Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old March 26th, 2017, 12:28 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
I just finished Dark Souls III after it was loaned to me. How did I ever miss such a fantastic game franchise until now?

For the past few years, I have been jaded when it comes to video games. I just haven't been able to find any games that hold my interest at all. I was afraid that maybe I just wasn't a gamer anymore and might just have to give it up.

Dark Souls III changed that. It sucked me right in and held me tight until the very end. I loved the story, atmosphere, setting, music, everything. It saved this jaded gamer and is definitely one of my new all-time favorite games.

Now I have to go out and buy Dark Souls and Darks Souls II. And I like three so much, that I'll likely buy my own copy of it as well so that I can play through it again. Good stuff!
I felt the same way after playing Silent Hill 2 for the first time just last year. I'm still jaded when it comes to modern video games though

Dark Souls III was also my first Dark Souls game. I'd recommend Bloodborne, a Dark Souls spinoff for PS4, if you haven't played it. DS3 is very similar to that one.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 26th, 2017, 09:42 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I felt the same way after playing Silent Hill 2 for the first time just last year. I'm still jaded when it comes to modern video games though

Dark Souls III was also my first Dark Souls game. I'd recommend Bloodborne, a Dark Souls spinoff for PS4, if you haven't played it. DS3 is very similar to that one.

~TAF
Thanks for the recommendation! Yeah, Bloodborne is another one that I should have added to that list. I absolutely want to try it. I'm sure that I too am still jaded when it comes to most games but at least I know now that it is possible to find a game that I really love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Finally got around to playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and it's been a real treat. Not exactly sure it's worth $300, but it's a real reason to get a Switch.
I am glad to know that you are enjoying it. I have been a long time Nintendo and Zelda fan. Like I stated in my posts above, I have a hard time enjoying games these days but I am really hoping that I love the new Zelda game.

The problem is, I can't get my hands on a stinkin' Switch.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old March 26th, 2017, 08:48 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Two Cents on Zelda

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Finally got around to playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and it's been a real treat. Not exactly sure it's worth $300, but it's a real reason to get a Switch.
I am glad to know that you are enjoying it. I have been a long time Nintendo and Zelda fan. Like I stated in my posts above, I have a hard time enjoying games these days but I am really hoping that I love the new Zelda game.

The problem is, I can't get my hands on a stinkin' Switch.
The best comparison I can think of is Wind Waker. Breath of the Wild is almost the same in premise, but with two major differences. The linear points of Wind Waker lasts much longer than Breath of the Wild, and Breath of the Wild takes place over land. Instead of having an endless sea with occasional distractions to separate you from cool things, (like the islands) the entire world is made up of those points of interest. Additionally, it feels to me that those points are condensed more, which keeps me engaged longer. However, I'm not saying this game is exactly like anything before it. It's not. If you really enjoyed games like Ocarina of Time and those like it, this may not feel the same or be as fun.

I really enjoyed the late game of Wind Waker, where you sort of just sailed aimlessly, and that's why I think I enjoy so much of Breath of the Wild. It's not structured anything like Skyward Sword or Ocarina of Time. In fact, you don't have to do any of the dungeons to actually complete the game! That said, I hope you enjoy it, as it's a really great game. I would play it over Skyrim; it's that good.

If you're having trouble finding a Switch, you might want to try looking at Target or Wal-Mart instead of Best Buy or Gamestop. Most people usually check out the latter, so the former might net you some luck at finding one.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old May 4th, 2017, 03:14 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

NieR: Automata.

A lot of people are saying this is legitimately the best game ever made. I wouldn't go that far but given the state of the modern game industry it'll easily be a contender for game of the year. I recommend checking it out. Just make sure to play it all the way through. It takes three playthroughs to get the whole story.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 13th, 2017, 04:31 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

After seeing a comment in a youtube video that it is now free, I downloaded Starcraft and have been replaying the campaign for the last few hours. It's funny, I still have the discs, and I've been thinking about figuring out how to get it to work on Windows 10 for a while. Now it's an easy download and install file. I haven't played it in a long time. I don't think I've played it since I was running Windows 98SE. Yikes, is it really almost 20 years old?

The game play is still fun. The graphics are dated, and I'm having to get used to the controls again, but it's going to be a lot of fun rediscovering it. I think the hardest thing is going to be getting my brain to think in RTS terms. I've been playing shooters quite a bit lately.
Old May 13th, 2017, 08:15 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
After seeing a comment in a youtube video that it is now free, I downloaded Starcraft and have been replaying the campaign for the last few hours. It's funny, I still have the discs, and I've been thinking about figuring out how to get it to work on Windows 10 for a while. Now it's an easy download and install file. I haven't played it in a long time. I don't think I've played it since I was running Windows 98SE. Yikes, is it really almost 20 years old?

The game play is still fun. The graphics are dated, and I'm having to get used to the controls again, but it's going to be a lot of fun rediscovering it. I think the hardest thing is going to be getting my brain to think in RTS terms. I've been playing shooters quite a bit lately.
Its a classic. Me and my brothers still play it against each other using a networking site called gameranger. That site allows tons of older games to be played online with your pals. It just hosts for you. Good stuff.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 13th, 2017, 09:12 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post

Its a classic. Me and my brothers still play it against each other using a networking site called gameranger. That site allows tons of older games to be played online with your pals. It just hosts for you. Good stuff.
My brother downloaded it recently when it became free, so I've been intermittently playing a bit for the first time. About 8 missions through the Terran Campaign and I'm finding it pretty damn challenging. The controls are a little unrefined to someone more familiar with somewhat more modern RTS games (Age of Kings is the oldest game I've been playing on a somewhat regular basis - I've been a big RTS fan for years), but not to a degree where I'm actually finding it a problem - not the roughest game I've ever tried to play, that being the original Command and Conquer. Pretty enjoyable so far. About to engage the Protoss for the first time in the next mission, and since I have 0 familiarity with that faction and the last mission was a pain to win, I'm thinking I may struggle here.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 13th, 2017, 10:20 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Lazy Orang, I've been playing these games since I was 12 years old(now almost 32). This is one of the first video games my parents old computer could play back in the day. Along with Warcraft 2 Battlenet edition. I've more recently been playing StarCraft 2 and have been playing it online. I'm so obsessed with the franchise that I have already found a ton of different characters that I'll be 3d printing for the tabletop when I get my printer this fall off of kickstarter. My favorite terran unit of all time is the Siege tank. A siege tank wall is a thing of destruction. It can be beaten, but it sure is fun to watch anything ground unit wise meet its explosive fate.

Old May 13th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I love leap frogging two groups of degree tanks. Or use a small cheap guy to sight for a group. Haven't got there yet, but I can't wait. That and a Protoss reaver drop.
Old May 13th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Just crushed the Protoss in Mission 9!.... Before swiftly having to resign Mission 10 after Arcturus nuked my base. Apparently I'm going to need to judiciously place Missile Turrets and Bunkers so those bloody Ghosts can't get close enough to spot for a nuclear launch. This mission is looking really tough - still, I'm enjoying the campaign!

Quote:
@Lazy Orang, I've been playing these games since I was 12 years old(now almost 32). This is one of the first video games my parents old computer could play back in the day. Along with Warcraft 2 Battlenet edition. I've more recently been playing StarCraft 2 and have been playing it online. I'm so obsessed with the franchise that I have already found a ton of different characters that I'll be 3d printing for the tabletop when I get my printer this fall off of kickstarter. My favorite terran unit of all time is the Siege tank. A siege tank wall is a thing of destruction. It can be beaten, but it sure is fun to watch anything ground unit wise meet its explosive fate.
Oh, yeah, the Siege Tank has become invaluable to me ever since it became available. Not really sure what the Goliath is best used for, though - is it purely for anti-air? The Battlecruiser feels devastating though.
For me, the first proper computer game I ever played, and the one that got me into the RTS genre at around the age of 6, would be Age of Mythology - absolutely amazing game, highly recommend it, the Enhanced Edition is available on Steam now. If you want to lay waste to Classical armies with mythological creatures and the power of the Gods, or if you just want a really fun RTS experience, then this is a must-play.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 13th, 2017, 01:19 PM
"like" happy

A great strategy for defending against ghost attacks are Missle turrets and siege tanks, that way you don't have to waste a ton of money on a bunch of marines or goliaths. The goliaths can shoot both ground and air though. The vulture is probably the most useless terran unit. When you play the expansion brood war they bring in some more units such as medics that make the marines and such more volatile.

Old May 13th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
A great strategy for defending against ghost attacks are Missle turrets and siege tanks, that way you don't have to waste a ton of money on a bunch of marines or goliaths. The goliaths can shoot both ground and air though. The vulture is probably the most useless terran unit. When you play the expansion brood war they bring in some more units such as medics that make the marines and such more volatile.
That could be a good idea - probably also a good idea to keep Jim Raynor at base camp for extra defence and to try to make sure I don't suddenly lose from him dying on the front lines. Yeah, never really made much use out of the vultures, the only time I really used them was to spam... I want to say Spider Mines?... to cheese that defence mission I can't remember the name for.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games