Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 17th, 2018, 01:57 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Hexes in Texas - Dallas / Ft Worth NHSD 2018

13th Annual Hexes In Texas
National Heroscape Day and Tournament

Details
When: Saturday, October 20th, 2018
noon to 4ish pm; we will play at least 3 rounds or up to 5 depending on how many players we get.
Where:
Plaid Hat Games
15928 Midway Rd.
Addison, TX 75001
truth has so graciously agreed to have the event at Plaid Hat Games in Addison. You will need to bring your own refreshments. There will be a pizza order placed as we kick things off. If you want to join in the pizza, bring some cash. We will drum up an order below. There is very little within walking distance. This is right outside Addison airport at Keller Springs and Midway.
Entry Fee: None

Prizes: Bring an item for the prize table if you like, not required.
It can be anything you think the group might like. Most people will be bringing stuff in the range of $10-$20. This can include games, comics, books, DVDs, etc.....even pineapples. Used items are certainly acceptable, but please not used pineapples.
Tournament Format:
Double Blind - Kill 'em all!!
Army Construction:
  • Point limit: 475
  • Starting spaces: 24 hexes
  • No marvel allowed
  • Restricted List: Each army can only have one card which is on the restricted list below (you can have multiples of the same common). Example: An army can have Raelin, but then you can't have Krav, or rats, etc. If you have Major Q9, you can't have Stingers, etc.
  • You may only field up to 3 sets of any common unit on the restricted list. I.E. only 3 sets of 4th mass allowed in your army.
Restricted List:
Spoiler Alert!

Maps

Spoiler Alert!

Glyphs

Spoiler Alert!

Attendees:
1. R˙chean
2. Dignan
3. Astroking112
4. Angi
5. Chris
6. Nathan
7. Ian
8. Loken
9. Taylor
10. Leo Ultra
11. AnubianWolf88
12. rym
13. Nightwing
14. Austin
15. Eli
16. Callin

RESULTS

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; October 20th, 2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old September 17th, 2018, 05:12 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Hexes in Texas - Dallas / Ft Worth NHSD 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Details
When: Saturday, October 20th, 2016
noon to 4ish pm; we will play at least 3 rounds or up to 5 depending on how many players we get.
I was really excited for this, until I saw that I was two years too late.

In all seriousness, I'll definitely be there. Now that we have a time and date, I'll also see how many more people I can drum up.

Also, I'm pretty sure that I already know the answer, but just in case... there's no C3V or SoV units allowed, right? I just want to make sure when I'm deciding how to best spread out my collection for everyone.

Attendees:
1. R˙chean
2. Dignan
3. Astroking112
4. Angi
5. Chris
6. Nathan
7. Ian
8. Loken
9. Taylor
10. Leo Ultra

Pizza Participants & Preferences:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Astroking112; September 18th, 2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old September 17th, 2018, 05:41 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

yeah i am a cut and paste fool; I fogot to update the year.

C3v or sov are not allowed but, as always, whatever I have in my collection is available to borrow for the event.

Old September 17th, 2018, 05:44 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Alright, thanks for the offer! I'll see what I can do with the classic stuff that I have and let you know if people want to use things that I can't provide.
Old September 17th, 2018, 06:46 PM

Oh and the point total was a hold over as well. Sorry; Point total is 475.

Thanks!!!!

Old September 17th, 2018, 06:49 PM

Ah, thanks for updating that! I'll make sure that everyone knows the new point total.
Old September 19th, 2018, 05:32 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Attendees:
1. R˙chean
2. Dignan
3. Astroking112
4. Angi
5. Chris
6. Nathan
7. Ian
8. Loken
9. Taylor
10. Leo Ultra
11. AnubianWolf88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old September 19th, 2018, 06:57 PM

Hey @R˙chean and @Dignan , any chance that this tournament might have C3V's Special Release for NHSD Tournaments on the prize table? I know that neither of you are big on VC, but the units are typically pretty neat and it could be a good prize candidate.
Old September 24th, 2018, 05:24 PM

I am looking to finalize maps by the end of the month.

Any maps that any of you want me to consider for this event?

Last edited by R˙chean; September 24th, 2018 at 05:24 PM. Reason: asking for map input?? shocking I know!
Old September 24th, 2018, 09:12 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I nominate Overgrown by rym. It’s a pretty awesome map if I do say so myself. Just ask DrL.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; September 24th, 2018 at 09:13 PM. Reason: I know Dignan has a map called Overgrown, but mines cooler. Cuz I said so ;-)
Old September 25th, 2018, 10:22 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What about Montfre Manor by Sir Heroscape? Looks cool.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old September 26th, 2018, 11:01 PM

I'd love the chance to get to play on the Shattered Plains. That map always looked cool, but the terrain requirements make it difficult to make. Similarly, Valor's Vale also looks like a unique map to play on. I know that both of these maps are probably a long shot, but I thought I might as well still suggest them.

For something a little bit more conventional, I thought that Fulcrum was well-designed when I played on it at GenCon, and I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day