Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 22nd, 2017, 10:57 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Arrow Skeletons and assassins

Hello again, I'm back with some more dudes. I found some really cool Pathfinder units to use, plus I've had an idea on the back burner for a while now with these two Jandarian assassins. Did the concept transition well into execution? Only way to see is to check them out, yes.

Character Bio: Many a Hero of insufficient skill has met their end at the hands of Tomb Skeleton Infantry. Some of Frejya's Wayfarer ranks might dread meeting them again in battle on Valhalla. These heavily armored skeletons are difficult to kill and can be quite the headache to those unable to slay them. They are impossible to ignore in combat, and one missed move could have you shoved into a hail of arrows.

I'll be honest with you all, the Tomb Skeletons kinda suck. The Tomb Skeleton Infantry are a 2-man squad who pack more punch than the other Tomb Skeletons, and they can help out their fellows at the same time. With Fierce Parry, they can both move and push enemies one space when they successfully defend against an attack. This can be quite useful in shoving enemies into and out of engagement for the sake of the other Tomb Skeleons' Flanking and Clear Shot powers. Furthermore, with Demanding Presence, the Infantry can effectively use Combat Challenge when it comes to enemies targeting Undead Guards. This can further help out the other Skeletons. Of course, all this seems pretty good, but being a 2-man squad can only take you so far.

Character Bio: Yulador offers evil a taste of its own medicine. The Utgarian assassin never failed a target and never knew the concept of mercy until he met both at the hands of Jandar. Instead of having the killer executed, the Valkyrie opted to plant the seed of doubt in Yulador's mind and released him.

Yulador didn't learn his final lesson until he failed to kill Jandar the second time. Upon being shown mercy again, the assassin realized that Jandar's ideals were more resolute than foolish. That insisting on changing him took more discipline and restraint than he'd thought. That was something he could seriously respect as a soldier. At that Yulador pledged his undying loyalty to the blue General.

The assassin still doesn't blend into Jandar's other ranks, so he stays in the shadows, an ugly but powerful invisible shield to the Valkyrie's most trusted Heroes. A bodyguard of blades rather than armor.

Yulador is an interesting unit to field. He chooses one other Jandar Hero to protect with Jandar Bodyguard, enabling him to automatically attack any figure who attacks the chosen Hero. These free attacks can be immensely powerful, but Jandar Bodyguard permanently lowers the Defense value of the chosen Hero, which can be crippling. Furthermore, Yulador has to keep up with his chosen Hero and can only attack once on his own turn. Plus the price tag, it's hard to say how useful he will be. He might tear anyone who dares attack Drake a new one and as such demand to be dealt with first. Or he might be too slow to keep up with Nilfheim and only cost you points and defense.

Character Bio: The man darted from one soldier to the next, dropping their corpses and moving in a blur of dark blue and silver. Where was the off-switch for this one? Errnak yanked at the reins to his Swog, keeping his distance as the assassin fought through ranks of orcs. He halted his Swog and drew two arrows, squinting through one eye and aiming carefully.

Thwack! both bolts sunk into the assassin's torso, knocking him to the ground, if only for a second. As if urged on by the limitless energy of Gruumsh himself, the man merely sprung back to his feet. He returned fire at Errnak, throwing a dagger straight into the skull of the Orc's Swog. Errnak's right leg crumpled as the beast collapsed on top of it, the Orc struggling to free himself and draw his blade. The assassin strode over, one hand yanking the arrows from his chest and the other firmly grasping a plenty-bloodied sword.

"Aagh!!" Errnak shouted in pain, glaring up at the soldier and spitting out blood, "You cannot be human... Who was foolish enough to unleash you upon this world!?"

"Ask Utgar when he meets you in Hell." The assassin replied, raising his sword and promptly plunging in down into the Orc's heart. Another one down, each soldier killed a brick removed from the wall separating Jywer from his General.

Jywer is quite the potent fighter. Galeforce is an immensely powerful ability that enables him to take another turn after he's destroyed enough figures, half as many if he kills Utgar figures with Ex-Utgar Kill Rush. On top of that, he can obtain Double Attack once he's amassed enough wounds with Scathed Attacks. Once he hits his stride, Jywer can attack numerous times in a single OM, provided he can consistently destroy his targets. He'll naturally struggle with Heroes more than Squads, so having a Hero-heavy army will stop him in his tracks.

Well that's all for today. Comment and all that, let me know what you think, and I'll be back later.

~TAF

(figures used:
Tomb Skeleton Infantry = Pathfinders Skeleton Infantry/Spearman
Yulador = Warhammer Assassin
Jywer = Anima Tactics Shinobi)

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 22nd, 2017, 11:44 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Wingless Galeforce

Jwyer's going to have a field day against most Gruts, that's for sure. Tomb skellies are nice, and a fun addition to a faction. Yulador seems to be a pretty big risk, is almost an equal risk for your opponent. A nice piece of design I've never thought of. Either way, love them all, but especially digging Galeforce. Maybe you actually found a way to balance that one?

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 10:19 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: TAF's Customs SKELETONS AND ASSASSINS

I'm not sure about those jandar guys being merciless. One thing might lead to another, then the next thing you know, they are out at happy hour enjoying a few beers with some minions of utgar.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 23rd, 2017, 03:31 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
We can't get married until you learn Galeforce, woman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I'm not sure about those jandar guys being merciless. One thing might lead to another, then the next thing you know, they are out at happy hour enjoying a few beers with some minions of utgar.
I was going to have Yulador's personality be Loyal, but one of the best units for him to Bodyguard is another Custom of mine: King Kenelm, who offers bonuses to Loyal figures. Besides, I like units who ride the line of their General. Like Gurei-Oni: one of the most dangerous loose cannons in Heroscape

~TAF

Old March 23rd, 2017, 04:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wow, he looks awesome.

I think to be a merciless assassin of Jandar would require an extraordinary change of heart. Perhaps someone who had forsaken their killing ways and then was murdered(perhaps his family as well) and brought to Valhalla by Jandar to employ his arts again to return and change his/their fate.

Looks fun to play. I like the build up to affect. Very video-game-y. Nice.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 06:12 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Maybe "Tormented"?
Old March 30th, 2017, 07:19 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow, these are great. Jywer does definitely have a great video-game-y feel to him, something that is pretty hard to do without seeming super custom-y. Yulador seems like a lot of fun, though squeezing 140 points out of him seems like a challenge I don't think lowering it (too much) is justified.

The way Fierce Parry is worded they could not move up any elevation, correct? I'm sure that's what it means, I'm just not certain if it means that right now.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 30th, 2017, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
The way Fierce Parry is worded they could not move up any elevation, correct? I'm sure that's what it means, I'm just not certain if it means that right now.
That is correct. You cannot push people uphill with Fierce Parry. Thanks for the feedback!

~TAF

Old April 18th, 2017, 08:59 PM

Arrow Drunkard

Hey y'all, it's been a while. And while I've got quite a few customs on the back burner, none of them are quite ready for release just yet. All except one, so one it is for today. Better than nothing, I say!

Character Bio: Quinton was once a mighty warrior. Once. After enduring countless battles without harm, his first crushing defeat came in the form of a broken heart, leading to a lifetime of drinking his sorrows into numbness. He spent many a day and night in pubs across the land, challenging patrons or bothering barmaids, and generally making a fool of himself.

It got to the point where Quinton was summoned not by the Valkyrie Generals of Might or Speed or Tactics, but by the Valkyrie of Pity known as Frejya. To her Kask was no different from a mewling cat stuck in a tree, pathetic but redeemable.

Still, Quinton can commit his blade to combat. So while he may be more of a bumbling fool than a disciplined warrior, he can still fight when needed. An awkward man staggering about--sword waving in one hand and beer clutched in the other--insisting that he's a lover, not a fighter... the look alone could make most warriors laugh. Of course, underestimating Quinton can be a big mistake. There's still a hint of a true soldier in there somewhere, and the villagers of Frejya will gladly slake his thirsts if he'll bring it out to protect them from time to time.

Quinton Kask is a drunken fighter, not in the way of a Drunken Master monk but rather that of a warrior whose skills were wasted away long ago at the hands of a vicious tankard. Although there is some talent left in him: with Boozy Fighter Quinton has Triple Attack, although he must attack regardless of allegiance. So keep him away from weaker allies.

Now a lot of attempts have been made to translate the drunk archetype to Heroscape, some powers more complicated than others. But with Quinton I think I got the right amount of simplicity and theme by reusing Stumble Swing from an earlier Custom. Although three attacks of 3 is quite good for a less expensive unit, if an opponent is skilled enough to stand their ground, they can send Quinton reeling off, sword still swinging.

For 60 points Quinton is a good hero for cleaning up numerous low-defense figures. But against hardened warriors he'll cause more harm than help. I'll need to playtest him to see if he needs to be less expensive, but otherwise he looks to be a good simple and fun unit. Drinks are on me tonight!

~TAF, will be back with more another time

(figure used: Pathfinder Cayden Cailen)

Old April 18th, 2017, 09:15 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: TAF's Customs DRUNKARD

Wow, that guy's cool! Dripping theme and hilarity - sounds like he'll be really entertaining to play. Got to get him!

Btw, I meant to comment on the last set but never got round to - they look great too!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 19th, 2017, 01:33 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Reading the card was a blast! Always great to have customs with odd mechanics.
Old April 19th, 2017, 01:40 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice one TAF.

Reminds me of the April Fool's C3G version of Drunken Tony Stark.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards