop asking me about it all the time ), so hopefully starting next week I'll have some more time to devote to this. I want to finish up the combo map bridges, and maybe sketch up some army sheets (esp for the bonus pool), and I proably have to update my partial points scoring sheet, and then I'll have to work out who's bringing what map(s), and ... whew! Lots to do.

But of course we have to nail down all those purple bits so people can start planning armies. Oh, yeah: I gotta start planning armies too.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 14th, 2018, 01:45 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

I should be able to do a map if needed. Otherwise, I think I made all my comments. Don’t really care about the tournament so whatever format we go with is fine by me.

Thanks for all the work Xotli!

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old October 15th, 2018, 03:23 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Okay, I've done another combo map: Ruins at Pine Tree Marsh + Burial Marsh == Pine Tree Burial Marsh. I only had to go up to level 2 this time, but the challenge for this one is that the maps fit together too well ... in my initial effort, they were dovetailed so perfectly that you could just step off your start zone and onto the other map. And I didn't think that was particularly desireable, so I pulled them apart one hex and made the bridge a bit more literal. Again, love to hear opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrimentalman View Post
I should be able to do a map if needed.
Yeah? you think you can do a combo map (i.e. two BoV/ARV maps plus some bridge pieces)? I'm looking at your set count on my spreadsheet and I'm thinking you probably could ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrimentalman View Post
Otherwise, I think I made all my comments. Don’t really care about the tournament so whatever format we go with is fine by me.
Well, sure, but somebody has to answer all them there questions. I'm just hoping you guys will jump in here at some point and help me out. I'm gonna let Marvel up in here if nobody stops me soon!

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 15th, 2018, 11:57 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

That combo looks like it works great. I'm definitely in favor of them not joining up instantaneously.
Old October 15th, 2018, 04:15 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm having a bit of trouble visualizing the combo maps. I'm slightly concerned about the one-hex bridges being too much of a choke-point but we can see how it plays.

The pop can make it!

As for the format, wouldn't everyone have to bring a second army so as to guarantee that there will be a pool to choose from for those playing alone?

You keep wanting Marvel, and I'm not opposed to it per-se but the A and A- ones should absolutely be on the restricted list if so.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old October 15th, 2018, 04:19 PM
This is merely a joke.

It took me a second, too.

Xoti has just mapped out the edge pieces in those files, I think.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day