Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 14th, 2017, 09:55 PM

Josephus has disabled reputation
Re: Florida Frenzy 10! (Fall 2017)

Nov 11th is a good date to aim for.
Old October 15th, 2017, 01:02 PM

randomskyfears is surprisingly tart

I'm for the 11th at Waterford Lakes (I thought the Sci-Fi City was depressing in their new location) as it now looks like I might be out of town on the 3rd
Old October 15th, 2017, 03:15 PM

Given the choice I'd vote for Waterford Lakes too, but location is secondary to date from my perspective.
Old October 15th, 2017, 03:17 PM

DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby!

WHOOHOO! my boy were just asking me when we were gonna do this again!

the 11th or the 18th would work for me, really any of the Orlando locations work
(CSI Maitland, CSI Waterford Park, or SciFi City) Personally I prefer CSI Waterford but its not a big deal.

I most likely will have at least 2 of my boys (the 3rd has started playing and is enjoying it quite a bit. Also My Cousin might come too.

So it could be me +4 but at least me +2

DocBlizz is Otonashi...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old October 15th, 2017, 03:34 PM

DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomskyfears View Post
I'm for the 11th at Waterford Lakes (I thought the Sci-Fi City was depressing in their new location) as it now looks like I might be out of town on the 3rd
Yeah I cant make it the 3rd either
Edit:
ok I guess it would help if I just read the thread instead of the OP and jump in like an excited school girl

I told my boys and they immediately broke out the cards and started building their armies LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
I finally heard back from Cool Stuff Maitland, and the only option for a tournament is on Nov. 3rd, which at least Josephus can't make. I still think Nov. 11th is a good date, and Sci-Fi City or Cool Stuff Waterford Lakes can host us again. So the new options are:

1) Have the tournament at Sci-Fi City or Cool Stuff Waterford Lakes on Saturday, Nov. 11th
2) Wait until December and have it at Cool Stuff in Maitland
3) Have it in another city

Please let me know which Saturday dates in November you are free, and which option you want. We'll finalize maps in the next couple weeks.
Sat the 11th I think I can make work for us.

and Cool Stuff Waterford is my vote...I wasn't Impressed with SiFicity and the guys at CSI have always been pretty cool by me.

DocBlizz is Otonashi...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by DocBlizz; October 15th, 2017 at 03:55 PM. Reason: didnt read the whole thread
Old October 17th, 2017, 10:38 AM

phrost Woo who?

I am out of town both those november 3rd and will be at the EDC on Nov 11th. My work schedule is all over the place. Weekdays work just as well as weekends for me. If i know 6weeks in advance i can schedule myself off most of the time.

Shoot'em in the Face
Old October 17th, 2017, 08:40 PM

Ginyu is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I'm still good for any days.
Old October 25th, 2017, 10:28 AM

So whats going on with this? I kinda need to Nail down the date

DocBlizz is Otonashi...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old October 25th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!

The 11th is as good a day as any for me. I don’t know if I will make it, but I will try.

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old October 26th, 2017, 09:55 AM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Update: Cool Stuff Games --Waterford can host us on November 11th, so that is what we'll shoot for. If you can, please confirm your ability to attend. If we don't have enough (~8?), then we'll push it back to the 18th or later.

I'll post maps needed within the week, and then we'll need a few volunteers to bring and set them up.

Finally, there was a question as to format, so please vote:
Would you like to be able to play "C3V/SOV" figures (a.k.a., "official" fan-made expansions) at this tournament? What about Marvel?
Old October 26th, 2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
Update: Cool Stuff Games --Waterford can host us on November 11th, so that is what we'll shoot for. If you can, please confirm your ability to attend. If we don't have enough (~8?), then we'll push it back to the 18th or later.

I'll post maps needed within the week, and then we'll need a few volunteers to bring and set them up.

Finally, there was a question as to format, so please vote:
Would you like to be able to play "C3V/SOV" figures (a.k.a., "official" fan-made expansions) at this tournament? What about Marvel?

Me and at least 3 more will be there.

for c3v/SOV figures I say yes.

We allowed Marvel at the last Meetup and no one brought it so I'm fine including it again, I like having more options.

DocBlizz is Otonashi...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by DocBlizz; October 26th, 2017 at 02:02 PM.
Old October 26th, 2017, 10:10 PM

I agree that having more options is better; especially in a game like Heroscape. However, I don't think C3V / SOV figures should be allowed in tournaments as I consider them as home play units only. I want to play a Heroscape tournament and not a fan created version.

I enjoy the game of Heroscape, but I have no interest in playing a copy of the game designed by a bunch of strangers on the Internet. There is sufficient depth in army construction from the official releases to offer significant variety.

I just don't see what's fun about sitting down to play an opponent who's army is compiled of made up figures. I have no idea what these units are or what they do. I haven't even considered these units when I've built my army and I care so little about them that I have no desire to learn.

I've always seen Marvel as a stand alone version of Heroscape. Given a choice I wouldn't include these troops either, but their inclusion is minimal in comparison to C3V / SOV.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day