Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old October 29th, 2012, 07:26 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of 'Scape (RPG)

Each teaser post makes me want to try out the new version even more! Can't wait until the full version is released!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old November 1st, 2012, 08:38 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

An additional item of interest... The actual user guide itself will be seeing some changes. I trust that my players will be capable of a bit more work and page flipping, so for the sake of simplicity and conserving paper, the whole thing will comprise of a rules guide with introduction and a list of Races and their respective Classes (probably no more Class tree though.) Following this will be each available Class divided by their Race. The Class summaries will include a brief description of the Class and its strengths, the Special Power spending limit, the available Class upgrade training, a list of of available weapons, and finally a list of all Special Powers available, broken up into categories. At the end of the Game Guide will be an extensive list of every Special Power used throughout the game.

Well that's it for everything that I know I will include and change. Everything else will be speculative and will be looking forward to feedback and opinions from you guys on.

Last edited by Kaiyu; November 1st, 2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:52 PM

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Here is my most recently updated Class tree. Still subject to change, but more solidified than the previous one.

Old November 3rd, 2012, 01:30 PM

The first thing that I've considered working on is an in-depth magic system. The simplest thing that I could add is a mana recourse system. Magic Special Attacks or other magic Special Powers will cost a certain amount mana to use. Some Classes will have a higher mana pool and mana regeneration than others, providing further methods of balancing. This idea is quite tame and I will more than likely implement it.

Something a bit more radical is my idea of separating the physical from the magical. Normal Attacks and Special Attacks that aren't spells will be considered physical attacks, while Special Attacks that are spells will be considered magical attacks. Likewise, there would have to be a physical and magical defense. Again, this would provide another method of balancing. Doing this would allow me to make some Classes- the Barbarian for example- to have superior offensive and physical defensive prowess, but with a weakness to magical attack, preventing it from becoming overpowered.

What do you think?
Old November 3rd, 2012, 02:17 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyu View Post
The first thing that I've considered working on is an in-depth magic system. The simplest thing that I could add is a mana recourse system. Magic Special Attacks or other magic Special Powers will cost a certain amount mana to use. Some Classes will have a higher mana pool and mana regeneration than others, providing further methods of balancing. This idea is quite tame and I will more than likely implement it.

Something a bit more radical is my idea of separating the physical from the magical. Normal Attacks and Special Attacks that aren't spells will be considered physical attacks, while Special Attacks that are spells will be considered magical attacks. Likewise, there would have to be a physical and magical defense. Again, this would provide another method of balancing. Doing this would allow me to make some Classes- the Barbarian for example- to have superior offensive and physical defensive prowess, but with a weakness to magical attack, preventing it from becoming overpowered.

What do you think?
Both ideas seem like fine ideas to me. I like the idea of multiple attacks/defenses. (Actually reminds me a bit of Pokemon. [not a bad thing]) It would another nice layer to the game.

These teasers are really great. I'm excited for the full release.

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old November 3rd, 2012, 02:32 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

What do you think?
It really depends on how complex you want the game to be. Your first idea seems much more simple. The second idea, though more complex, would work better thematically.

I personally like the second option - it reminds me of the magic system in Warhammer Fantasy (which works well).

Old November 3rd, 2012, 09:23 PM

I want depth; I'm avoiding complexity. It's just a matter of deciding if the amount of depth a change offers will be worth the increase in complexity that comes with it.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
I want depth; I'm avoiding complexity. It's just a matter of deciding if the amount of depth a change offers will be worth the increase in complexity that comes with it.
In that case, I think you could get away with using the second option. IMO, the way you made it sound makes it seem decently simple while gaining an extra dimension to the game. Plus, it will make each character more thematic (Barbarians use physical attacks, Wizards use magic attacks, Battlemages use both, etc).

Old November 4th, 2012, 12:33 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
In that case, I think you could get away with using the second option. IMO, the way you made it sound makes it seem decently simple while gaining an extra dimension to the game. Plus, it will make each character more thematic (Barbarians use physical attacks, Wizards use magic attacks, Battlemages use both, etc).
Agreed. The first option might put more complexity than you want in for the depth you get out.

IF that makes sense.

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old November 4th, 2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerScaper97 View Post
Quote:
The first option might put more complexity than you want in for the depth you get out.

IF that makes sense.
At its surface, I agree. But with the use of a mana system also gives me a means of mana based Special Powers. Anti-mage warriors will have abilities to remove mana; support based Heroes could have auras that increase mana regen. More importantly, I can give Wizards really powerful spells that will cost more mana to use, rather than making the spell cost more to purchase. Wizards can have a wide variety of spells at their disposal, and their mana costs will be the method of balancing.
Old November 5th, 2012, 06:02 PM

The other radical idea I've been playing with is also the most interesting. If anyone has played the Fire Emblem games, then they remember their iconic "rock, paper, scissors" format for weapons. Spears beat swords, swords beat axes, and axes beat spears. In Heroscape terms: spears would roll one more attack die and defense die against swords, swords would roll one more attack die and defense die against axes, and axes would roll one more attack die and defense die against spears. This could easily be an optional rule or made into Special Powers.

I like it, because it will make you more mindful of who you attack. And for those who are capable of wielding more than one kind of weapon, it will give an edge in combat for those who choose to purchase more than one kind of weapon.

Thoughts? And if you didn't get the chance to give your input about an enhanced magic system, I'm still looking forward to hearing from you.
Old November 5th, 2012, 06:13 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like either magic system.

I really like the idea of the "rock, paper, scissors" for Weapons.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions