Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old October 19th, 2016, 09:41 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Nintendo Switch

Just over 12 hours from now, Nintendo will finally tell the world what their next console is.
I've been looking forward for news on this thing since March of last year.
I wonder what it'll be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Last edited by Nukatha; October 21st, 2016 at 10:19 AM.
Old October 19th, 2016, 10:28 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Nintendo NX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Just over 12 hours from now, Nintendo will finally tell the world what their next console is.
I've been looking forward for news on this thing since March of last year.
I wonder what it'll be.
Thank you for posting this! I too have been looking forward to this and I haven't been able to get a hint of when they would finally reveal it. For some reason I can't muster up a bit of excitement for the Scorpio or the next Playstation. But the NX I'm excited about, despite knowing that it will be underpowered. I really hope that they (Nintendo) don't blow it.

What event are they revealing it at?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old October 20th, 2016, 01:15 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Well I have to admit to being a little disappointed in what was revealed. It being pretty much a tablet tells me that the rumors of it being powered by a Tegra 1 chip are most likely true. I dont see any way to play Wii U games on it. And they yet again went with a lame name for it when the code name was much better. Nintendo Switch! I'm not feelin' it.

I'm still holding out hope for some surprises though. I do like the new Switch Pro controllers that where revealed, but I'm guessing we won't get one packaged with the system.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old October 20th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm pretty excited, personally. I love the Wii U, for all its faults, and this seems like a natural evolution of the concept - giving me a full breadth of play options from handheld to desktop to TV with lots of controller configurations.

Keep the good games coming and I'll be on board.
Old October 20th, 2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'm pretty excited, personally. I love the Wii U, for all its faults, and this seems like a natural evolution of the concept - giving me a full breadth of play options from handheld to desktop to TV with lots of controller configurations.

Keep the good games coming and I'll be on board.
Oh don't get me wrong. Although I'm disappointed in the reveal I am still overall excited for it. I absolutely plan on getting one, as I have had much more fun with my Wii U than the PS4 or 360. I am a long time Nintendo fan.

Old October 20th, 2016, 11:46 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Looks awesome to me! Looks kind of like a Wii U that doesn't for.e you to use the tablet, but the option is always there. It's just... better!

I'm on board.
Old October 21st, 2016, 10:21 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Nintendo Switch

I'm mildly concerned. I love the web browser/Netflix app/ touchscreen features of the Wii U, how I can manipulate the gamepad and make stuff appear onscreen. In addition, it allows for DS games to be effectively emulated, by just making the top screen appear on the TV and the touchscreen on the touchscreen. (what a concept)
But for this, it seems that the Switch tablet cannot simultaneously be used as a tablet and have the TV on. Of course, we don't even know if it has a touchscreen yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old October 21st, 2016, 10:35 AM

I think that I have pinpointed where my disappointment is coming from. I think that it is because the NS is a portable hand-held system that you can also play on your television, instead of the other way around. Why this bothers me I'm not sure except that I'm not a mobile gamer.

I wonder what the chances are that it could play 3DS games?

Old October 21st, 2016, 03:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Are the graphics up to par with the latest tv systems at least? Nintendo fell behind the curve years ago in my opinion. They should have done the WII in HD. That is the last Nintendo system I bought, and it was for my wife.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 21st, 2016, 03:52 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Are the graphics up to par with the latest tv systems at least? Nintendo fell behind the curve years ago in my opinion. They should have done the WII in HD. That is the last Nintendo system I bought, and it was for my wife.
The Wii is great for what we use if for. Most of the games we play HD isn't an issue. For general family fun it works. It's probably the last system we bought. A friend gave me his PS3 not long ago but somethings wrong with the drive.

We play the Wii and the PS2 (Star Wars Battlefronts I and II pretty much exclusively) about equal.

But I do remember thinking the Wii wasn't a true jump forward when it came out. More like a slight nudge. We were exclusively Nintendo until the PS came out. I think it was the N64's controller that sealed the deal. I don't even play the N64 anymore and prefer to play my games through an emulator with a PS type controller. Much more enjoyable.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 21st, 2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
They didn't give any specs but I would say no. The Wii U can do 1080p but we don't know yet about the NS. The PS4 Pro and X-Box One S, as well as both of their next generation systems, are all able to do 4k resolution. I feel pretty confident that the NS will not come close to that. It being in tablet form I wouldn't be surprised if 720p was it's limit. But that is all conjecture.

Old October 21st, 2016, 04:47 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Leaks and speculation say that it'll be (roughly) as powerful as an Xbox One. Which is behind the curve for sure but serviceable, I think.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games