Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old April 23rd, 2017, 07:19 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
It's Currently Saturday/Sunday.
This is stuck on a design element that requires clarification from design lead: Mushroom Power.
Come Friday, this request will decay and this design will be tabled.
4 months since the post before this, scary. Hopefully HoF doesn't slow down again, I think this is something that should really be kept alive.

I removed the wound-healing properties from Jump Attack, I think my reasoning behind it was that that was how he would recover his mushroom power, but if we're going to keep him under 50 points, it should be removed.

JUMP SPECIAL ATTACK:
Range Special. Attack 5.
If Super Mario moved at least one space but did not attack normally, he may use Jump Special Attack. When using Jump Special Attack, choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure within 3 spaces of Mario whose base is not higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of Mario. If the figure is not destroyed, destroy Super Mario.

Jump as a title for the movement power would work, I was attached to Jumping because Mario is usually off the ground in the original game, but Jump probably sums up the power better.

JUMP 5:
Instead of his normal move, Super Mario may use Jump 5. Jump 5 has a move of . When counting spaces for Jump 5, ignore elevations of up to 13. Mario may leap over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins.

Mushroom power, oh boy, I've forgotten context.

MUSHROOM POWER:
If Super Mario has no wounds on his Army Card, add 2 to his size and he counts as a medium figure. The most damage he may take is 1. If Super Mario would be destroyed, instead move him 1 space and deal 1 damage to him.

That should clear up the queries and keep the design alive. I think he may even be ready to go, just some cleaning up and costing.

And now, my apologies:
I'm sorry that as a design lead I let this thread die, over the holidays I grew busier and busier in real life, and I began to ignore this project. And over the course of time things snowballed and I continued to ignore and even forget about this project. I'm sorry for the annoyance and delay I may have been to you all. I can't promise anything right now, but I will try to be active here as long as I am here.

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old April 23rd, 2017, 09:58 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtheMighty View Post
Quote:
It's Currently Saturday/Sunday.
This is stuck on a design element that requires clarification from design lead: Mushroom Power.
Come Friday, this request will decay and this design will be tabled.
4 months since the post before this, scary. Hopefully HoF doesn't slow down again, I think this is something that should really be kept alive.

I removed the wound-healing properties from Jump Attack, I think my reasoning behind it was that that was how he would recover his mushroom power, but if we're going to keep him under 50 points, it should be removed.

JUMP SPECIAL ATTACK:
Range Special. Attack 5.
If Super Mario moved at least one space but did not attack normally, he may use Jump Special Attack. When using Jump Special Attack, choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure within 3 spaces of Mario whose base is not higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of Mario. If the figure is not destroyed, destroy Super Mario.

Jump as a title for the movement power would work, I was attached to Jumping because Mario is usually off the ground in the original game, but Jump probably sums up the power better.

JUMP 5:
Instead of his normal move, Super Mario may use Jump 5. Jump 5 has a move of . When counting spaces for Jump 5, ignore elevations of up to 13. Mario may leap over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins.

Mushroom power, oh boy, I've forgotten context.

MUSHROOM POWER:
If Super Mario has no wounds on his Army Card, add 2 to his size and he counts as a medium figure. The most damage he may take is 1. If Super Mario would be destroyed, instead move him 1 space and deal 1 damage to him.

That should clear up the queries and keep the design alive. I think he may even be ready to go, just some cleaning up and costing.

And now, my apologies:
I'm sorry that as a design lead I let this thread die, over the holidays I grew busier and busier in real life, and I began to ignore this project. And over the course of time things snowballed and I continued to ignore and even forget about this project. I'm sorry for the annoyance and delay I may have been to you all. I can't promise anything right now, but I will try to be active here as long as I am here.
>>Thank you for your reply.
Due to the response, automatic removal for Friday has been cancelled.<<

My constructive comments will come at a later date.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old April 25th, 2017, 10:04 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like how this is shaping up
Some ideas, alternate wording:

MUSHROOM POWER
The most damage Super Mario may take for each attack or special power is 1. If Super Mario is destroyed and has no wounds on his Army Card, before removing his figure from the battlefield, place a wound on his Army Card, move him to any adjacent empty space, and he isn’t destroyed. If Super Mario has any wounds on his Army Card, subtract 2 from his height and he is a small figure.

JUMPING SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 5.
When using Jumping Special Attack, choose a small or medium figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Super Mario whose base is not higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of Super Mario. If Super Mario’s Jumping Special Attack destroys the figure, immediately replace the figure with Super Mario. If Super Mario doesn’t destroy the figure, he receives 1 wound and must be placed on a space adjacent to the figure, or be destroyed.

JUMP 5
Instead of moving normally, Super Mario may Jump. Jump has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Jump, ignore elevations of up to 5. Super Mario may jump over water without stopping, jump over figures without becoming engaged, and jump over obstacles such as ruins. After destroying a figure with his Jumping Special Attack, Super Mario may Jump 5.

Old April 25th, 2017, 10:06 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Good to see you guys back at it. I really do enjoy the idea of this thread.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 27th, 2017, 01:09 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

OK good to see we are back at it. I'm guessing life got busy for all of us. I will see what I can do about finding a usable figure and start making up the card tomorrow.
Old April 27th, 2017, 12:35 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
OK good to see we are back at it. I'm guessing life got busy for all of us. I will see what I can do about finding a usable figure and start making up the card tomorrow.
Maybe hold up on the card for a bit, Confred said he has a couple criticisms.

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old April 29th, 2017, 10:15 PM

Here is a mock of my latest version.

JUMPING SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3 Special. Attack 5.
Choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Super Mario whose base is not higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of Super Mario to attack. If Super Mario’s Jumping Special Attack destroys the figure, immediately replace the figure with Super Mario. If Super Mario doesn’t destroy the figure, he receives 1 wound and must be placed on an empty space adjacent to the figure, or be destroyed.

JUMP 5
Instead of moving normally, Super Mario may Jump. Jump has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Jump, ignore elevations of up to 5. Super Mario may jump over water without stopping, jump over figures without becoming engaged, and jump over obstacles such as ruins. After destroying a figure with his Jumping Special Attack, Super Mario may Jump 5.

MUSHROOM POWER
The most damage Super Mario may take for any attack or special power is 1. If Super Mario is destroyed and has no wounds on his Army Card, before removing his figure from the battlefield, place a wound on his Army Card, move him to any adjacent empty space, and he isn’t destroyed. If Super Mario has any wounds on his Army Card, subtract 2 from his height and he is a small figure.

Old April 29th, 2017, 11:58 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
It's a Me

Quote:

JUMPING SPECIAL ATTACK
Choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Super Mario whose base is not higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of Super Mario to attack. If Super Mario’s Jumping Special Attack destroys the figure, immediately replace the figure with Super Mario. If Super Mario doesn’t destroy the figure, he receives 1 wound and must be placed on an empty space adjacent to the figure, or be destroyed. If Super Mario can not be placed, destroy Super Mario.

JUMP 5
Instead of moving normally, Super Mario may Jump. Jump has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Jump, ignore elevations of up to 5. Super Mario may jump over water without stopping, jump over figures without becoming engaged, and jump over obstacles such as ruins. After destroying a figure with his Jumping Special Attack, Super Mario may useJump 5.

MUSHROOM POWER
The most damage Super Mario may take for any attack or special power is 1The most wounds Super Mario may take from an attack or special power is one. If Super Mario is destroyed and has no wounds on his Army Card, before removing his figure from the battlefield, place a wound on his Army Card, move him to any adjacent empty space, and he isn’t destroyed. If Super Mario has any wounds on his Army Card, he now has a Height of Small 3.
I updated to what seems more Heroscapey language. I'm not super comfortable with the "isn't destroyed" language and would need to see if I could find a better alternative. Also should we make the SA require non adjacency?

~Dysole, with her general contribution
Old April 30th, 2017, 12:03 PM

Re: It's a Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:

JUMPING SPECIAL ATTACK
Choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Super Mario whose base is not higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of Super Mario to attack. If Super Mario’s Jumping Special Attack destroys the figure, immediately replace the figure with Super Mario. If Super Mario doesn’t destroy the figure, he receives 1 wound and must be placed on an empty space adjacent to the figure, or be destroyed. If Super Mario can not be placed, destroy Super Mario.

JUMP 5
Instead of moving normally, Super Mario may Jump. Jump has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Jump, ignore elevations of up to 5. Super Mario may jump over water without stopping, jump over figures without becoming engaged, and jump over obstacles such as ruins. After destroying a figure with his Jumping Special Attack, Super Mario may useJump 5.

MUSHROOM POWER
The most damage Super Mario may take for any attack or special power is 1The most wounds Super Mario may take from an attack or special power is one. If Super Mario is destroyed and has no wounds on his Army Card, before removing his figure from the battlefield, place a wound on his Army Card, move him to any adjacent empty space, and he isn’t destroyed. If Super Mario has any wounds on his Army Card, he now has a Height of Small 3.
I updated to what seems more Heroscapey language. I'm not super comfortable with the "isn't destroyed" language and would need to see if I could find a better alternative. Also should we make the SA require non adjacency?

~Dysole, with her general contribution
Changes look good to me.
in game, he can jump on adjacent figures.
But in second thinking, it would be powerful. but in third thinking, Drow Chainfighter rolls 4 Attack dice without penalty.
However, you're correct in identifying it as an issue to test and ponder.

Old April 30th, 2017, 11:39 PM

I was unable to get in a playtest, but I've spent some time at the armchair and I like the feel of Super Mario as is.

JUMPING SPECIAL ATTACK
Choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Super Mario whose base is not higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of Super Mario to attack. If Super Mario’s Jumping Special Attack destroys the figure, immediately replace the figure with Super Mario. If Super Mario doesn’t destroy the figure, he receives 1 wound and must be placed on an empty space adjacent to the figure. If Super Mario can't be placed, destroy him.

JUMP 5
Instead of moving normally, Super Mario may Jump. Jump has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Jump, ignore elevations of up to 5. Super Mario may jump over water without stopping, jump over figures without becoming engaged, and jump over obstacles such as ruins. After destroying a figure with his Jumping Special Attack, Super Mario may use Jump 5.

MUSHROOM POWER

The most wounds Super Mario may take from an attack or special power is one. If Super Mario is destroyed and has no wounds on his Army Card, before removing his figure from the battlefield, place a wound on his Army Card, move him to any adjacent empty space, and he isn’t destroyed. If Super Mario has any wounds on his Army Card, subtract 2 from his height and he is a small figure.

Defense --> 3

Old May 1st, 2017, 12:23 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FYI

I copied the SA wording from C3V's Kursus as that felt like the closest analogue we had.

~Dysole, informationally
Old May 1st, 2017, 01:19 AM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
"Jumping" in

I'm not super excited about the current wording on Mushroom Power,
especially with the "isn't destroyed" clause. Been watching the design go on, and I think a replacement effect better suits this power.

Mushroom Power
The most wounds Super Mario can take from an attack is one. If Super Mario would be destroyed and has no wounds on his army card, instead move him to any adjacent space and place a wound on his army card. As long as Super Mario has any wounds on his army card, subtract 2 from his height and he is a small figure.

Oops, rolled a 1.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum