Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old December 12th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
12 Great Things with TheAverageFan

”Oh the weather outside is frightful… but the fire is so delightful. And since we’ve got no place to go, Let It Snow Let It Snow Let It Snow…!”

Ho ho ho! Well Hi there, kids! Didn’t see you come in! It’s me: TheAverageFan, and it looks like it’s that time of year again! Yes, if you thought me working on a new fanfiction would prevent me from doing my yearly shtick, well I’m sorry to disappoint! Yup, we’re doing this **** again! So gather round, pull up a chair, put on a sweater, pour some hot chocolate, tie a noose—

Well we are actually shaking things up a bit this year. Yes, I don’t think I could survive the 36 Days of Christmas, so instead I’ll be writing daily pieces from here until the 25th gushing about some of my favorite things. Because nobody can truly make a new shape or concoct a new color. Indeed, we all have our inspirations as writers and, well frankly, human beings! So I thought this Christmas season I’d share with you all some of the great things I’ve stumbled across here or there in my lifetime, mostly entertainment-related.

It's both amazing and terrifying how many truly wonderful things we can just stumble upon or have slip right under our noses! So I'm here to help spread the news!! After all, sharing is what the season is all about. So gather round, pull up a chair, put on a sweater, pour some hot chocolate, drink some Bleach—

Anyway, let’s hop to it! Welcome one and all (probably one), to Twelve Great Things with TheAverageFan!

Day 1:
Spoiler Alert!

Well that hardly had anything to do with anything! Ho ho ho! So, what do you think? Do you have some inspirations of your own you’d like to share? Leave a comment and gimmie Rep, and I’ll be back with more tomorrow! 'Tis the season, after all! Ho ho ho!

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 13th, 2016, 09:11 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 12 Great Things with TheAverageFan

Welcome back, none and all! Yes, it's time for another of the 12 Great Things with TheAverageFan! Cheers and happiness all around! Sorry I'm late! I've been rather busy in other threads, in case you couldn't tell. But fear not. I'm back! (Should probably write these in advance, though...)

Now then, onto Day #2! Today we're talking movies, horror movies as a matter of fact! I bet you'd be just as surprised to find that I'm very critical of those as well! Well fear not, today we'll be looking into one of the very best ones out there: my second favorite horror flick of all time!

Growing up I never thought I'd ever be into horror as a genre. I just didn't get the appeal of being scared for fun. However there's a real good craft to it that I appreciate, and there's something undeniably tantalizing about good horror. There's also something undeniably disappointing about not being scared by a horror movie. Tragically there's not a lot of good ones out there.

BUT WORRY NOT! I'm here to help spread the good word for those that stand the test of time: Behold: Day 2's choice! (mind some graphic pictures tho)

Day 2:
Spoiler Alert!

So there you have it. Tune in next time and we'll have something else for ya. And earlier next time too! Ho ho ho!

~TAF

Old December 14th, 2016, 05:46 PM

Day 3

And we're back! Welcome once again to 12 Great Things with TheAverageFan! Today we're talking internet personalities. Yes, you can be famous entirely due to a web presence. What an age! *Takes sip of internet hot chocolate and turns internet page*

Now, kids: you'd be surprised just how many countless hours of entertainment can be found across the internet. There are countless content creators, from those on this very site to others across the internet universe. But for my money it can just about all be traced back to one individual, at least in the case of homemade internet reviews. Some of you may already know who I'm talking about, but for those who don't, let's dive into Day 3's subject:

Day 3:
Spoiler Alert!

Well anyhow, that’s all for today. Let me know what you think in the comments and we’ll be right back next time with more stuff. Ho ho ho! Until then…

~TAF

Old December 15th, 2016, 05:32 PM

Day 4

Welcome back, everyone. Yes, it's that time of day again, time for another of the 12 Great Things with TheAverageFan! Today we're really getting into the meat of the idea, talking not just about some quality recommendations, but the real good stuff.

As such let's get into today's subject, one of my more recent yet powerful experiences, however late I was to finally get into it. Yes, it's Day 4. Let's have us a look, yes?

Day 4:
Spoiler Alert!

Well as you can see we are officially in gushing territory. And yet we're only 1/3rd of the way through! Yes, there's still eight days left and eight more wonderful things to discuss. What sort of things are important in your life? Comment, you bastards. Ho ho ho!

~TAF

Old December 15th, 2016, 06:13 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What's important in my life? Um...
Oh! Writing! Duh.

~TGRF.
Old December 15th, 2016, 06:57 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I may have to check out AVGN. Those are the games I played. C-64 for the win!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 16th, 2016, 06:08 PM

Day 5

Well, kids, we're up to Day 5 now and almost halfway done with our 12 Days of Christmas with TheAverageFan! My, how it goes by so very fast!

Today we're coming back around to movies. A specific type of action movie to be exact. Not terribly deep, but enjoyable nonetheless, and a solid recommendation to go around. Maybe two? Let's not waste any time: let's dive right into Day 5.

Day 5:
Spoiler Alert!

Well that wraps up another day on our way to Christmas. Stay tuned and I'll be back with more today. Until then...

~TAF

Old December 16th, 2016, 07:50 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wait, so Ip Man is a martial arts movie that actually has a mention-able PLOT?

~TGRF.
Old December 16th, 2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post

~TGRF.
Yes, and it's a good plot at that. I'd recommend it even if you're not into kung-fu movies. It's a genuinely good film.

~TAF

Old December 16th, 2016, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post

~TGRF.
Yes, and it's a good plot at that. I'd recommend it even if you're not into kung-fu movies. It's a genuinely good film.

~TAF
I'll have to see about getting my hands on it; thanks for the recommendation!

~TGRF, who would be more into martial arts movies if they had plots. And acting. And good screenwriting. And other things most movies have.
Old December 17th, 2016, 06:58 PM

Day 6

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas... Oh, hey there! Sorry I'm a bit late - I was busy singing Christmas songs because I'm so jolly. Anyways, it's time to get back to the 12 Great Things with TheAverageFan!

Yes, we're finally at the halfway point with Day 6. Hard to believe Christmas is just a week away, right? But we're not here to talk about Christmas. We're here to talk about great things! And today's great thing is back to video games. Yes, another classic that you shouldn't miss! It's Day 6.

Day 6:
Spoiler Alert!

How exciting! Have you played this game or others like it? Well, come back tomorrow and we'll have more to discuss over the remaining 12 Great Things with me your host, TheAverageFan!

~TAF

Old December 18th, 2016, 08:38 PM

Day 7

Yup, yup, yup, time for Day 7 of the 12 Great Things with TheAverageFan! Sorry I'm late - I was at a party and got a little tipsy so not much time to make today's entry... but worry not! I'm here now and that's what matters most!! So, without further ado, let's get right into the meat of things with Day 7...

Day 7:
Spoiler Alert!

Well we're getting through them now. In fact, we're just about down to the final four! What could they be? Stick around and find out soon!

~TAF

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction