Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old September 20th, 2018, 04:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Flash_19's Maps & Scenarios: New Map 9/19/18!

I don't think I've seen anything quite like this. I remember a map pair (I think by AliasQTip, but it was two identical maps with special rules IIRC).
Old September 20th, 2018, 05:37 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Oh my word....that is a genius map design. I am very impressed. Looks really balanced for 1v1 play and looks like a blast for a huge game too...just...wow!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 20th, 2018, 11:33 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Oh my word....that is a genius map design. I am very impressed. Looks really balanced for 1v1 play and looks like a blast for a huge game too...just...wow!
Thanks man! I'm glad you like it. I was a little unsure of how people would respond to it, so thanks for your kind thoughts.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old September 24th, 2018, 09:06 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This design is amazing!! This is super inspiring as a mapmaker
Old September 25th, 2018, 05:10 PM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaesShurrig View Post
This design is amazing!! This is super inspiring as a mapmaker
Thanks so much! I appreciate the kind words.

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old October 2nd, 2018, 10:48 PM

So, I've been sitting on a few maps that I haven't been able to play test yet. But, I'm finally getting some guys together to play in a week. I'm trying to figure out which map to play test first. Any thoughts or feedback based on what you see?

Map 1:
This first one is pretty simple - feels similar to highways and dieways. I'm wondering if it feels a little too vanilla if you know what I mean.

Map 2:
I'm still deciding if I really like this one. I was going for something different than my usual. Treasure glyphs are in the middle by the rock outcrops.

Map 3:
This map is all about trying to make the bridge in the middle work... I like bridge maps aesthetically, but I think they are hard to pull off in a balanced map. Still debating between power glyphs or treasure glyphs for this one.

Feel free to leave your thoughts!

Old October 2nd, 2018, 10:54 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think they look great in general.

For the first one, is there a reason the road isn't symmetrical near the right of the start zones? I'd also move the small large ruin to not block the edge, and maybe add one of the trees you left out.

For the second one, the only thing that throws me is the start zones. They just don't face the center of the map, if you know what I mean.

I like the third one, but I'm not sure about the one hex of road that's on height on each side. It just seems a bit out of place.

Last edited by superfrog; October 2nd, 2018 at 11:12 PM. Reason: rednax is totally right here
Old October 2nd, 2018, 11:09 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Love all your recent maps! For Map 1, I would actually recommend moving the large ruin in. If it completely blocks movement along the outside, that could create some issues.
Old October 2nd, 2018, 11:16 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

For the first one, is there a reason the road isn't symmetrical near the right of the start zones? I'd also move the small ruin to block the edge, and maybe add one of the trees you left out.

For the second one, the only thing that throws me is the start zones. They just don't face the center of the map, if you know what I mean.

I like the third one, but I'm not sure about the one hex of road that's on height on each side. It just seems a bit out of place.
Super did a good job of identifying some things.

Map 1 does have an extra road (or minus 1 road) on the right side of the startzone. If there's not enough road pieces, I'd say just remove the other one. I disagree to block the edge though, I think blocking the edge that much would make the center super clogged and a bottleneck. I think you actually outta move the large ruin in 1 hex so that that side can work around the ruin on the edge side as well. This allows armies to develop along the center and the edges, potentially routing their opponents by those areas.

Map 2 Looks really cool...buuuut yeah...those start zones

Map 3 REALLY like this map. Simple but does a good job of incorporating a fun bridge. I do think it needs power glyphs though. Treasure glyphs get ignored on the edges because it's out of the way for a hero to travel and get it when most conflict on a map will tend to be centralized in order for map control. Feel free to add some treasure glyphs in the middle...but this would be a lot more solid with edge power glyphs.

Overall, great looking maps!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 2nd, 2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

For the first one, is there a reason the road isn't symmetrical near the right of the start zones? I'd also move the small large ruin to not block the edge, and maybe add one of the trees you left out.

Thanks Superfrog! BTW - just thought I'd mention real fast. I've seen a lot of comments from you on all sorts of stuff, and I just really appreciate how awesome you are at giving feedback, and how even if you don't like something, you don't rail on how awful it is. So, thanks.

As for your comments:
That extra road tile on the first map is a mistake. It should look like the side that is closer. Good catch. And interesting about the ruin movement and adding in an extra tree. I was debating making those very changes.

Yeah, I think I agree about the start zones on map 2. I'll see what I can do with that that doesn't make it so that side can get to the highest ground too quickly.

And good to know about that road tile on map 3.

Thanks!

Old October 2nd, 2018, 11:23 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Thanks Superfrog! BTW - just thought I'd mention real fast. I've seen a lot of comments from you on all sorts of stuff, and I just really appreciate how awesome you are at giving feedback, and how even if you don't like something, you don't rail on how awful it is. So, thanks.
That's what happens when you are, um, unemployed and can be on 'Scapers whenever you want
Old October 2nd, 2018, 11:24 PM

Thanks @rednax and @Sir Heroscape for those awesome suggestions!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios